Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

1 minute ago, StillOnMyMind said:

The amount of hate for this song… I love it. The melody is incredibly beautiful and the three voices are haunting. I wish it was a solo song. It’s my second favourite cover by her.

I love everything about this song, the lyrics are the perfect closing for chemtrails, the melody is amazing and I think this trio is really powerful even tho not really a fan of zella's voice I love what they did together for this cover

I think it's my second favorite cover by lana too, I agree that there should be a solo version! 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

We don't hate it, we hate the featured artists on it.
Lana Solo Version is light years better.

yeah most people here do hate this cover not only because of the featured artists

I think zella and weyes are phenomenal on this track

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

My only complaint about For Free is that Lana didn't get the last word on it. I love Weyes' verse, it's honestly my favorite part of the song (i get it stuck in my head constantly), but I really wish that Lana would've gotten to close the album with her voice. 

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

We don't hate it, we hate the featured artists on it.
Lana Solo Version is light years better.

Who's we? Zella and Natalie are iconic queens

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

As a fan from day one, COCC is possibly my favourite Lana album - dark, neurotic, and eccentric. My favourite moment in the record is probably the second verse of Wild At Heart, where she breaks the melody into a monorhythm with one of her darkest lyrics ever, talking about the possibility of undoing all her sobriety, and thus all of the work she has ever been able to make since committing to it - in essence, a world without Lana Del Rey, which is a theme she has been hinting at since Swan Song on each of her albums, that reflex of self-destruction. Ugh, COCC is great.

3 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the sound quality of chemtrails? Idk why but I've tried listening in the car, through Beats, airpods, Bose headphones/speaker & it always kind of sounds like shit. Or is it just me? I don't understand if it's the production or the worms in me brain.

If it has you talking this much about it, I think it’s just you :runs:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

I think my apathy towards COCC has more to do with the production than the lyricism or anything else - I genuinely believe some of Lana's most profound and beautiful lyricism has come from that record. When I imagine COCC with UV, HM, or even NFR-style production I tremble. It's Antonoff's production that turned me off. :noparty:

1 minute ago, fantascination said:

I think my apathy towards COCC has more to do with the production than the lyricism or anything else - I genuinely believe some of Lana's most profound and beautiful lyricism has come from that record. When I imagine COCC with UV, HM, or even NFR-style production I tremble. It's Antonoff's production that turned me off. :noparty:

This is truly the truthful truth. 1000%

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

CoCC’s production is more intimately mixed than her other work - less reverb, and walls of sound, it ends up sounding compressed, earthy and bare, so I can understand how it sounds “ugly” in comparison to her other work (UV was aggressive sounding but drenched in reverb), but, that’s what I love about it ? 

***EDIT: Not BB, I guess it’s Chemtrails that is getting the blue vinyl release (per NME) but BB is on the RSD website, so idk!

————-

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but BB is slated as a Record Store Day release in November in blue vinyl with alternative artwork! No images yet—I wonder if it’s artwork we’ve already seen or if the indie exclusive will be different! 

https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/602438590148

This NME article mentions the blue variant and artwork: https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-u2-fleetwood-mac-lead-record-store-day-black-friday-releases-3046580?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lana-del-rey-u2-fleetwood-mac-lead-record-store-day-black-friday-releases&amp

12 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

***EDIT: Not BB, I guess it’s Chemtrails that is getting the blue vinyl release (per NME) but BB is on the RSD website, so idk!

————-

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but BB is slated as a Record Store Day release in November in blue vinyl with alternative artwork! No images yet—I wonder if it’s artwork we’ve already seen or if the indie exclusive will be different! 

https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/602438590148

This NME article mentions the blue variant and artwork: https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-u2-fleetwood-mac-lead-record-store-day-black-friday-releases-3046580?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lana-del-rey-u2-fleetwood-mac-lead-record-store-day-black-friday-releases&amp

Update: Here is the Chemtrails variant that will be on sale for Record Store Day on 11/26. There will be 15k of them for sale

418466181057:800.jpg
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/14527

Not All Who Wander are Lost is so gorgeous. I hope we get more tracks in the same vein down the line. 

One of lana's more under-appreciated works for sure

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 9/13/2021 at 6:45 PM, StillOnMyMind said:

The amount of hate for this song… I love it. The melody is incredibly beautiful and the three voices are haunting. I wish it was a solo song. It’s my second favourite cover by her.

I ripped the audio from her IGTV soundcheck of it and as far as I'm concerned that's the definitive version of the song. Zella's strained off key "the WIIIIINNNDDD" gives me PTSD I have to skip before it reaches that point

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey