Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I'm not manifesting this but I have a feeling that COTCC is going to be Honeymoon 2.0 when it comes to streaming.
We all know that Honeymoon does not exceed 700M streams and I have a feeling that the same is going to happen with COTCC, it will get stuck.

I hope this doesn't happen to BB. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm not manifesting this but I have a feeling that COTCC is going to be Honeymoon 2.0 when it comes to streaming.
We all know that Honeymoon does not exceed 700M streams and I have a feeling that the same is going to happen with COTCC, it will get stuck.

I think some songs on COCC sound like fillers, it just lacks meat. It needed another 3-4 songs. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

is COCC going to even hit 500m like...

but that means BB will be another LFL omg 2B streams coming

7 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

me too. People are allergic to slow music and cocc is amongst her slowest albums yet alongside honeymoon. She needs one upbeat track per album to get people hooked. But even HBTB didnt savr honeymoon.

Same...

9 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

that doesn’t have much to do with this thread tho...

17 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

that doesn’t have much to do with this thread tho...

Anyways, I wanted to say it :D

On 5/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, littleredpartydress said:

is COCC going to even hit 500m like...

but that means BB will be another LFL omg 2B streams coming

we hope soo

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

18 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

say it in the right thread then ? 

Two things, honey.
1. I do not have to ask your permission or your approval to comment on something I have in mind and place it where I see more convenient to post it.
2. If you are so mortified that I put that here, don't read it and DONE.
Doesn't my opinion let you sleep? Heck, people really complain about everything.

mod note: user was been warned for this post

Edited by admin
Do not create off-topic posts in other pre-release threads. Red text is for mod use only, so your text colour has been changed x

Two things, honey.
1. I do not have to ask your permission or your approval to comment on something I have in mind and place it where I see more convenient to post it.
2. If you are so mortified that I put that here, don't read it and DONE.
Doesn't my opinion let you sleep? Heck, people really complain about everything.

yass hunty slay :eek2:

On 5/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, barttttender said:

me too. People are allergic to slow music and cocc is amongst her slowest albums yet alongside honeymoon. She needs one upbeat track per album to get people hooked. But even HBTB didnt savr honeymoon.

NFR! only has 2 faster songs and it's still loved by her fans.

Maybe the songs itself are too slow for the fans.

If COTCC had less acapella like songs it would be more loved.

Mfhp.gif

Haven't listened to CoCC in full since release-week. I always stop after Dark But Just A Game, cause the second half is such a bleak and bland drag. I love Yosemite, but not enough to listen through No All Who Wanders Are Lost, which really sucks all of the life out of the album's vibe.

It's not that the songs are slow, but they kind of lack interesting dynamics.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 5/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, honeymo0n said:

What do you guys think of Chemtrails now? It has been released for a few months already and I reckon most of you have formed an overall opinion of it.

I'd say that I really really enjoyed listening to it once it came out, had the entire album on repeat for around two weeks in a row, but then I stopped listening to it. Now it seems to me that it's kind of like a mood album, which I can only listen to once I'm in that specific mood. Currently, I haven't listened to it for quite some time, which is kind of upsetting

I really only listen to the first three tracks which I adore but LMLYLAW completely takes the wind out of the sails for me and the album just doesn't recover after that it's like a rollercoaster with the big drop at the start and then the track is completely flat and you just roll until the carriage stops

Honeymoon is slow but so lush and has a sexy dull fire whereas chemtrails is so sparse and Antonoffed

32 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i only replay Wah, Dark and Nawwal :awkney:

well the only good thing that boring album gave us is: finally dethrone honeymoon from the flop position as least streamed and bought lana album. honeymoon darling you never deserved this but snoozefests over the countryflop sure does :nails: