Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

10 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Ben & Ed, get better security so leaks don't come out so early. :toofunny:

But I can see why nobody casual is really getting into it. Country/folk not being popular, Taylor did her version of it in 2020, doesn't capture the undercurrents of the times like LFL or NFR did.

yeah i feel bad, this album is looking like it came and went

regardless, dark but just a game, not all who wander, yosemite, and breaking up slowly is an IMMACULATE 4 song run

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

41 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Is COCC actually flopping on Spotify? I can understand it underperforming to NFR, but what about it relative to Spotify in general these days?

My spotify account didn't even notify me that COCC was released and instead decided to promote Justin and other artists.

Also let's remember that Doin' Time was moderate hit and a radio darling when NFR dropped, that definetly increased the momentum of NFR! 

Giving the zero promo I think she's doing fine, some artists would wish to get the Lana's numbers and chart positions on her 7th album with only relying on a few selfies and a cute caption as the whole album campaign

8nl2OpX.png

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

OMG I thought it was my Bluetooth headphones acting out in between songs! :rip: They better fix it

Same! I thought it was my bluetooth :toofunny: I noticed this happens with Grimes on her Visions album. Half a second at the end of Circumambient is the first half second of Vowels = space and time. 

I was never sure if it was a mistake or meant to be there to jump scare me. 

3 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

What’s the science behind these straight white male reviewers that hate Lana with a passion? I wonder what put them off initially because you can just tell they hate her from the get go.

I once heard from a college professor that some men tend to be afraid or hated of everything they cannot understand because, in their mentality,

it is these things that make them ignorant. Thinking that way, Lana scares them because she was always a mystery to them. ;) :oic3:

I think interscope is more occupied with their super profitable artists like Billie right now. With Lana they know she’ll always sell enough but I don’t think they care to fund a huge campaign behind an album. especially when she has no interest in making songs suitable for radio.

6 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I think interscope is more occupied with their super profitable artists like Billie right now. With Lana they know she’ll always sell enough but I don’t think they care to fund a huge campaign behind an album. especially when she has no interest in making songs suitable for radio.

I honestly don’t think the return would even be that good. NFR was about the smoothest most perfect rollout you can imagine with a moderate radio hit, insane critical hype and her actually doing tons of interviews and it only will end up doing 20k more probably. 

sure there could be more playlists but it’s not like if she goes on endless promo tours the album will do that much better. Fans will still buy it, maybe a few more people will stream it and that’s it. She will always do around 70-120k depending on the music and the reception critically

If there was some secret code to promote popstars music they would do it. But I mean Katy Perry sang songs from her albums on probably 500 tv shows last album and Lana will still probably out debut her by 20k or more :rip: 

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I honestly don’t think the return would even be that good. NFR was about the smoothest most perfect rollout you can imagine with a moderate radio hit, insane critical hype and her actually doing tons of interviews and it only will end up doing 20k more probably. 

sure there could be more playlists but it’s not like if she goes on endless promo tours the album will do that much better. Fans will still buy it, maybe a few more people will stream it and that’s it. She will always do around 70-120k depending on the music and the reception critically

If there was some secret code to promote popstars music they would do it. But I mean Katy Perry sang songs from her albums on probably 500 tv shows last album and Lana will still probably out debut her by 20k or more :rip: 

Yeah you’re right. I’m not really faulting interscope but I do think they could’ve worked on ads a little more. My sister’s a casual fan and follows her on IG and had no idea she released an album lmao. Anyways I think if she manages to do ~70k that’s not bad considering everything.

23 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I once heard from a college professor that some men tend to be afraid or hated of everything they cannot understand because, in their mentality,

it is these things that make them ignorant. Thinking that way, Lana scares them because she was always a mystery to them. ;) :oic3:

During my Qualitative Methods course in college, we had to choose a music video of an artist and explain to the class what we think the motive / meaning is behind it to the class so I chose Summertime Sadness and we played it on the projection in front of the whole class with the lights out.

Biggest mistake of my life. I was referred to the college counselor and was almost 51/50'ed because she was afraid I was suicidal not to mention the LOOKS straight men gave me in class. LOL.

pass me my vape.

I’ve been going on daily walks listenting to this album and whew... it’s getting better by the day. I said I didn’t like not all those who wander initially but it’s just such a feel good jam. I don’t really care for dance till we die, bus, and lmlylaw. Chemtrails title track i overplayed before the album came out. 

Just saw that the troll review from Sputnik Music was added to Metacritic... disgusting. I wonder if anything can be done, because it’s truly unfair and it’s obvious that the review doesn’t come from someone serious but from a hater

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, life is beautiful said:

During my Qualitative Methods course in college, we had to choose a music video of an artist and explain to the class what we think the motive / meaning is behind it to the class so I chose Summertime Sadness and we played it on the projection in front of the whole class with the lights out.

Biggest mistake of my life. I was referred to the college counselor and was almost 51/50'ed because she was afraid I was suicidal not to mention the LOOKS straight men gave me in class. LOL.

lol ?

I'm straight and Lana and her art never scared me, on the contrary, they have always been much more interesting to me exactly because I will never fully understand her. And I don't even intend to. The mystery attracts me. :hide: 

And I even understand the critics' fear of dealing with the unknown, but hatred is not justified. It seems that they tried to take she down at the beginning, failed and became hateful - Petridis seems to be one of them. Some men also have problems dealing with successful women. Let them die of hatred! ;)

7 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I always wonder what the first listen is like for Lana's parents, like do they listen to the album (Chemtrails Over the Country Club) together, or do they listen on their own - or in the car... im so intrigued. they must get chills.

Imagine Cola's first audition... :lel:

Her father seems to appreciate her work a lot. Her mother is a mystery. ?