Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

COCC is my driving album now. it's really nice to just have playing in the background.  I honestly always skip breaking up slowly and for free, i just dont think they're lana's best. For free sounded so much better live. White dress has surprisingly become my go to song, just love how it doesn't sound like anything i've ever heard. 

faSE.gif

ugh I feel like this era came by so quickly and is leaving so soon. I wish we could have got a detailed interview about the process of COCC and info about the tracks. For example, why did Lana decide to sample How to disappear on Wild At Heart and things of that sort. Hopefully this album ages well like NFR.

2 hours ago, Waitress said:

ugh I feel like this era came by so quickly and is leaving so soon. I wish we could have got a detailed interview about the process of COCC and info about the tracks. For example, why did Lana decide to sample How to disappear on Wild At Heart and things of that sort. Hopefully this album ages well like NFR.

Unpopular opinion (?):
I'm not hearing a huge sample of HTD on WAH. I mean the name "Joe" and maybe a 3 chord sequence, ok, but if the sequence referred to is from the instrumental bridge of HTD, that's actually a reprise of the ending of MAC (inital part of the outro). 

I feel like this album will become a fan favorite later on in its shelf life ( quite like HM).Its introspective as hell but not quite as immediate in its importance. It’s a fine wine meant to be sipped upon and savored 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

After listening to the album for many, many times, I have to say that is a difficult case for me. I like most of the songs, but as a whole, something is missing. It is definitely front loaded and I think the pacing could have been better.

If I were to make my version, it would probably be something like this:

1. White Dress

2. Let me love you like a woman 

3. Chemtrails over the country club

4. Dark but just a game

5. Tulsa Jesus Freak (with slight production modification) 

6. I talk to Jesus (reworked) 

7. Yosemite (significant production modification) 

8. Fine China (slightly reworked) 

9. Breaking up slowly (maybe slight production modification) 

10. Looking for America

Then it would be perfect! :kiss2: Although the theme of fame would be less pronounced. 

I love Tulsa Jesus Freak. The “white hot forever” part is so sexy. :icant:

tenor.gif

—Churning Nectarine Ice Cream for the local police department and doing random handstands while My Song 57 by Lana Del Rey plays.— Lots of love.

15 hours ago, nevada darling said:

Someone on reddit posted this unfinished tracklist from Electric Lady Studios with a song called "Loved you then and now"

USgPxIv.jpg

Do we think that's the outtake every insider has been talking about? :smokes3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I revisited the album again because I really WANT to like it. But I think the main problemfor me is, that the album is so short. And I'm not talking about the amount of tracks.

The standard editions of BtD has 12 songs, the standard edition of UV has 11. Yet both albums feel like they've come "full circle" once they end.

Chemtrails on the other hand completely loses this "album"-feeling after Dark But Just A Game. Up until that point, it feels like a body of work with a cohesive direction, multiple layers etc.
But from track 7 on it's just bleak, bland and almost feels unfinished. It loses it's momentum and just drags on and even though everything happens within a shared sonical universe, the songs still kind of seem to be thrown together. There is no arc of suspense anymore, if that makes sense.
That's not to say I don't like the songs on this second half - Yosemite is great and DTWD is a nice tune. But the combination of those tracks really sucks the life from them.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

To the ones saying that COCC tanked, here are the current daily streaming numbers of Spotify:

NFR 930‘000

COCC 720‘000

LFL 560‘000

HM 330‘000

UV 680‘000

BTD 1‘700‘000

Now here‘s the deal,

cause you wanna talk about it:

Spoiler

It‘s not tanking :mj: