Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I'm still not able to rank this album :xcry:

Love all the songs so much :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 hours ago, longtimeman said:

I don't think it's bitterness on my part (although I am bitter ...) that makes me think that not only should metacritic not count the Sputnik review of Chemtrails, but that the site overall should be disqualified in future from being considered a notable review site. Honestly, that review is bilge.

What was the rating?

3 hours ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Did anyone else notice that at the 3:10 minute mark in TJF, there is literally talking all on the outside of the track if that makes sense. Like after she says “if u don’t pray you’ll never learn” there’s talking all in the background but it’s soooo incorporated into the beat you don’t notice. I actually think the whole track has talking in the background. Or am I crazyy

It's right that my ears are deceiving me, but I hear "Amen for you" in the background, sometimes. lol :hide:

So in Lanas first QFTC, where she said she'd be back to singing about whatever she wants, does anyone hear exactly what that is on this album? 

In that drama I had assumed that she wanted to sing about her emotions and experiences without people saying she was romanticising toxic situations, but I don't hear any of that in this album. Nothing controversial. It's better writing than NFR imo but I still don't see anything that people are gonna be mad at in her writing. 

Is it just because she's written more about the dark side of her fame?

22 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

So in Lanas first QFTC, where she said she'd be back to singing about whatever she wants, does anyone hear exactly what that is on this album? 

In that drama I had assumed that she wanted to sing about her emotions and experiences without people saying she was romanticising toxic situations, but I don't hear any of that in this album. Nothing controversial. It's better writing than NFR imo but I still don't see anything that people are gonna be mad at in her writing. 

Is it just because she's written more about the dark side of her fame?

I agree - I don't find any of it on this album, save for maybe the second verse of NAWWAL. I think it'll all be addressed (or, should I say, directly confronted) on Rock Candy Sweet. :godlaugh:

4 hours ago, youngnwildx said:

YESS

in between the lyrics of the outro in 3:10 she says 

If you don't pray you'll never learn

You know what I'm sayin'?  

I like living here

And her laugh at 2:11 :cryney2:

I love these parts so much , the laugh and  the sexy whispering give so much life to the song :air:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 hours ago, triangles19 said:

Breaking Up Slowly blow me everytime, it's as intense as a hot black coffee, the textured guitars arrangements, the rough voice of NL sounds like Nicks', straight to the point lyrics, gosh I love it so much

It is excellent. The feeling of the song, to me, is like when a thunderstorm is brewing on the horizon. The voices are so beautiful on it.

Listening to this album outside in the nature hits different :wowcry:

It fits so perfectly :xcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

It is excellent. The feeling of the song, to me, is like when a thunderstorm is brewing on the horizon. The voices are so beautiful on it.

You described it perfectly !!

And Dance Till We Die feels like the thunderstorm is over and the sun breaks  slowly through the clouds:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

ever since i changed the albums cover to neil’s, i’ve enjoyed it much more

i feel like an album cover reflects the music and neil’s suits the album better, the aesthetic is exactly how the album makes me feel

what I really love about white dress is the first verse. It has such a beautiful melody and such an original chord progression at the same time. I wish there were more original chord progressions and melodies on this album, because even the most beautiful songs, such as Yosemite, have pretty common chords :candy:

26 minutes ago, whiteroses said:

ever since i changed the albums cover to neil’s, i’ve enjoyed it much more

i feel like an album cover reflects the music and neil’s suits the album better, the aesthetic is exactly how the album makes me feel

Ikr! I reckon Neil's cover reflects the songs the best, especially Yosemite :)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I'm not in love with COCC (yet?), but I enjoy listening to it! It's so dreamy. A perfect LP to listen to as you fall asleep or relax. I'm not sure if it's a better album than NFR, but somehow it was much easier for me to listen to it from start to finish. I am not a fan of the last 3 songs, especially the Joni Mitchell cover. I find it unnecessary and I don't really wanna hear Zella Day on a LDR record. Not a fan of her voice, sorry.

WD, TJF and Yosemite are definite standouts. (By the way, how can you guys tell she's using autotune in TJF?)

NGL I cannot wait for her second book of poetry now, though I am also curious how LDR8 will sound! 

i am nothing and should be everything