Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I’ve decided I want a 4 part video (I’m a dreamer I dream a lot) for Wild at Heart —> TJF —> DBJAG —> Yosemite 

Wild at heart starts with a different version of Lana (from a past life but it’s not made too obvious that it’s in the past, but obviously no phones or flat screen TVs shown, and classic cars only etc., so basically it’s implied.) just living life and being wild at heart with a bf and her friends and there’s some small story with really cute shots. But then, her being wild gets her in trouble and she’s sorta on the run for TJF. It ends with the longer “white hot forever” refrain showing her burning at the stake (implying she might’ve been a witch of course) and dying. At the end she is shown as being reborn into her current life, and she’s now that same spirit but modern day and famous and the DBJAG portion is her struggling with the fame. Then she runs away to Yosemite, where she finds peace there because regardless of how crazy her life is Yosemite will always be there for her. Unchanged and beautiful and comforting. With gorgeous shots of nature and her in it thriving again, making her past life self proud. 

I was bored as you can see but let me manifest. 

24 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I’ve decided I want a 4 part video (I’m a dreamer I dream a lot) for Wild at Heart —> TJF —> DBJAG —> Yosemite 

Wild at heart starts with a different version of Lana (from a past life but it’s not made too obvious that it’s in the past, but obviously no phones or flat screen TVs shown, and classic cars only etc., so basically it’s implied.) just living life and being wild at heart with a bf and her friends and there’s some small story with really cute shots. But then, her being wild gets her in trouble and she’s sorta on the run for TJF. It ends with the longer “white hot forever” refrain showing her burning at the stake (implying she might’ve been a witch of course) and dying. At the end she is shown as being reborn into her current life, and she’s now that same spirit but modern day and famous and the DBJAG portion is her struggling with the fame. Then she runs away to Yosemite, where she finds peace there because regardless of how crazy her life is Yosemite will always be there for her. Unchanged and beautiful and comforting. With gorgeous shots of nature and her in it thriving again, making her past life self proud. 

I was bored as you can see but let me manifest. 

Holy Mother! The way that I want this to gain life now...

I feel like Let Me Love You Like a Woman and Not All Who Wander Are Lost are the Midwestern heart of the record, in that they feel very hazy, warm, and “on-the-road” - even if they’re the “starker” songs on the record, they are definitely essential. They capture the mood of what this album strives to be perfectly. 

What I love about this record (and all of Lana’s albums) is that every song compliments each other perfectly and there’s so much more of an interconnectedness than ever before. And every song is just so beautiful! <3

i played the album for my five year old nephew today while babysitting and his favorite was tulsa jesus freak, glad to know i have some taste in my family tree :hair: yosemite is still my favorite though 

imageproxy.jpg

51 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Is it true she sold over 30k vinyls in the US first week and is the biggest selling vinyl this century?? Slay queen.

Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the 8 million vinyl variants they made in hopes that people would want to “collect them all” 

UbsOye5.png

Hi this album's perfect. Not All Who Wander, Dark But Just a Game, Wild at Heart the Holy trinity. Midalbum set of masterpieces. Period. DBJAG a successor and sister of The Greatest; "the best ones lost their minds" is a lyric delivered with a knowing that she too, damn right, is one of the best. Not all who Wander, one of her most stunningly beautiful performances-a true princess of nature and the souls lost in its vastness. Wild at Heart is just a classic, another to stand shoulder to shoulder with her best and most accessible songs.Yosemite widens its massive canyons of emotions with each listen. White Dress has a buildup so sincere with a murderously beautiful melody, that it stands separate from almost all of her previous songs. The title track is so deeply ingrained into me by now that its true comfort, a song of shimmering doom and ennui. BUS hurts when you need it to, and that's all I ask of it. Dance Till We Die flips the switch so hard it causes the ground to shudder. A hippy swoon that breaks down into her boldest, most fun, and successful vocal performances. LMLYLAW is loving and truly vibes like a stoner in bliss, and also-she was first. And For Free. It's perfect. She has found her fellow Ladies of The Canyon, and they're beautiful, all three.

Lana Del Rey's best album [end exhaustive rant]

19 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Hi this album's perfect. Not All Who Wander, Dark But Just a Game, Wild at Heart the Holy trinity. Midalbum set of masterpieces. Period. DBJAG a successor and sister of The Greatest; "the best ones lost their minds" is a lyric delivered with a knowing that she too, damn right, is one of the best. Not all who Wander, one of her most stunningly beautiful performances-a true princess of nature and the souls lost in its vastness. Wild at Heart is just a classic, another to stand shoulder to shoulder with her best and most accessible songs.Yosemite widens its massive canyons of emotions with each listen. White Dress has a buildup so sincere with a murderously beautiful melody, that it stands separate from almost all of her previous songs. The title track is so deeply ingrained into me by now that its true comfort, a song of shimmering doom and ennui. BUS hurts when you need it to, and that's all I ask of it. Dance Till We Die flips the switch so hard it causes the ground to shudder. A hippy swoon that breaks down into her boldest, most fun, and successful vocal performances. LMLYLAW is loving and truly vibes like a stoner in bliss, and also-she was first. And For Free. It's perfect. She has found her fellow Ladies of The Canyon, and they're beautiful, all three.

Lana Del Rey's best album [end exhaustive rant]

:heart:

57 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

"the best ones lost their minds" is a lyric delivered with a knowing that she too, damn right, is one of the best

We stan a self-aware queen:nails:

21 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:

This album needed a Bad Karma cover instead of a Flop Free cover. I'm imagining harmonized moaning. Miley has Dead Petz, she could've shown our girl Lana how to truly be STRANGE and WILD and live up to the album title!

For Free fits perfectly c'mon

Capture.jpg

am i the only one that doesn't really care for yosemite? dance till we die + yosemite are my least faves off the album :judgingu3:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

1 hour ago, Aphrodite said:

DCMA has been kicked away! :gurl:

image.jpg

tenor.gif

We did it Joe !!! 

Bye Bye Don't Flop Me Angel :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: