Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I really was disappointed with this album on first listen, but now I can’t stop listening to it. I find myself really enjoying just zoning out and singing along to it. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

Gosh I feel like this album should've gotten 4 more months for mixing

For Free instrumental is so gorgeous but we can barely hear the subtle touches with her voice over it - it's still great but ya now

How are you listening to it—what system are you using? And what format—MP3, CD, vinyl, 16 bit FLAC file? To my ears, the production (in full resolution) is absolutely incredible. I am absolutely loving the vinyl and the high-res digital version. Both sound amazing in different ways. Every single track fascinates me. I've invested quite a lot of money in my hi-fi system over the years. Mainly to get as close as possible to the artists (and producers) true vision.

Lol my friend and I were driving around yesterday just cruising and smoking and we created this RIDICULOUS idea for our version of the chemtrails video haha... so it would start with us riding around in a red convertible, just having a good time. Then we start hitting the bong and it zooms into the bong and there’s a tornado inside it like made out of the water, and we’re inside the bong in the tornado in the car but we’re wolves. And then it zooms into the tornado and does a transition to bong smoke coming out of the top and going into the sky and forming chemtrails hahaha that’s all we got to :oic2: we were laughing too hard to think about the next part lol. I love this album 

18 minutes ago, Dyl said:

Lol my friend and I were driving around yesterday just cruising and smoking and we created this RIDICULOUS idea for our version of the chemtrails video haha... so it would start with us riding around in a red convertible, just having a good time. Then we start hitting the bong and it zooms into the bong and there’s a tornado inside it like made out of the water, and we’re inside the bong in the tornado in the car but we’re wolves. And then it zooms into the tornado and does a transition to bong smoke coming out of the top and going into the sky and forming chemtrails hahaha that’s all we got to :oic2: we were laughing to hard to think about the next part lol. I love this album 

I get sad every time that I listen to COCC. I listened today after not doing it for a week and it felt even sadder. The whole album seems like a farewell. Thinking that she might give up singing in the future crushes my heart and takes any pleasure that I could have with her music

So after listening to the album for the past week I have to say that it’s as good as her other albums, I personally can’t even rank them, I love them all in different ways…

My fave song is Yosemite, wow what a stunning track, love the cinematic, epic, witchy production… and lana sounds amazing on it. It’s the Heroin of COCC. The bridge gives me goosebumps, it’s so dreamy, I love when she inserts spoken word like this, Burnt Norton, 13 Beaches…

My other top song is White Dress… it’s so catchy! i adore her raw, imperfect vocals on this, giving me almost Janis Joplin vibes in the chorus. the production is really interesting, cinematic and intricate. It’s great that she’s experimenting with her voice, using both her higher and lower register throughout the album…

I also love the title track, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Wild At Heart, Dark But Just A Game, Not All Who Wander Are Lost

At first I was a little disappointed by the three closing tracks, they seemed weak in comparison to the closers on LFL and NFR, but I’m coming around to them, they really fit the vibe of this album… Breaking Up Slowly is too short though… Dance Till We Die is kinda different for lana, she sounds like a true rock chick in the bridge! :rock:

14 minutes ago, cumtrail said:

y'all need to stop sleeping on for free

:agree2: For free is one of her best collaborations imo. All three of them suit each other so well. I wish they would all do an original song next instead of a cover :ma:

10 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

:agree2: For free is one of her best collaborations imo. All three of them suit each other so well. I wish they would all do an original song next instead of a cover :ma:

the contrast between zella, weyes and lana's voices was everything

Just now, new gods said:

for free needs to stop putting me to sleep

its putting you to sleep bc its relaxing and beautiful, wbk