Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

15 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Predicted to sell 70k in the US. Doing 1/4 in streaming of what Norman did. 

its pretty unfair to compare normies & chemtrials streams

nfr had 4 singles released, all of them wayyy before the record dropped, so of course its gonna do better in streams

image.png

13 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

its pretty unfair to compare normies & chemtrials streams

nfr had 4 singles released, all of them wayyy before the record dropped, so of course its gonna do better in streams

This isn’t counting prior streams. Norman did 74m first week spotify. Chem is gonna do 35-40m. 

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I definitely think 81 is a better score. NFR is significantly better to me. To me, NFR is absolutely no skips and pretty much a perfect album. Venice Bitch, Happiness is a Butterfly, and Bartender each, on their own, blow away anything on Chemtrails except maybe Tulsa Jesus Freak and Breaking Up Slowly for me. 

Even though I enjoy the melodies and harmonies, Not All Who Wander Are Lost is the most uninspired I've seen Lana in her lyrics. I also enjoy Wild at Heart, but the fact that she basically reused the production of How to Disappear also ruined it a bit for me.

Even though Chemtrails has grown on me, I'm having a really hard time connecting with it - which is a problem I've never had with any Lana album. Even Sirens, I connect more with, so it's not even like I can theorize that it might just be the stripped down production not doing it for me. I recognize objectively that COTCC is good, mature, and more refined then a good amount of her past work, but something about it just isn't clicking.

Lana's music has always felt custom made for me, but COTCC felt like when I listened to folklore and I was like "I can see why people like this, and I might like a bit of it, but this just isn't really my thing. Objectively, it's good, but it's not for me." I've NEVER felt that way about Lana's albums and it's lowkey driving me a bit mad that I feel this way about Chemtrails. :toofunny:

I really felt that part where you said that you're struggling with connecting with the album cus that's exactly what happens to me. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

Predicted to sell 70k in the US. Doing 1/4 in streaming of what Norman did. 

You can chill a bit. I feel like every time I read something negative on here I look and see your username. :toofunny:

In the meantime, I'll join in - The incels at Sputnik wrote another, yes *another*, 1.5 review for Chemtrails! They're officially obsessed.
https://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/83029/Lana-Del-Rey-Chemtrails-Over-The-Country-Club/

Luckily this one doesn't count toward Metacritic (even though they need to be removed entirely). But imagine being that bored.

3 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

I know what you mean. I like Chemtrails, but it's not my favorite album, and I don't think it's her best.

It's the tracks that ARE amazing that stand out tho. Do they make up for it? No, because in my opinion there's not enough.

I'm not sure where I'd rate Chemtrails with her other albums rn, but it's okay not to LOVE it, don't feel bad!!!

Honeymoon is still my fav album and always will be and it's from 2015. 

NFR is second though, I agree with the no skips part I just also feel that way about Honeymoon.

Honeymoon and NFR both hit home HARD for me :(((( I can't explain, but they're the only two albums that make me feel some type of way.

Still love her others obviously.

Honeymoon and Norman are my faves too??

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

26 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Honeymoon and Norman are my faves too??

HONEYMOON AND NORMAN SUPREMACY:fabcat:

(chemtrails might be my third fave of hers, idk im still sitting with it)

speaking of Norman, I wasn't on Lanaboards when that one came out.

Could someone tell me whether Chemtrails has been received better by the fans than NFR! or worse or about the same? I know both albums have critical praise but I'm interested in the fan reception. 

fantano review out

Spoiler

he gave it a pretty decent score - with how much he loved NFR I think the 7 was well deserved 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

On 3/21/2021 at 1:48 PM, littleredpartydress said:

Wild at heart best road trip song of all time methinks 

NATWWAL would like to see you out back

28 minutes ago, cherryrockwell said:

speaking of Norman, I wasn't on Lanaboards when that one came out.

Could someone tell me whether Chemtrails has been received better by the fans than NFR! or worse or about the same? I know both albums have critical praise but I'm interested in the fan reception. 

i think OFF lanaboards the fan reception was extremely positive for NFR, on lanaboards less so i'm pretty sure. idk about chemtrails but i think ?? the fan reception off of lb is slightly less positive than it was for NFR

but i'm not the best source i don't go on twitter or anything a lot so i'm not sure :air:

sUcVobB.png

24 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

fantano review out

Reveal hidden contents

he gave it a pretty decent score - with how much he loved NFR I think the 7 was well deserved 

Spoiler

im sad he didn't love yosemite as much as i did tho or tjf. i was hoping for an 8 but ill settle for decent 7 ig

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500