Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

yofuckingsemite

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

she did say it was a standstill. It was justΒ an album for her to think about what to do next ("what to do next?, maybe we'll love it") the way she talks about it I think it was just an intermission not meant to be competing with her other albumsΒ in terms of acclaim/hype.Β The fact she took out dealer makes me think she wanted to move on and save the best for next.Β 

On 4/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, bvincent said:

I read that the beginning of Yosemite is botched, does anyone know which streaming service that is because mine is fine?

Β 

i might be wrong but this could be about the start of Yosemite being at the end of NAWWAL which makes it a bit jarring, especially when listening to NAWWAL on single repeat. i know this happens on spotify but not sure about if it's just on there or other streaming platforms.

Is it just me, or is the general, overall volume of the songs on this album very low? Not sure if it’s just the Spotify versions, but for every song on COTCC I have to physically turn up the volume in order to hear it properly, and even then, the bass isn’t super prominent (which is something I personally like in music).Β 

Probably no one cares anymore now that we're in a new era but I'm gonna throw some love to this masterpiece anyways because I never really posted my full review in this thread.Β :toofunny:Β This album really is going to age sooo beautifully, everything about it is exquisite. It's very calming but also so detailed and dynamic. Peaceful but heartbreaking too.

Β 

White Dress really is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It just hits so hard every single time. One of the most beautiful songs to ever exploreΒ the feeling of nostalgia. I love the way she sings it, and the repeated references to music are so special. Unique and spectacular.

Β 

Chemtrails remains as brilliant as it was when it first came out. Like a tornado comingΒ and throwing us into the deep end. The contrast between the lyricalΒ appreciation ofΒ the simpleΒ aspects of life, while an unsettling feeling builds beneath the surface is just stunning.

Tulsa Jesus Freak is soo good. Even though it's one of the more upbeat tracks, it somehow is getting sadder to me as time goes on. Like a memory of a simpler time when she thought that things would be white hot forever, but it's just an illusion at this point. The way the autotune throws her voice off at the end makes me feel like it's a film reel that's been scratched and skipping, and the layering as the song progresses is so subtly chaotic.

Β 

Let Me Love You Like a Woman has been beautiful since day one, and works even better in context of the album. A really warm and lovely song.

Β 

Wild at Heart is one of my favourites to just blast and drift away to. It somehow evokes both David Lynch energy and Live Laugh Love at the same time.Β 

Β 

Dark But Just a Game is another favourite for sure. Everything about the production on this track is so perfect to me. Sweet w-whatever baby is so addictive, and the way the song switches between the deeper beats and the folkier chorus works so well. An incredibly strong rejection of fame.

Β 

Not All Those Who Wander is so warm and simple and perfect. There's definitely a bit of darkness beneath the surface that I can't fully grasp my head around, but it makes the song even more interesting because the overall sound is so gentle.

Β 

Yosemite is a definite standout, the climax of the album in some ways. One of her best songs ever that took a few listens to really hit but once it did, WOW. The chorus is so peaceful, but there's such a lingering sadness to the song that breaks my heart. The bridge is an easy highlight of her whole discography, I get chills every time.

Β 

Breaking Up Slowly is by far the most underrated track and it disturbs me to see some of the rude things some people say about Nikki Lane. This song is such a brutal gut punch right after Yosemite, and an absolutely crucial momentΒ on the album. Nikki's inclusion is so important, like she's a friend who comes to help through the darkest moment of this journey, or like Lana's taking comfort by listening to the radio and feeling a connection to the tragedies of her idols like Tammy Wynette.Β 

Β 

Dance Til We Die is so awesome and the perfect place for the album to be leading to. I love the shoutouts to the other icons, it feels like she's rightfully claiming her own seat at the table. My only criticism is that I wish the bridge was longer because it's just so good, but I get why it's not. This song is so needed after the heartbreak of the previous two tracks, and a beautiful ode to the friendships that get us through the darkest times.Β 

Β 

For Free is a really beautiful cover and I think it closes the album out perfectly. So much of this album is about Lana's relationship to fame, and this song explores those themes really beautifully. By inviting Zella and Weyes to join her, she's really embracing the community of musicians that she's been seeking for so long and has finally found, and is now extending it even further to others.

Β 

I love this album so much, it's 10's across the board for me and I am so thankful that it's a regular part of my life now, and will be forever.Β :wub:

Β 

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Probably no one cares anymore now that we're in a new era but I'm gonna throw some love to this masterpiece anyways because I never really posted my full review in this thread.Β :toofunny:Β This album really is going to age sooo beautifully, everything about it is exquisite. It's very calming but also so detailed and dynamic. Peaceful but heartbreaking too.

Β 

White Dress really is one of the best songs I've ever heard. It just hits so hard every single time. One of the most beautiful songs to ever exploreΒ the feeling of nostalgia. I love the way she sings it, and the repeated references to music are so special. Unique and spectacular.

