Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Not All Who Wander is so beautiful.. definitely my favorite :krylie:

anyone have a good cover for Chemtrails where she’s in the red car?? Not with her hand covering her face tho. Or like any really good alternate album covers y’all have been using?? 

14417469274.gif

White Dress is so ridiculous (in a good way), it completely overshadows the rest of the album. I still can't believe she managed to pack Sun Ra, The White Stripes, Kings of Leon references, and the "down at the men in music business conference" line into one song. 

Only tangentially related to Dance Til We Die but Joan Baez’s granddaughter’s TikTok showed up on my feed and she tells the back story of how Joan Baez sang with Lana at the Berkeley show. 

Turns out Joan didn’t really know Lana and they only like met the day before. I thought they knew each other before NFR came out 

7 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Only tangentially related to Dance Til We Die but Joan Baez’s granddaughter’s TikTok showed up on my feed and she tells the back story of how Joan Baez sang with Lana at the Berkeley show. 

Turns out Joan didn’t really know Lana and they only like met the day before. I thought they knew each other before NFR came out 

What’s funny about that is that Lana actually met Joan at her show in November 2016 and they posed together for a photo that Lana posted (which can be seen here). I guess Joan didn’t realize how famous of a fan Lana was back then! :rip:

lmylaw has grown on me so much. I love the diamonds, baby, poems, pink champagne lyrics, so classic. and her using her strong voice>>> 

all those people who said we will love lmylaw so much more in the context of the album yeah u were so right  

btw, this thread is missing from the  'post-release threads' section, but maybe that's intentional cuz its the newest?

6 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

we were all so happy that day

I cried tears of joy the day of release :cryney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I came back here to praise this album again:

So I’ve been playing Cocc every day for hours while I’ve been in quarantine. I love this album so much with all my heart. It’s my favourite album of all time. (I said what I said). I adore the production by Jack and oh my god Lana’s vocals - she has never sounded this good! The songs are excellent lyrically. Also I love Zella & Weyes and them singing on this album is really overwhelming because I didn’t know that they are friends with Lana. The only song I removed from the playlist that I’m listening is LMLYLAW because I’m not vibing it at all, I really have tried a lot to like it but no, the song doesn’t work. I feel like the album is better without it. 
The best song is Dark but just a Game. It’s possibly my favourite song from Lana as well. All the rest of the songs are 10/10 as well, although some took a bit of time to really understand. 
But seriously... Wow. She really created something magical with this album. I love Lana Del Rey even more now.

Girlies, does anyone have the alternate Target cover of COTCC in UHQ? I'm trying to draw it so i can handpaint on a tshirt but the pictures i find over the internet are SO BLURRY... I can't make sense of the details on her :(((

f574916a36a0aff1d77190108278928c4a95d12c

After sitting with the record for 2 weeks (!!), I can confidently say I fucking adore it and it will go down as one of her best and most cohesive works. While I'm so excited for RCS/the next project, the time in between will be savored for sure. Chemtrails is just so special :wub:

Favorites this week have been Yosemite, Breaking Up Slowly, DBJAG, and Dance Till We Die :,)

1 hour ago, Jujuba said:

Girlies, does anyone have the alternate Target cover of COTCC in UHQ? I'm trying to draw it so i can handpaint on a tshirt but the pictures i find over the internet are SO BLURRY... I can't make sense of the details on her :(((

f574916a36a0aff1d77190108278928c4a95d12c

LDR+-+Chemtrails.jpg?format=750w

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7