Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I'm obsessed with this album and for me it really feels like the third installment of a trilogy... Ultraviolence / Honeymoon / Chemtrails. 

All mood pieces, very cohesive and seem to be authentic Lana. 

Favorite Lyrics from Each Song

White Dress: "Summer, summer's almost gone. We were talking about life, we were sitting outside til dawn. But I would still go back if I could do it all again, I thought. Because it made me feel, made me feel like a god."

Chemtrails Over the Country Club: "You're in the wind, I'm in the water. Nobody's son, nobody's daughter. Watching the chemtrails over the country club. Suburbia, Barbara Road Market. What to do next? Baby, what of it? White picket chemtrails over the country club."

Tulsa Jesus Freak"We should go back to Arkansas. Trade this body for that can of gin, like a little piece of heaven. No more candle in the wind."

Let Me Love You Like a Woman"I come from a small town, how bout you? I only mention it cuz I'm ready to leave L.A. and I want you to come. 80 miles north or south will do. I don't care where as long you're with me, and I'm with you."

Wild at Heart"Time after time, I think about leaving, but you know that I never do just cuz you keep me believing."

Dark but Just a Game"A pretty little fool to think exceptions to the rule just walk around like you and me, this way."

Not All Who Wander Are Lost"You talk to God like I do. I think you know the same secrets that I do."

Yosemite"I remember watching How Green Was My Valley. Then I was thinking "how deep was the canyon that you came from?" Television static was quite overwhelming. Was it because of the cabin and the candles in the wind?"

Breaking Up Slowly"I don't want to live with a life of regret. I don't wanna end up like Tammy Wynette."

Dance Till We Die"Clementine's not just a fruit. It's my daughter's chosen name."

For Free: I don't have a favorite lyric because I don't really like it :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

7 minutes ago, Brightsun said:

Someone on leaked.is is selling album instrumentals  i hope someone will buy them :party:

why would anyone buy them when theyre already circulating & gonna leak by August or so

image.png

20 minutes ago, bored said:

I'm obsessed with this album and for me it really feels like the third installment of a trilogy... Ultraviolence / Honeymoon / Chemtrails. 

All mood pieces, very cohesive and seem to be authentic Lana. 

yes, agree 100% she gave us nothing but masterpieces throughout these years and I'm SO proud of this project, I could never imagine how solid this album would be

it's just going to age like fine wine

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I was wrong, this album is amazing, I always say I hate the album then I love it after a week. But can’t wait for the new album :troll:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

10 hours ago, Anthony said:

Well, I called my father stan to get his opinion about Chemtrails - We usually listen to the albums together, but this time it was not possible because of the lockdown. He told me that Chemtrails is his favorite album beside Honeymoon and that the songs he liked the most are: Chemtrails, Let Me Love You Like a Woman, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dance Till We Die, Wild at Heart and For Free. He also said that he was very impressed with White Dress and Not All Who Wander Are Lost, with the way she sings, and that Tulsa Jesus Freak is so good that he wants to get a girlfriend to dance together - Since he's now single. ? I- :hide:

Nothing but TASTE:kiss:

The last sentence......Tulsa Jesus Freak's impact:blush:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

So it’s sold 34,000 in the UK already - more than all of her past albums first weeks there since ultraviolence in just 3 days 

why is it doing so well there???

The way I predicted this https://twitter.com/junieverse29/status/1373856401055956995?s=21 :hooker:

Chemtrails is about to become my favourite album of hers :lange: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The production on this album kind of reminds me of Violet, and I think while NFR and Violet have lyrical synergy, I would say Chemtrails and Violet have a bit of sonic synergy.

The instrumental of White Dress as it builds up reminds me a lot of the drums used on various Violet tracks, like What Happened When I Left You, and while it’s not part of Violet, I was especially reminded of Patent Leather Do-Over, which was also produced by Jack. 

The brief piano interlude between the first chorus and second verse of Dark But Just a Game really has a lot of colours musically and reminded me of Happy and the overall classic-feeling compositions on Violet. 

There’s this instrument that I can’t place - it’s probably some sort of keyboard synth - that almost sounds like a rainbow in a cartoon (LOL) that we hear in the background of Tulsa Jesus Freak and in the atmospheric intro of For Free. It is also used in Sportcruiser (you can especially hear it after she says “...wash over me like the foamy tops of the sea”).

I just think these similarities are really cool. There’s a lot of colour and atmosphere woven into this record in the same ways as Violet and I love both projects so much. They both contain this classic, timeless feeling while having these little quirks that give them so much personality!