Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

34 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I wouldn't say extremely successful... it did well, especially considering the type of album it is, the bad press and the absolute zero promotion. It isn't doing that well in streaming either; it's barely hitting 300 million streams in Spotify and YouTube combined. It'll do fine long-term, but I'd say this is another Honeymoon, except Honeymoon was released in a better sales climate + HM had a viral hit that even charted on the Hot 100

COCC only failed in streams and no promo in the world could have made it a hit. It's not music for the GP and even some fans didn't found replay value in it. 

Their biggest mistake was sleeping on BUS. It could have been a hit if they had sent it to country stations

10 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

COCC only failed in streams and no promo in the world could have made it a hit. It's not music for the GP and even some fans didn't found replay value in it. 

Their biggest mistake was sleeping on BUS. It could have been a hit if they had sent it to country stations

I agree, Breaking Up Slowly is amazing and the melody is very catchy.

if anybody in the UK (i think they deliver worldwide too though the shipping cost might not be worth it) is still after an Indie Exclusives yellow vinyl, Five Rise Records actually has them on sale cheaper than the regular vinyl! £14.99 :)

https://www.fiveriserecords.co.uk/product/lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club/

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I'm still so in love with that album. This is my favourite one by now. I'm still moved by it and listen to it very often. The biggests tracks on it are Cocc itself (what a banger); Dark But Just A Game and Breaking Up Slowly (the mix is so warm and excellent)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

22 hours ago, triangles19 said:

Breaking Up Slowly (the mix is so warm and excellent)

warm! that's exactly the word for it! it feels almost intimate like you're right there in the studio while they're singing it

Wq9zHLl.jpg

11 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

has it simmered in yet for you? mhm mhm 200w.gif

such a cute song, the bridge especially is lovely. i always play this as the album opener, like an intro. ngl it's nothing special but works so well when played right before chemtrails the title track.

cause I'm ready to leave LA and I want you to come

-->

I'm on the run with you, my sweet love

even though i can kinda see why it was a disappointment as a single (a song that should build up the hype not make everyone bored) i definitely think that it doesn't deserve all of the trashing.

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:40 PM, mansfield ringer said:

She's really never going to fix the Yosemite skip on spotify......

its literally sooo annoying like omg. whats the need :whoopi:

also, not all who wander are lost is a career highlight

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I think Chemtrail’s original release date was February 26th. 

Apple Music has the album as released on Feb 26th

So maybe WD was always supposed to come out the day the album dropped and that’s why the website said Feb 26th

"Don’t forget me"

I feel like she wrote this album for me in a lot of ways - I relate to every single song. Melodically, it’s so soft and intimate and takes me back to summer 2020 <3 I loved it upon first listen and my love for it has only continued to grow since its release. 

32 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like she wrote this album for me in a lot of ways - I relate to every single song. Melodically, it’s so soft and intimate and takes me back to summer 2020 <3 I loved it upon first listen and my love for it has only continued to grow since its release. 

well put– these songs really encapsulate "a life lived" as she said, and the themes of thoughtfulness & contemplation amongst all the magic of life's ordinariness has really spoken to me too <3

aOaIzH2.gif

4 hours ago, lover said:

such a cute song, the bridge especially is lovely. i always play this as the album opener, like an intro. ngl it's nothing special but works so well when played right before chemtrails the title track.

cause I'm ready to leave LA and I want you to come

-->

I'm on the run with you, my sweet love

even though i can kinda see why it was a disappointment as a single (a song that should build up the hype not make everyone bored) i definitely think that it doesn't deserve all of the trashing.

I think its because the verse's melody sounds real simple, but then the chorus builds and lasts well, and yeah the bridge has great longing. i think it'll easily be one of her most remembered songs. the chorus really sells it imo

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

well put– these songs really encapsulate "a life lived" as she said, and the themes of thoughtfulness & contemplation amongst all the magic of life's ordinariness has really spoken to me too <3

Yes, exactly! The structure of the tracklist really reflects those themes as well, there’s a chronological element to it that really allows you to listen to the album as a journey of the mind, if that makes sense. I absolutely love it <3