Β 

Chemtrails remains as brilliant as it was when it first came out. Like a tornado comingΒ and throwing us into the deep end. The contrast between the lyricalΒ appreciation ofΒ the simpleΒ aspects of life, while an unsettling feeling builds beneath the surface is just stunning.

Tulsa Jesus Freak is soo good. Even though it's one of the more upbeat tracks, it somehow is getting sadder to me as time goes on. Like a memory of a simpler time when she thought that things would be white hot forever, but it's just an illusion at this point. The way the autotune throws her voice off at the end makes me feel like it's a film reel that's been scratched and skipping, and the layering as the song progresses is so subtly chaotic.

Β 

Let Me Love You Like a Woman has been beautiful since day one, and works even better in context of the album. A really warm and lovely song.

Β 

Wild at Heart is one of my favourites to just blast and drift away to. It somehow evokes both David Lynch energy and Live Laugh Love at the same time.Β 

Β 

Dark But Just a Game is another favourite for sure. Everything about the production on this track is so perfect to me. Sweet w-whatever baby is so addictive, and the way the song switches between the deeper beats and the folkier chorus works so well. An incredibly strong rejection of fame.

Β 

Not All Those Who Wander is so warm and simple and perfect. There's definitely a bit of darkness beneath the surface that I can't fully grasp my head around, but it makes the song even more interesting because the overall sound is so gentle.

Β 

Yosemite is a definite standout, the climax of the album in some ways. One of her best songs ever that took a few listens to really hit but once it did, WOW. The chorus is so peaceful, but there's such a lingering sadness to the song that breaks my heart. The bridge is an easy highlight of her whole discography, I get chills every time.

Β 

Breaking Up Slowly is by far the most underrated track and it disturbs me to see some of the rude things some people say about Nikki Lane. This song is such a brutal gut punch right after Yosemite, and an absolutely crucial momentΒ on the album. Nikki's inclusion is so important, like she's a friend who comes to help through the darkest moment of this journey, or like Lana's taking comfort by listening to the radio and feeling a connection to the tragedies of her idols like Tammy Wynette.Β 

Β 

Dance Til We Die is so awesome and the perfect place for the album to be leading to. I love the shoutouts to the other icons, it feels like she's rightfully claiming her own seat at the table. My only criticism is that I wish the bridge was longer because it's just so good, but I get why it's not. This song is so needed after the heartbreak of the previous two tracks, and a beautiful ode to the friendships that get us through the darkest times.Β 

Β 

For Free is a really beautiful cover and I think it closes the album out perfectly. So much of this album is about Lana's relationship to fame, and this song explores those themes really beautifully. By inviting Zella and Weyes to join her, she's really embracing the community of musicians that she's been seeking for so long and has finally found, and is now extending it even further to others.

Β 

I love this album so much, it's 10's across the board for me and I am so thankful that it's a regular part of my life now, and will be forever.Β :wub:

Β 

You perfectly summed up how I feel about this record. It’s just so good and every song adds something to it as a whole. <3

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

You perfectly summed up how I feel about this record. It’s just so good and every song adds something to it as a whole. <3

Β 

So true! I really can't believe we're getting another album so soon after something this good. I'm so excited!!

21 hours ago, DCooper said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Well done, DB. It’s my favorite of all her albums.Β 

Β 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:48 AM, lanasbottom said:

that’s it for me it’s confirmed. cherry blossom WILL be on the album and i manifested that for years now. it will be reworked and have strings, synth padsΒ and guitars and i don’t fucking care THIS IS MY TRUTH:xcry:

I hope so because Yosemite was such a let down. All that high hope and it turned out to be lackluster.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Β 

I hope so because Yosemite was such a let down. All that high hope and it turned out to be lackluster.

giphy.gif

Me in a parallelΒ universeΒ :flop:

7 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Β 

giphy.gif

R we listening to the same song?

Β 

It's one of her most beautiful songs ever. Such an atmosphere.

Β 

On the other hand if u said that about TJF...yes

Yosemite is boring and lackluster. It was overhyped on LB and it turned out to be the weakest song on the album. Hard pass from me. This is my opinion not a debate. Take it or leave it.

Wild At Heart is the real gem off Chemtrails. That song and the production is simply gorgeous. The album should have been named Wild At Heart imo.

Tulsa Jesus Freak coming in second as the next gorgeous song off the album, then Chemtrails. The rest of the album is boring.

Back to the mess that's Blue Banister.

giphy.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

56 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Yosemite is boring and lackluster. It was overhyped on LB and it turned out to be the weakest song on the album. Hard pass from me. This is my opinion not a debate. Take it or leave it.

Wild At Heart is the real gem off Chemtrails. That song and the production is simply gorgeous. The album should have been named Wild At Heart imo.

Tulsa Jesus Freak coming in second as the next gorgeous song off the album, then Chemtrails. The rest of the album is boring.

giphy.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

This tea ?Β 

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

SureΒ :yawn: