Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

On 4/21/2021 at 11:25 PM, NewportBitch said:

I gave some thought to the track listing. 

What if For Free and White Dress switched positions? For Free opening with its instrumentals would be like an curtain opening, transitioning the album slowly out of NFR’s Laurel Canyon. 

I also think HIADT should’ve been saved for COCC to give it an extra emotional weight/beef up the album a bit and it would appear somewhere after Dark But Just a Game. 

Late but I just wanted to say I always thought White Dress would be better as the last track, not the opener

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

22 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

This is the most boring era of any album in the history of Earth’s existence. I still like the album but i haven’t played it in weeks and today she posted yet another cover she appears on that doesn’t even have a new photoshoot to go with it.

God this is dull.

and no new interview either 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Something I've been thinking about a lot recently is the similarities in the fan receptions of COCC and LFL - both albums have songs that have gone on to become fan favorites and will probably become LDR classics (13 beaches, cherry, heroin, change, get free - white dress, tulsa jesus freak, dark but just a game, and yosemite to some extent), and they have songs that are generally hated by most fans and are considered by a lot of them to be her worst tracks (lust for life, coachella, when the world was at war, BPBP - LMLYLAW, breaking up slowly, and for free). I don't think this is something uncommon for an artist/album, but it's something I've really noticed with these two 

imageproxy.jpg

Since I was on leave when the album dropped...

My thoughts: Wild At Heart was my favourite from the first lesson. As you may know, I’m a slut for Mariners Apartment Complex—and this song reminded me so much of Mariners and How To Disappear. Does anyone know if the chorus is a Princess Diana reference? But those guitars are heavenly and her voice sounds amazing. Dance Till We Die is my second favourite, mainly because of that bopping bridge (I find the first verse’s lyrics to be a bit cringe sorry)—I love it when she kinda raises her voice and sings with that raspy passion, and the melody is so groovy (reminds me of that song from AHS: Something Or Another). Yosemite ranks as my 3rd. There’s something so freeing about it, the vibe (not necessarily any actual composition) reminds me of Get Free in a way (also the Lust For Life satellite sounds are a welcome return!). Dark But Just A Game is super sexy and kinda reminds me driving at midnight. Tulsa Jesus Freak is also sultry with her whispering, it makes me wanna drink whiskey. Not a big fan of the vocoder thing though tbh. White Dress wasn’t really a standout for me, and the “Down in the men in music business conference” line makes me crinkle my nose involuntarily but I can’t help getting it stuck in my head, it scratches an itch in the worst possible way. The singles are obviously amazing, but I often skip them bc I overplayed them lol. The features are my only genuine skips, but that may be prejudice, as I went into my first listen knowing I wouldn’t like them; self fulfilling prophecy. 

As of right now: 1. NFR 2. COTCC 3. Honeymoon 4. Ultraviolence 5. BTD 6. Paradise

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Im in loveee with the underwater effect on her vocals in TJF and the atmospheric vibe. Dark but just a game also has a part where her voice seems underwater or distant ("yeah yeah") and then the flawless way that transitions into "I was a pretty little fool" jack really did that. wow. I'm still obsessed. 

6 minutes ago, lamms said:

When she sings 5Ypwb2u.gifI really feel that Summertime Sadness™ even though we're in the midst of spring :icant:

One of my favorite parts of the song :cryney2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

i wish TJF had a stronger instrumental. what a beautiful track but playing it next to tracks like FIILY or literally any other "upbeat", full instrumental, exciting track on any other record... i just feel like it needs MORE to match the intensity of the vocals and melody

sUcVobB.png

44 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

not this falling off the chart after 4 weeks :rip: 

im not one to care about sales/charts etc but its clear something about this album just didnt click with...basically everyone. it just came and went and that was that. 

I think it didn't even click with her, she was pretty much done with it the second it got released

as much as I love the album it really was a "strange" release and she probably will only keep promoting BUS, for free and LMLYLAW :um2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Hopefully this massive floppation will teach her the girls don’t want more acoustic country foolishness 

the country album with nikki lane looking at us like: :mj:

when this nightmare will end :tommy:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg