Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

20 hours ago, Turtledove said:

I really like how its not like anything she has done before. These have been her most recognizable "summer" songs to me and Ive really enjoyed them. Sure, its fun to

listen to honeymoon or BTD/UV but they are more of a fantasy. This feels real and cozy. Visiting national parks, staying in cabins, small towns. I guess it just feels

more familiar to me than NY or LA (I live in Wa state). I feel like this album understands I just wanna have a good time :party:

Exactly. I love the 'sad' LDR of 'Old Money,' '13 Beaches,' et al, but I'm very pleased with this more thoughtful, upbeat and confident iteration of LDR. She sounds mature, level-headed, happy, almost content. I think this is the closest to the genuine Elizabeth Grant that we've heard in some years. 

29 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Are we getting the homemade TJF MV that she talked about?

COCC era can't be over so fast

I really hope there's a video for TJF....

But the era seems to over indeed

I had my hopes up when she performed LMLYLAW twice and released a great video for COCC but now...

It’s funnier to think, that Lana drove away with the guy from Big Bad Wolf

Oh, be still my heart, escaping in your cherry red car

and pulled a Kinda Outta Luck on him. All because she loved his red car so much. And the shadows lurking beneath the beautiful surface is her past catching up to her

Drag racing my little red sports car
I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild

:creepna2:

Listening to the whole album religiously at least once every day. It’s that good

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Hmmm I don’t know why but I think I prefer Norman over this album. :ohno: I remember thinking that it felt to me like we got a peek inside Lana’s diary with Norman, but she’s more personal on this album, and Chemtrails is more cohesive so I don’t know why I don’t like it more. Take away BAR (and doin’ time) and Norman is perfect, but this album kinda is perfect sonically. Yet, I still prefer Norman. It doesn’t really make sense. :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

32 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Hmmm I don’t know why but I think I prefer Norman over this album. :ohno: I remember thinking that it felt to me like we got a peek inside Lana’s diary with Norman, but she’s more personal on this album, and Chemtrails is more cohesive so I don’t know why I don’t like it more. Take away BAR (and doin’ time) and Norman is perfect, but this album kinda is perfect sonically. Yet, I still prefer Norman. It doesn’t really make sense. :/

Imo Normie is superior. I already kinda forgot about COCC. :toofloppy: 

giphy.gif

Idk I love this album so much more than Norman and it's so beautiful and idk the nature vibes that I get from Chemtrails is something that I didn't know I needed from her but I needed it ... love it so much:wub:

It feels like walking around in the nature,  through beautiful landscapes, magical forests , seeing waterfalls & castle ruins, watching the clouds & chemtrails in the sky,  sitting at a bonfire at night , reflecting  & contemplating about your life :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Anyone else think that Tusla Jesus freak could've turned into a 10 minute Venice Bitch psychedelic song? 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

The title track surpassed Yosemite in my ranking. The only thing that spoils the experience is the long repetitive instrumental at the end. I wish she had added the vocals from the MV or cut a few seconds

DOWN AT THE MEN IN MUSIC BUSINESS CONFRENCE

I FELT FREE CAUSE I WAS ONLY 19

Tanisha Crying GIFs | Tenor

34 minutes ago, LanaBoi said:

Anyone else think that Tusla Jesus freak could've turned into a 10 minute Venice Bitch psychedelic song? 

Probably would've made the song a bit more interesting imo

I FELT FREE CAUSE I WAS ONLY NINETEEN

SUCH A SCENE

THE WAY DEL GOD FLAWLESS EXECUTES THE "DOWN IN THE MEN IN MUSIC BUSINESS CONFRENCE" LINE IS ORGASMIC HOW LEGANDARIC OF HER

32 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

The title track surpassed Yosemite in my ranking. The only thing that spoils the experience is the long repetitive instrumental at the end. I wish she had added the vocals from the MV or cut a few seconds

I added the MV vocals to my iTunes version so every time I play the vinyl or the CD it annoys me its not there ?

4 minutes ago, MidnightAnswer said:

Probably would've made the song a bit more interesting imo

I think its a really interesting song but I just thought it had the ability to go places 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

3 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

I feel the same.

Even though I want to love COCC more than Norman but it’s just not happening.

Its going to be almost two years since Norman but I still feel happier to listen to it than while listening to COCC.

3 hours ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Idk I love this album so much more than Norman and it's so beautiful and idk the nature vibes that I get from Chemtrails is something that I didn't know I needed from her but I needed it ... love it so much:wub:

It feels like walking around in the nature,  through beautiful landscapes, magical forests , seeing waterfalls & castle ruins, watching the clouds & chemtrails in the sky,  sitting at a bonfire at night , reflecting  & contemplating about your life :flutter:

I feel exactly the same way. It's Spring here in the Northeast, and the magnolias, tulips and cherry blossoms are all blooming, and COCC goes perfectly with the landscape, and the still-cool but warmer air...NFR! is my least-favorite LDR album so COCC is like an antidote to me, and I've regained my faith in her. And now Blue Banisters....

Anyone else stream Chemtrails for a couple days and then never return to it?  I really wanna like Lana's new stuff... but something fundamental has changed with her since Lust for Life.  Maybe it's all Jack?  Hard to know.  I respect that artists need to change and grow, but this shift is such a bummer for me coz early Lana was my favorite music of the decade.

26vMNDz.gif

LOVE this album, i for sure can see how some people are falling off with it, it does seem a little undercooked, which i attribute to her not getting as much time as she wanted with jack. I feel like if she had, we would have gotten Dealer and two more last minute songs (like how Fuck it I Love You was a last minute addition and was one of the best tracks on norman) and some of the other songs may be a bit more fleshed out.

Does anyone else wish Tulsa Jesus Freak was a bit louder? every time I play it i have to turn it up more to hear it as well as the other tracks!

Over all this album is in my top three as of rn (1 UV, 2 LFL, 3 Chemtrails)

7 hours ago, LanaBoi said:

it 100% could have been. It’s a shame it’s one of the shortest songs on the album because I feel like there’s so many places it could have gone 

then again, maybe the length really helped it shine

its been over a month and TJF still rocks me like it did when we got the snippet last year 

"Don’t forget me"