Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

The fact of the matter is that people use good reviews to defend albums that they like, and bad reviews to trash albums or call it a failure even if they themselves like the record deep down. She is a polarising artist and music in general is subjective. Form your own opinions instead of being a follower. :nails:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

Did you forget Ann Powers :oprah2:

Ngl, it's frustrating to see her shine again after all those controversies and then read that review.

Ann Powers .....:paris: I forgot about that ho...

Who of you commented the review with

keep in mind that we’re doing all in our reaches to make your ratings not count towards Metacritic. You were very biased and that did upset a lot of people, I mean, A LOT OF PEOPLE, so deal with the consequences.

:bebe:

Does anyone find themselves revisiting UV because of the looseness/improv/live feel of COCC? Not that they are super similar, but they have a similar spirit and spring season vibe that makes me want to playlist them together on shuffle. :rock:

To me, COCC is like an older, stripped down, wiser and estranged cousin of UV’s sensibilities 

hey guys i can’t remember who on here wrote the long ass essay about yosemite but if any of you have it would you mind sending it to me? i would like to read it now that i’ve heard the song. thanks :)

giphy-downsized.gif

if i wasn’t so fucked up, i think i’d fuck you all the time 

1 minute ago, salvatoredreams said:

hey guys i can’t remember who on here wrote the long ass essay about yosemite but if any of you have it would you mind sending it to me? i would like to read it now that i’ve heard the song. thanks :)

That would be king @salvatore

i think it’s linked in his signature 

14 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Ann Powers .....:paris: I forgot about that ho...

I hope Powers stays out of it. She's a supreme egoist. She thinks that if Lana and all other women don't think exactly like her in all regards, as if they were nothing but defiant reflections of herself, they deserve a public scolding, as if Powers is God herself. Her review and criticism of NFR!--an album I largely didn't care for--was absurd. 

Powers' name has gone to her head. 

The Sputnik review isn't that bad, but I VERY much disagree in their sudden revelation that BTD spoke towards toxic masculinity in a contradictory self empowerment way. Stop with the revisionist history just because you're upset with her recent controversies, understandably. That is NOT what most people thought about Born to Die when it came out. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, White Dress said:

If that review counts for an average amount, it’s gonna bring the score down to an 82 :toofloppy: Im gonna jump that man

rolling stone better come through with 100 after praising the collabs. 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, White Dress said:

The way I just did this and will do it again through two other emails 

Doing God's work :pray2:

The comments on the review are getting better and better

CHANGE THE RATING PLS ILL GIVE U $500 RIGHT NOW

johnny check your flopped 35 followers twitter account, there’s around 400 angry replies on your tweets in the last hour, they’re threatening you as they should purrrr

Seems like Lana stans are just as angry/insecure as Taylor stans but substantially closer to illiteracy

And Twitter stans are raging :oprah2:

We should just ignore that review rather than draw attention to it! Let people have their angry, tasteless opinions! They are irrelevant, really, and let them remain that way. 

I low key want her to win a Grammy with this, but after the same time time I don't?

The album is great. For me It's her best since Honeymoon, but I feel that awarding this while they ignored her previous polemic records would be the same as rewarding her for being happy and making "political correct" music. 

More like a man controlling what a woman should feel, talk or do. If she doesn't talk about what society think that a woman should talk, her artwork is trashed. If she plays by the rules is praised.

I'm terrible at formulating my thoughts, sorry

Am I too crazy to think like that?