Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

13 hours ago, cumtrail said:

y'all need to stop sleeping on for free

I think it's brilliant.  Not just the way the voices complement each other but the song itself. Lana chose to  do this song.  She sings the most personal part. She gets it in a way we can only imagine.  

1 minute ago, FredRed said:

I think it's brilliant.  Not just the way the voices complement each other but the song itself. Lana chose to  do this song.  She sings the most personal part. She gets it in a way we can only imagine.  

For Flop is my least favourite LDR song. HAB is better

Mmeow~

17 hours ago, krockroc said:

How are you listening to it—what system are you using? And what format—MP3, CD, vinyl, 16 bit FLAC file? To my ears, the production (in full resolution) is absolutely incredible. I am absolutely loving the vinyl and the high-res digital version. Both sound amazing in different ways. Every single track fascinates me. I've invested quite a lot of money in my hi-fi system over the years. Mainly to get as close as possible to the artists (and producers) true vision.

Spotify :rip:

Now that I think about it I should probably give FLAC rips a proper listen!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

1 hour ago, FredRed said:

When she says "now me, I play for fortunes" I know she felt that. I love they chose that one particular song too, I think it's very fitting for Lana's idiosyncrasy.

I think I'm finally able to do a ranking:

Yosemite

White Dress 

Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

Dance Till We Die 

Tulsa Jesus Freak 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

Dark But Just A Game 

Wild At Heart 

Breaking Up Slowly 

Let Me Love You Like A Woman 

For Free 

I love all of them though and I feel bad to put some on the bottom. Such a good album :wub:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Thoughts:

This is a mood album like Honeymoon. It’ll be seen as another hidden gem in her discography.

LMLYLAW needed better vocals and production.

The “it wasn’t quite what I meaned” line irks me idk why. Still like the song.

Breaking Up Slowly is a good song but doesn’t feel like a Lana song

Tulsa Jesus Freak was a let down

I wonder if Lana’s interpretation of For Free differs from Joni’s in any way and if featuring other voices was purely a stylistic choice. 

Lana singing the second verse (“velvet curtain calls”, “black limousine”) is the opposite of who she was in “White Dress” :wowcry:

I adore this album. I don’t think it’s better than NFR but it’s still v good and just makes sense in her discography and I’m happy she’s released it. Can’t wait for her next move.

I’m glad we got Yosemite in the end but I feel like Dealer would’ve made much more sense in its place.

I feel like it would’ve added a bit more edge to the album and meshed better with the grittiness of BUS. Yosemite by contrast is a bit ‘too pretty’ for me and sounds out of place.

Also For Free being a closer is a choice but that abrupt ending with a nonexistent outro even moreso :flop:

5 hours ago, kitschesque said:

Spotify :rip:

Now that I think about it I should probably give FLAC rips a proper listen!

Yes, with the best system possible. All of her albums sound incredible in high resolution with the right system. I've spent £10k on mine :facepalm: and I dont consider myself an audiophile. I feel bad as there's so much more to discover in the high-res format. And vinyl offers a different but equally exceptional experience. Wish I could let you listen to it on my system :)

2 hours ago, krockroc said:

Yes, with the best system possible. All of her albums sound incredible in high resolution with the right system. I've spent £10k on mine :facepalm: and I dont consider myself an audiophile. I feel bad as there's so much more to discover in the high-res format. And vinyl offers a different but equally exceptional experience. Wish I could let you listen to it on my system :)

Currently playing White Dress in FLAC and...

:legend:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif