Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

13 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Are there any other publications we are expecting to post reviews & have it count towards Metacritic?

Only ones I can think of are Uncut (print only, so we won't see it for maybe a month), No Ripcord, or MusicOMH. 

I'm here just to say that I'm crying in my bed cuz I love Lana so much and I'm so thankful for the last 9 years I spent with her beautiful music :krylie: 

9 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

Only ones I can think of are Uncut (print only, so we won't see it for maybe a month), No Ripcord, or MusicOMH. 

If she dips out of the 80’s, I would be sad; there should be other publications added into the aggregate. But again, she seems to have moved on and had always thought this wasn’t 100%. 

6 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

does anyone else hear Lana say " I'm like leaving him" in the background of Tulsa Jesus Freak? like as if she recorded herself talking to her friend? Like maybe Zella Day... weren't they both in Tulsa around the same time... I-

omggg i literally hear the same thing i thought this i just didn’t know if it would even be true omgggg 

56 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I think a 7 is fair. I’m glad he has become slightly more objective and open to her music as time has went on

I agree, even though I don't agree with the grade as such, or some of his criticisms, at least there weren't any moronic or unfair comments like on his UV review. Of course, I've avoided the comments for the video, because he's built his brand by building up a fanbase of dumbasses, and his comment sections are regularly awful, misogynistic, racist etc.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

im going to kill that freakish man youtuber how dare he

16 hours ago, SolveEtCoagula said:

Has anyone redeemed their digital copies that came with the vinyls? Because I haven't seen anyone talking about it like in other people's releases and it could be beneficial for Lana's final sales

I didn’t get any download card with any of mine and I got target, all 3 picture discs and the indie yellow 

Breaking up slowly is a hard thing to do,

I love you only, but it's making me blue...

:trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

COCC is a nice work and it's very sophisticated and simple, but I think Lana did it a little bit more for the critics and not for us as fans. We all know critics love folky music in the voices of great pop singers as Lana (even Taylor).

It was about time for Lana to go into this country-folky music world, cause it's such a strong genre in the US and in the old americana world Lana love to live.

For me, the album has some great songs, but I just can't go with it... So I went back in Spotify to Ultraviolence, NFR, Honeymoon, Lust for life and Born to die (in that order).

I really felt bad cause I really loved every single thing Lana has delivered before (there are only 2-3 songs I don't like: Love, Bartender or The other woman) but I think it's time for me to stop feeling this way. If I don't like, then I don't like.

I just went to Rick Nowels Instagram and saw all the songs he wrote with Lana, Marina and Madonna... My favorite songs ever from these artist, so I wish Lana can bring back a little bit of Rick (not that I dislike Jack, cause he is so talented), but her last albums with Lana (COCC) and with Taylor (Evermore and Folklore) are just "ok".

FInally, what really bothers me, it's I loveeee Zella Day and my dream was a collab with her and Lana, bur For Free es boring AF. I hope "Rock Candy Sweet" give us that!!! Rock!! Candy! Lolita bitchy music with a great story behind.

I miss the Parental Advisory content hahahaha.... Love you, guys! Hoping for June 1

6 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Lana's music has always felt custom made for me, but COTCC felt like when I listened to folklore and I was like "I can see why people like this, and I might like a bit of it, but this just isn't really my thing. Objectively, it's good, but it's not for me." I've NEVER felt that way about Lana's albums and it's lowkey driving me a bit mad that I feel this way about Chemtrails.

OMG!!! I feel the same thing. It's been really hard for me to conect with Chemtrails... I thought I was the only one, but by now I feel like a lot of fans lie about how they like Chemtrails, when the lyrics are so simple and no meaning at all hahaha

The verses on Wild at Heart make me sad we will probably never see Stupid for being so happy and hey blue baby on record, that song (particularly the verses) really remind me of those two. They have such an infectious sweetness to them. 

I'm quite a few listens into COCC and I don't think its as good as NFR. 

I think it needed 3-4 more songs that were BIG: (Ie The Greatest, TNBAR, Venice Bitch). For Free is lovely but I think it would have been better solo with Lana's beautiful vocal runs. It also ends so abruptly. There are fewer 'interesting' production moments on COCC, Ie The outro of Cinnamon Girl, instrumental bridge of How to Disappear. 

For me at the moment I am skipping: 

- Let Me Love You Like A Woman 

- Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

- Dance Till We Die 

I think my album ranking = 

NFR>HM>COCC>UV>BTD/P>LFL

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day