Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

The fact that this album isn’t getting its due on streaming + Spotify’s major bugs (it keeps crashing on me on mobile when and only when I put COCC on shuffle it seems) make me more peeved than it should 

Also Lana isn’t really doing any promo for this era so I interpreted it as “new era, new sound” but she’s still leaning into country :deadbanana:

Wild at Heart best song of all time? YUP YUP

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Chemtrails Over the Country Club in vines:

White Dress:

Tulsa Jesus Freak:

Breaking Up Slowly:

thank u xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

No clue why, but for some reason when lana first mentioned LMLYLAW in 2019 i thought it would be a really jazzy song with a melody like the other woman (the unreleased one). like, “let me love you like a woman, like a woman, like a woman” with super jazzy brass instruments and bass in the background, the instrumental being all in all similar to heavy hitter. that’s probably why it took so long to grow on me, but i actually listen to it quite a bit now 

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, donniedelrey said:

Has anybody rearranged the tracklist or added/taken out any songs?

It would be weird to rearrange the tracklist order since every track flows perfectly into the other... This is her most cohesive album after Honeymoon:legend:

12 minutes ago, donniedelrey said:

I thought the track order was a little weird, so I've rearranged it and have been enjoying the different order in a playlist, though I didn't add or remove any songs as I like to retain the integrity of the album:

On 3/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, Elle said:

Something I will say about this album though is that the track order seems so weird to me. Songs like “Wild at Heart” & “Dark but Just a Game” seem like such obvious closing tracks, so it’s super odd and comes off as out of place to me that they’re both right in the middle. Also, the actual closer “For Free” seems much more like mid-track, like a little interlude. White Dress also just doesn’t seem like a proper opener either. As beautiful as it is, I just feel like it doesn’t set the tone of the album either thematically or sonically. I know it’s one of the more unpopular songs, but out of all the songs on the album, “Let Me Love You Like a Woman” strikes me as the most “opener”-esque. I think that thought is really because of how the song both begins and ends. The ending is so abrupt, that it’s almost like a pre-lude to the story she’s about to tell. Especially if it were to be followed by Chemtrails, I feel like those songs would be really nice back-to-back together to start the album. & that opening line from LMLYLAW, “I come from a small town, how ‘bout you?” really is so fitting for the album and would’ve been a great way to open it.  I reordered the album to what makes more sense to me and have been listening to it in a playlist & have really been enjoying this order, but I'm still experimenting with it:

1. Let Me Love You Like a Woman
  2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  3. Tulsa Jesus Freak
  4. White Dress
  5. For Free
  6. Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  7. Dance Till We Die
  8. Breaking Up Slowly
  9. Yosemite
  10. Dark But Just a Game
  11. Wild at Heart

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Still love this album a lot , it's so beautiful :flutter::wub:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I don’t know if anyone else noticed but remember when haley bonar posted a story and tagged lana making a featuring on her song “eat for free”? maybe it’s in this country project :smile:

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

1 hour ago, donniedelrey said:

I’d never touch white dress as opening and for free as the closure because I think it’s a perfect cycle, she start singing about when she was just a girl trying to pursue her dreams and fame and the album ends with a perspective of a person that it’s actually famous looking around other people who are trying to make their way to the fame in for free. Its soooo perfect it feels like she’s looking back again at white dress. Btw tulsa between let me love you and chemtrails seems a little bit off 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

I agree this album is pretty solid. Hallucinogenics kind of works somewhere near the end of the album too, if you just cant get enough of the early morning sun energy exuded throughout the lot of the album. Definitely prefer this to Norman Tin Can.

Ive no idea how theyve isolated her vocals so well, but theres a really cute (but rough) solo edit of Hallucinogenics here https://dbree.org/v/7b9ced

also this is the first album since Honeymoon i havent felt the need to rearrange, its just sooo uniform.

14 hours ago, donniedelrey said:

i almost always listen the album in this order: 

1. let me love you like a woman

2. chemtrails over the country club

3. tulsa jesus freak

4. wild at heart

5. not all who wander are lost

6. dark but just a game

7. breaking up slowly

8. white dress

9. yosemite

10. dance till we die

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

13 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

I’d never touch white dress as opening and for free as the closure because I think it’s a perfect cycle, she start singing about when she was just a girl trying to pursue her dreams and fame and the album ends with a perspective of a person that it’s actually famous looking around other people who are trying to make their way to the fame in for free. Its soooo perfect it feels like she’s looking back again at white dress. Btw tulsa between let me love you and chemtrails seems a little bit off 

Excellent observation about the opener and closer.