Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

So far my top favs are (In no order) 

LMLYLAW, Yosemite, Wander, and title track.

What Im struggling with is getting that immersive story feeling, the songs feel a bit jumbled to me. I mainly wish they had bolder more obvious* atmosphere. Songs like DBJAG have a lot of changes that kinda throw me off. I also wish Yosemite had more backstory, a bit more elaboration. The whole TV static and cabin lyric feel random. But I really love what I AM getting from them. Yosemite, expecially. Its so foresty and enternal. I think they will grow, might just take some time.

Spoiler

waiting for the demos:wink:

This album is so interesting. People (outside of Lanaboards) seem to not like it as much as NFR, but...

In a lot of ways, I feel like COCC is actually better than NFR. The production, vocals, and lyrics are personally more pleasing to me. I also feel like these songs evoke more thought and feeling. With NFR, I was able to listen to the album once and understand all of it. The only thing I really prefer about NFR is that it's longer and has a more satisfying climax. Not to put that album down or anything, because there's plenty of great songwriting on there as well.

With COCC, I feel like there's so much more depth and emotion. The songwriting seems more personal too.

Just my rambling opinion.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

So Sputnik‘s review didnt count for Metacritic? Did our emails work or are they just not working on the weekend :oprah3:

They’re not gonna omit a review because stans didn’t like it ? they probably just don’t update on the weekend or smt

7 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

They’re not gonna omit a review because stans didn’t like it ? they probably just don’t update on the weekend or smt

I also think that they will include it. Happened with the very low score for NFR or Taylor Swifts last two records too. But it‘s an extremly unprofessional review and one of the staff member is really triggering 14-yo Lana stans in the comment section :awk:

14 minutes ago, bigspender said:

beautiful song but it’s the lack of effort for me 

Sssshhh little one, it‘s bedtime for you

:kiss:

super late cause I wanted to give cocc all my attention but

when I read that Wild At Heart was similar to HTD and LS, I DIDN'T THINK THAT HTD AND LS WOULD LITERALLY GIVE BIRTH TO WILD AT HEART :omg:

also rock candy sweet?

lights, camera, acción

Did anyone else notice that at the 3:10 minute mark in TJF, there is literally talking all on the outside of the track if that makes sense. Like after she says “if u don’t pray you’ll never learn” there’s talking all in the background but it’s soooo incorporated into the beat you don’t notice. I actually think the whole track has talking in the background. Or am I crazyy

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

5 minutes ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Did anyone else notice that at the 3:10 minute mark in TJF, there is literally talking all on the outside of the track if that makes sense. Like after she says “if u don’t pray you’ll never learn” there’s talking all in the background but it’s soooo incorporated into the beat you don’t notice. I actually think the whole track has talking in the background. Or am I crazyy

YESS

in between the lyrics of the outro in 3:10 she says 

If you don't pray you'll never learn

You know what I'm sayin'?  

I like living here

And her laugh at 2:11 :cryney2:

lights, camera, acción

6 hours ago, Kommander said:

Kinda upset I feel the last leg of the album loses a bit of steam and is not as inventive as the first songs, because the first half of the record is probably one of her best, everything is stellar and thematically coherent... Quirky and gorgeous

I wish she reworked the last 3 tracks. Breaking Up Slowly should have been replaced with another non-feature song imo. It's not that bad but it's kind of weird to listen to after Yosemite.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I don't think it's bitterness on my part (although I am bitter ...) that makes me think that not only should metacritic not count the Sputnik review of Chemtrails, but that the site overall should be disqualified in future from being considered a notable review site. Honestly, that review is bilge.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

COCC took the first place of my album ranking so violently, I listen to it everytime, songs are stuck in my head all day and I absolutely can't rank the songs cause I just adore them all. My new Honeymoon finally came and I'm so living for it. I'm in heaven right now :)

In France the radio "France Culture", that is known to be extremely serious and academic says LDR is becoming bigger than Joni Mitchell... I get the point. I really think she is as playful and talented as Joni. And COCC is something of a todays Joni.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

35 minutes ago, youngnwildx said:

YESS

I like living here

i was manifesting she said “i’m like leaving you” (to sean :hooker:)

Breaking Up Slowly blow me everytime, it's as intense as a hot black coffee, the textured guitars arrangements, the rough voice of NL sounds like Nicks', straight to the point lyrics, gosh I love it so much

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

37 minutes ago, youngnwildx said:

YESS

I like living here

You are correct but those are heard. There’s literally like a hidden layer of a conversation or something. U can hear it mostly in the right head phone. It’s like very muffled but she’s talking the entire time.

All I wanna do is get high by the beach