Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

4 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

They predicted 75-80k for nfr and it got 104k! But I still don’t think she will get 100k but if she gets around 75-85k that is great for her since she didn’t really promote it that much.

I agree it's pretty good! Katy Perry's album (huge pop star) debuted with 50.000k

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

1 minute ago, StillOnMyMind said:

What did I lose. Sputnik gave her a 3? Wtf is this. Do those rats count for MC? 

you mean 3/10 right? cause they gave her a 1.5/5

Also it does count for MC

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

2 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Hi! so i just downloaded the music into my pc with the code that came with my vinyl and a notice that "not all who wonder are lost" it's only called wanderlust! Captura-de-pantalla-2021-03-20-a-las-19-

meanwhile, on the CD the track is called "Not All Who Wonder Are Lost"

image.png

3 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

What did I lose. Sputnik gave her a 3? Wtf is this. Do those rats count for MC? 

Just wait for Rolling Stones‘ review :beyonce:

the billboard debut tweets are not bad! the pure sales is really impressive, considering how most music is consumed nowadays. Justin is gonna have around 2x the debut overall but less pure sales:gasp:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i got the target vinyl and the record shop by my house had the gold vinyl so i got that. now i'm waiting on my order of the grey and silver vinyls from Lana's site to ship still....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Hi! so i just downloaded the music into my pc with the code that came with my vinyl and a notice that "not all who wonder are lost" it's only called wanderlust! Captura-de-pantalla-2021-03-20-a-las-19-

Same thing for me! 

I opened them on Adobe Audition and I've noticed also that Dance Till We Die is called "Dance Til We Die (Louisiana Two Step)" 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I have been repeating Breaking Up Slowly; probably because it is the one I relate to the most ATM.

Dark But Just A Game is still a favorite, along with Chemtrails Over the Country Club, which is a song that I loved from the get-go (didn’t need a second listen to enjoy).

I’m still happy about getting a studio version of For Free, although it is a weird way to end the album. 

Edit: It’s been so long and I still cannot get into LMLYLAW.

source.gif

I wrote into Metacritic (and provided screenshots). :clapback:

[redacted for now lol]

-------

Sorry, I'm not really here for the bullshit this time around. :kiss3: 

If it were from a reputable source like Slant or AllMusic, then whatever. But not this site. Even if it gets counted, she'll still be in Universal Acclaim, so it's fine.

36 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't have idea! Crazy Days and Nights posted that she was having an affair with a Hillsong pastor around 2019 if I remember. 

What

No wonder she kept that one a secret if it's true, cos

Anyway I think the song is about Sean

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I hope y'all know opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Metacritic doesn't care :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I wrote into Metacritic (and provided screenshots). :clapback:

Hide contents

Hi Marc,

I'm a big fan of your site and appreciate its fair assessment of music releases by reputable resources.  It's always fun watching the reviews come in for new albums from my favorite artists.

I wanted to write to you because I'm concerned with the Sputnik Music review for Lana Del Rey's new album Chemtrails Over the Country Club.  After doing some research, it's clear that this is a troll review deliberately written to lower her score.  The writer of the review is also active on a site called RateYourMusic.com.  He gave 1 star ratings to her two most recent albums on March 16 (lower than his score on Sputnik, suspiciously inconsistent, and the Chemtrails album wasn't even released until the 19th of March), and a 2 star rating to one other album of hers two years ago. I've attached screenshots below for proof, and am happy to provide additional proof if needed.

If you feel the review is worthy of inclusion on her page, then I 100% respect that choice.  That said, this reviewer's intentions are glaringly obvious, and I do not want Sputnik Music to do a disservice to the integrity of what your site is intended to be used for.

I hope you're doing well - thank you for reading!
-------

Sorry, I'm not really here for the bullshit this time around. :kiss3: 

If it were from a reputable source like Slant or AllMusic, then whatever. But not this site. Even if it gets counted, she'll still be in Universal Acclaim, so it's fine.

Doing God's work. The receipts though! FBI WHO.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

What

No wonder she kept that one a secret if it's true, cos

Anyway I think the song is about Sean

Foxella kept a lot of CDAN erased posts and this is the Hillsong one: https://www.foxella.com/2-blinds-in-a-row-103/

"The A- list ingenue is hooking up with married pastor of her church.

Lana Del Rey

Hillsong Church"

If this is true, I would enjoy this song a lot more than it being about S*an

Not seeing enough DTWD stanning in here! It’s an amazing track, in my top 5 and definitely making its way close to top 3. Those gorgeous strings and horn parts in the chorus feel so luxurious and bright :poordat: and then that STOMPING OF A BRIDGE