Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I’m still streaming this album a lot <3. I haven’t listened to the album from beginning to end as much because I think the track listing is a bit weak. 

I’m coming around to this idea that Lana *had* to release this album even if it wasn’t fully baked, mostly because this album is such a rejection of fame. Kind of like a continuation of the artist she skewers in Norman but it’s reflected upon herself

On 4/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, ParadiseFreak said:

Anyone else stream Chemtrails for a couple days and then never return to it?  I really wanna like Lana's new stuff... but something fundamental has changed with her since Lust for Life.  Maybe it's all Jack?  Hard to know.  I respect that artists need to change and grow, but this shift is such a bummer for me coz early Lana was my favorite music of the decade.

Seems like you just prefer the upbeat Lana. 

I personally love the new direction, and think NFR and Chemtrails are some of her best work. But, I do mis her bops like Summertime Sadness, Off to the Races, Cola, High by the Beach and Summer Bummer,

Thank God for Doin'' Time and Don't Call Me Angel - they've kept her in the realm of pop music. 

I’m only listening to the album on the Spring days that are yet to come. I love to get back to the album from time to time and it hasn’t grown old yet

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

5 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

I’m only listening to the album on the Spring days that are yet to come. I love to get back to the album from time to time and it hasn’t grown old yet

Sis the album came out literally less than a month ago why you talking about it like it dropped in the 90s

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

On 4/16/2021 at 8:42 PM, Pale Fire said:

Sis the album came out literally less than a month ago why you talking about it like it dropped in the 90s

thank you for your feedback! I tried to say this is an album I see myself revisiting from time to time when the time is right. All in all I do think I’d still go back to listening to this album by the time it’s 2052 while this album dropped in 2021

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

On 4/17/2021 at 12:31 AM, barttttender said:

I personally love the new direction, and think NFR and Chemtrails are some of her best work. But, I do mis her bops like Summertime Sadness, Off to the Races, Cola, High by the Beach and Summer Bummer,

Thank God for Doin'' Time and Don't Call Me Angel - they've kept her in the realm of pop music. 

I don't think it's about upbeat and pop vs mellow. Honeymoon is that album that some people said put them to sleep, but nothing since then has been crafted so well. 

When someone is saying they miss pre- lust for life Lana, I think they mean the energy that the entire albums exuded, not just the hit tracks and fan favourites.

Let Me Love You Like a Woman is really hitting lately. It sounds incredible on a long drive. While I know it isn't the most exciting song, I think that's the point. It reminds me of Burnt Norton, the poem by T.S Eliot that she read an except of, for Honeymoon: 

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;
Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is,

LMLYLAW is like that still point of the turning world. 

Wild at Heart, LMLYLAW and White Dress are my current top 3

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 4/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, barttttender said:

I think  you might be the first person I've ever seen describe early Lana as "upbeat."  My favorite albums of hers are Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon.  All pretty *light* on the "upbeat."  What I miss is the dark cinematic sound of those records.  I think it has a lot to do with the production, but also her lyrics feel more throwaway these days too.

26vMNDz.gif