Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

what if instead of "It's dark but just a game, so play it like a symphony, You know our love's the same, they'll both go down in infamy" it was "its dark but just a game, so baby simp for me, this pussy tastes the same, it will go down history" .... please

There's something so comforting about this album. It's so beautiful and the subdued production is exactly what was needed. It's hitting even harder as the seasons change and we face the anxiety of another long winter. :wowcry: 

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

There's something so comforting about this album. It's so beautiful and the subdued production is exactly what was needed. It's hitting even harder as the seasons change and we face the anxiety of another long winter. :wowcry: 

Exactly this! It’s like a warm blanket

This is incredible and Yosemite is one of her best songs ever for me like top 15

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I love Chemtrails. :wub:

tbh horrifying that this is actually an unpopular opinion! COCC is one of my favorite lana projects and it's a superb album. gorgeous melodies, honest and potent lyrics, the prettiest vocals, what's not to love?

aOaIzH2.gif

Chemtrails is like a fine wine. I wasn't sure if it would, but it gets so much better with age. And also...BUS is actually pretty good?? I just listened to it for the first time in months and I was pleasantly surprised 

imageproxy.jpg

16 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

question, why does she say "meet you for coffee, at the elementary schools" in the title track? like why would she go to a grades 1-5 SCHOOL to get coffee? that line has never made sense to me

The way that I saw it, whoever she’s dating might have kids and she’s attending events for the person. Might also be an AA reference(?), the meetings are often held in elementary/middle school auditoriums and serve coffee, etc.

sgopYhV.gif

I always loved LFL even though it’s an unpopular opinion and I’m going to always love COCC even if it’s an unpopular opinion..

I know Lana never really got into the COCC era but I really wish it would have lasted longer than a day :icant:

I love how short the album is, it makes replaying it really easy. It’s definitely my number 1 album of the year

"Don’t forget me"

9 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

question, why does she say "meet you for coffee, at the elementary schools" in the title track? like why would she go to a grades 1-5 SCHOOL to get coffee? that line has never made sense to me

There's an interesting explanation on genius.com

In this and the following line, Lana sets up a juxtaposition between youth and maturity. Coffee is typically an adult drink, but she enjoys it by the juvenility of an elementary school. Similarly, the “summer gets cool” represents an end to the newness of summer as autumn, symbolizing old age, sets in. These lines are about how Lana holds onto her youthful freedom even as she settles into adult life.

This could be a reference to AA meetings, which usually serve coffee and are hosted in public buildings like churches and schools.

17 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Chemtrails is like a fine wine. I wasn't sure if it would, but it gets so much better with age. And also...BUS is actually pretty good?? I just listened to it for the first time in months and I was pleasantly surprised 

Loving the fact that the album is finally starting to click for many people. It's at the same time her most thoughtful and accesible album to date, I think (Honeymoon, which I deeply admire, was even more contemplative, yet quite dark as well and anything but simple for casual listeners to get into). There's certainly some moments on the record that could have been more carefully crafted (the NAWWAL-Yosemite passage falls a bit flat from my point of view, p.e), but the whole atmosphere of it all is so warm, beautiful and full of light, even as nostalgic as it gets. Also, some of the tracks that got the lesser attention ended up being some of the most captivating ones (BUS and For Free are absolute gems -it doesnt really get more beautiful than them-). Really, really hoping that the album will be far more loved and recognised (by Lana herself, even) with time, as it truly deserves.

5 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Loving the fact that the album is finally starting to click for many people. It's at the same time her most thoughtful and accesible album to date, I think (Honeymoon, which I deeply admire, was even more contemplative, yet quite dark as well and anything but simple for casual listeners to get into). There's certainly some moments on the record that could have been more carefully crafted (the NAWWAL-Yosemite passage falls a bit flat from my point of view, p.e), but the whole atmosphere of it all is so warm, beautiful and full of light, even as nostalgic as it gets. Also, some of the tracks that got the lesser attention ended up being some of the most captivating ones (BUS and For Free are absolute gems -it doesnt really get more beautiful than them-). Really, really hoping that the album will be far more loved and recognised (by Lana herlsef, even) with time, as it truly deserves.

I had a feeling that when this album dropped that it would become the next Honeymoon in terms of reception (and attention from Lana lol). People hated Honeymoon when it first came out, and now it's a fan favorite. I've seen quite a few people starting to come around on Chemtrails, so it's looking like it's gonna start making the curve soon. 

imageproxy.jpg

Chemtrails gets so much unnecessary criticism. 

This album is like walking outside on a crisp Autumn morning and the sun is shining through the leaves and you see one of your favorite people and they give you a big long hug.

There's so much comfort, beauty, and vulnerability in this album. The song writing is so delicate and thoughtful. Her voice is so clear and intentional with every note she sings. 

I feel like I've always known this album, like it has always existed and whenever I listen to it it's like visiting a nostalgic place I haven't been to in a long time. This album reminds me of a lot of really good times in my life. Sunny days, friends laughing, dancing, skating, eating, drinking, loving. A long drive by yourself on a windy road with a tunnel of trees and you get to that open spot with the beautiful view of rolling hills and mountains. 

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, your dealer said:

Chemtrails gets so much unnecessary criticism. 

This album is like walking outside on a crisp Autumn morning and the sun is shining through the leaves and you see one of your favorite people and they give you a big long hug.

There's so much comfort, beauty, and vulnerability in this album. The song writing is so delicate and thoughtful. Her voice is so clear and intentional with every note she sings. 

I feel like I've always known this album, like it has always existed and whenever I listen to it it's like visiting a nostalgic place I haven't been to in a long time. This album reminds me of a lot of really good times in my life. Sunny days, friends laughing, dancing, skating, eating, drinking, loving. A long drive by yourself on a windy road with a tunnel of trees and you get to that open spot with the beautiful view of rolling hills and mountains. 

i agree with everything you said. it's definitely not as bad as some people make it out to be, however, i do wish it had a little bit more going on in the production to break up the pace. the songs on their own are great but listening to the album in its entirety can be a bit underwhelming and monotonous. it also deserves a better closer.