Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

"Not All Those Who Wanders Are Lost" is really cute imo! Especially the "Look at me, look at you, look at what you made me" do part?

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Buzzfeed posted a video about the chemtrails conspiracy today and they mentioned Lana & Chemtrails Over the Country Club at the beginning lol -

(0:27)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

10 minutes ago, Elle said:

Buzzfeed posted a video about the chemtrails conspiracy today and they mentioned Lana & Chemtrails Over the Country Club at the beginning lol -

(0:27)

"5% could be", because the government can do whatever it wants. Just because you put a different wig on, it's still the same hoe. 

:sadcore4:

But yeah the name dropping at the beginning is awesome :party:

Chemtrails is a near perfect album. Y’all can call it boring if you like but its clearly a treatise on Stillness. A contemplation like the title track says. It is perfect length. A classic timeless album. My favorite? No. It is however a brilliant meditation that I know I will return to over the years. Its a slow burn candle. A long Russian novel. Patience is required. But the rewards are sublime.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

when I was a white dreeeesss wearing a waitreeeeessss

Beskrivning saknas.

E4boQ6UXoAI01U5?format=png&name=small

just thinking about the pic neil shared today and this cover mock up and :crossed: 

the power this album could’ve had if the standard cover was the photo from the spotify picture disk (so it still had the whole friends & family vibe) and had a few alternate covers like this, the target one, and maybe a few others with different recolored skies and stuff 

when i was a white dress doing a waitress like look how i got this look how i got this

it made me feel made me feel like a white dress

it made me feel made me feel like a waitress

down at the men in white dress conference 

down in the white dress i was only a waitress

down at the men in white dress conference

i only mention it cause it was such a waitress

and i felt like a white dress

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This album is so beautiful and genuine and it hurts how overseen it's been by the majority of people (the majority of her fans included). I truly hope time will bring to it the attention and appreciation it deserves.

I don’t know if anyone has said it already but the issue with the transition between NAWWAL and Yosemite was finally fixed on Spotify! 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

as much as COCC is my least fav lana album, i do think it's gonna have a strange, warm and maybe even sad place in my heart in the coming years. it was released when i was going through an intense heartbreak and a really tough time, and i was really banking on the album to make me feel better. i remember at this point thinking things couldn't get any worse for me, but little did i know the worst was yet to come. it's an album that came to me at a time where i thought i was healing but i was really just in the eye of the storm - things were about to get even harder, even more chaotic, even more heartbreaking, even more scary. i remember listening to it for the first time with my best friend out in nature - my heart was really hurting, but i was doing my best to improve myself and fight thru all the bad stuff, so in a way i was doing strangely well. i have such a particular nostalgia associated with that day. i don't really go back to the album much, but im curious to see how i'll feel about it once some time passes.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Someone should edit the White Dress music video with some clips from the 1941 film Moon Over Miami. It would fit so well. The film is about sister waitresses going on a trip to Miami to find rich husbands (as one does). Visually, it matches the song almost perfectly.

Spoiler

“Look how I do this, look how I got this…”

”It was such a scene, and I felt seen…”

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Okay, so I listened to this album in full today and when Breaking up slowly came (sorry, but it's been my least COCC fav) I was really VIBING and FEELING IT when Lana's joining Nikki in the second chorus. Damn. :defeated:

Beskrivning saknas.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:48 PM, brandon said:

E4boQ6UXoAI01U5?format=png&name=small

just thinking about the pic neil shared today and this cover mock up and :crossed: 

the power this album could’ve had if the standard cover was the photo from the spotify picture disk (so it still had the whole friends & family vibe) and had a few alternate covers like this, the target one, and maybe a few others with different recolored skies and stuff 

This is my 2nd least favorite Lana shoot. The green reminds me of frogs, crocodiles and dinosaurs 

It's amazing that Lana never mentions Yosemite in the song yet it's such a beautifully fitting title. That's really a testament to the strength of the writing and the energy that the song exudes. Feels like the park itself could be singing.

This whole album is so special. :wub: