Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

31 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Hi! so i just downloaded the music into my pc with the code that came with my vinyl and a notice that "not all who wonder are lost" it's only called wanderlust!Β Captura-de-pantalla-2021-03-20-a-las-19-

that's a really cool find thanks for sharing this!!! it makes me wanna add (Wanderlust) to my version on iTunes

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

14 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I wrote into Metacritic (and provided screenshots

Wish all the otherΒ were as polite as you. 99% of the emailsΒ will be β€žblock that hoeβ€œ or β€žyou should stay close to jesusβ€œ

:oopna:

12 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I hope y'all know opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Metacritic doesn't careΒ :oprah3:

Β 

We'll survive if the review gets included, like I said it'll still be 81+, but I'm just not here for obvious bullshit, lol - if I can spend 10 minutes trying to shut it down then whatevs

10 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Β 

Foxella kept a lot of CDAN erased posts and this is the Hillsong one:Β https://www.foxella.com/2-blinds-in-a-row-103/

Β 

"The A- list ingenue is hooking up with married pastor of her church.

Lana Del Rey

Hillsong Church"

Β 

If this is true, I would enjoy this song a lot more than it being about S*an

I think it's unlikely that the pastor would also be from Tulsa

Plus she was getting dragged for Sean and Churchome around the same time, so I'm sure that's where she got the title fromΒ because she reads here

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

11 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

that's a really cool find thanks for sharing this!!! it makes me wanna add (Wanderlust) to my version on iTunes

I actually prefer Wanderlust as a title; I wonder why she changed it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

13 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Not seeing enough DTWD stanning in here! It’s an amazing track, in my top 5 and definitely making its way close to top 3. Those gorgeous strings and horn parts in the chorus feel so luxurious and brightΒ :poordat:Β and then that STOMPING OF A BRIDGEΒ 

It’s my absolute favourite on the whole record! <3Β 

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

it looks like a WWII pic im crying i hate my country so much

:thumb3:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»γ€€β‹†Β·Λš ༘ *γ€€GIVE PEACE A CHANCE γ€€Λš ༘ β‹†ο½‘Λšγ€€γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»οΌŽ

Not sure if I’m gonna post my full thots on the album since so many have by now it’s like whatever but I just have to say this album makes me feel excitedΒ inspired for something I don’t even know whatΒ :’) but it’sΒ something I’ve been missing the past two albums and my god what a magical feeling it is I’m so glad to have it back ???Β 

UbsOye5.png

Ok, now I can say for sure that BUS is my favouriteΒ track along with Yosemite. And I went from not liking Nikki’s voice to actually finding it pretty good and emotive ?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Weyes Blood sounds a lot like Joni on For Free. HerΒ voice is fucking powerful and amazing, like damn!!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log LadyΒ [to Laura]: β€œWhen this kind of fire starts, it isΒ 
veryΒ hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I love the meow in TJF at 1:41Β 

Β 

β€œcan I come back to the ranch baby?” [meow]Β 

Β 

Niko making his markΒ :wub::flutter:

"Don’t forget me"

So after some play throughs of COCC I can def say this is Lana's folk album. The Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell influences are apparent throughout the album. Way more so than on NFR. My fave tracks so far are:

Β 

White Dress - Just a damn feel of a song

Tulsa Jesus Freak - Brings back my religious childhood memories and just shows off how amazing Lana is at writing melodies. She's the f'ing best.

Dark But Just A Game (probably my fave track) - I get the Portishead reference from the interview Lana did prior to COCCs release. I'm feeling the Trip-Hop influence on the verses with the almost stripped down, acoustic chorus; aΒ great juxtaposition for sure.

Breaking Up Slowly - I wish Nikki and Lana's versus were swapped tbh. This is the one song that I find stuck in my head the most, I'm humming it constantly.

Dance Till We Die - So this track is something else. When Lana breaks it down at 2:41 I get chills. I actually wish the whole song was like this part. There is just something about Lana getting gritty that just gets to me in my feels. I get Tori Amos, Boys for Pele, In The Springtime of His Voodoo vibes and I'm here for it

Β 

The other tracks are good for sure, but just don't have the same impact at the ones above for me so far. Maybe with time they will grow on me ??‍♂️  Β Honeymoon was the same way for me on my first play throughs. Certain tracks really stood out and others seemed like background tracks almost.

Β 

NFR is still that album for me. A perfect album from beginning to end. That album is going to be hard to ever top just because I hold it in the upper echelons of my musicology.Β 

OqqaAZJt.pngΒ Β Β Β  B4iWPK3.gifΒ Β Β Β  OqqaAZJt.png

26 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I actually prefer Wanderlust as a title; I wonder why she changed it

Catfishing Lord of the Rings fans to make more salesΒ :agree:

Β DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gifΒ SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Β 

Β 

cat in the background fucking everything upΒ :air2:

Β  Β  Β Β lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Β 

2 minutes ago, lamms said:

Catfishing Lord of the Rings fans to make more salesΒ :agree:

Tbh most LOTR fans seem to beΒ actively avoiding it at the momentΒ because she didn’t put β€œThose” in the title, so they all thinkΒ she β€œdoesn’tΒ know the realΒ quote” even though she uses the real quote in the actual lyricsΒ :toofloppy:Β 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

17 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Β 

Β 

bestie i don't hear it

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»γ€€β‹†Β·Λš ༘ *γ€€GIVE PEACE A CHANCE γ€€Λš ༘ β‹†ο½‘Λšγ€€γƒ»γ‚œγ‚œγƒ»οΌŽ

I don't really like the title Wanderlust, it's too Taylor-esque for me, Not All Who Wander Are Lost is better, besides... it still incorporates "Wander Lost" into the title.Β :P