Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

36 minutes ago, GetFree said:

Does anyone else think the song Chemtrails is a top 5 in her discography? It’s so stunning.

Like even just the first 3 seconds of the song set such a warm and nostalgic tone. The song is a hug, a warm blanket.

:oprah:

It's definitely up there with Venice Bitch and Off to the races for me, there's something in this outro I swear... I ascend every single time :cryney:

1 hour ago, GetFree said:

Does anyone else think the song Chemtrails is a top 5 in her discography? It’s so stunning.

Like even just the first 3 seconds of the song set such a warm and nostalgic tone. The song is a hug, a warm blanket.

It's truly a beautiful song. Her best title track in my opinion.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 hours ago, GetFree said:

Her best title track and definitely in the top ten, if not five, of her catalog. 

I'm on the run with you my sweet love...:wowcry::hair:

Anyways, "Blue Banisters" is still my favorite of the era. All are incredible though. :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Her best title track and definitely in the top ten, if not five, of her catalog. 

I'm on the run with you my sweet love...:wowcry::hair:

Anyways, "Blue Banisters" is still my favorite of the era. All are incredible though. :oprah:

I am very glad you like it but this song is her second worst single to me after L4L.

One of her worst from her amazing catalogue. Sis got lost on her run with her sweet love.

in my opinion, the title track is the best song on the album. it's just so good. it has the most haunting build-up, leading to the heavenly juxtaposition of different vocal layers at the end, but i have to say it is outstanding from the very beginning. the abrupt way it starts, the low voice, the seemingly mundane lyrics, her vocal delivery, the harmonica, violin and the guitar that add so much to the song... that's one of the few songs on chemtrails whose production is actually great the way it is

people said this song was warm, i'd say it is really cold on the contrary, like winter is

however i can not get over how bland dance till we die is, apart from its bridge... the melody, the vocals, the lyrics, the production, it's all just so uneventful. kind of a shame the end of the album has all those similar-sounding songs which are not so good in my opinion (except for yosemite) because the first few tracks are really, really good.

Can I say that this album is, for sure, perfect for the fall season?

I know is not fall yet but the energy of it already came to Portugal (the days are shorter, the weather is getting colder) and this album is already fitting the vibe so much!

it would be amazing to have this released really on September 5th 

0YnL0Kf.gif

This album gets so much better over time. Listening to it feels like seeing an old friend for the first time in a while. It's almost nostalgic despite it only coming out this year. I always liked it, but it feels so different now. My favorites are definitely Yosemite, DTWD and the title track, with White Dress and and DBJAG following close behind. 

imageproxy.jpg

I don't know why but LMLYLAW makes me cry recently :trisha: I always liked it but now I really love it:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

before today I never realized how beautiful the Yosemite bridge is and how it just... hits me :defeated::wowcry:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

31 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

before today I never realized how beautiful the Yosemite bridge is and how it just... hits me :defeated::wowcry:

Truly a highlight of her discography, that bridge is so haunting. The way she says television static was quite overwhelming sends me into the ether. 

2 hours ago, athena said:

Her best album i fear :sass:

Conceptually? Its possible... :true:

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Truly a highlight of her discography, that bridge is so haunting. The way she says television static was quite overwhelming sends me into the ether. 

Literally that line makes me feel like the world is falling down around me and im being cocooned entirely by magma as it rapidly cools while spewing from the ground:true: the ending of fight club vibes

4 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Literally that line makes me feel like the world is falling down around me and im being cocooned entirely by magma as it rapidly cools while spewing from the ground:true: the ending of fight club vibes

LOL I love this description 

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

it is perfection, haunts my soul and i wouldn't have it any other way 

aOaIzH2.gif

11 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

still obsessed I'm so sorry people hate u for free cover

The amount of hate for this song… I love it. The melody is incredibly beautiful and the three voices are haunting. I wish it was a solo song. It’s my second favourite cover by her.

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

still obsessed I'm so sorry people hate u for free cover

We don't hate it, we hate the featured artists on it.
Lana Solo Version is light years better.

Mfhp.gif