Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

chemtrails over the country club is one of her best songs ever. everything in it is so delicate, so pristine, so carefully crafted. the intro in the music video is pure bliss and introduces the song perfectly, when she starts singing i literally ascend. the violin, the harmonica, the layered vocals, i have no words

White Dress is on the same level of genius alongside Venice Bitch i suppose

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i reeeeallly want to hear or at least know some details about the yes to heaven rework for chemtrails. I have a feeling she did some lyrical changes and actually rerecorded the vocals.

I feel like Chemtrails would have been the perfect song for chemtrails also because of all the religious references (tulsa jesus freak/if you dont pray youll never learn/contemplating god under the chemtrails etc)

On 12/20/2021 at 11:23 AM, Future Jazz said:

chemtrails over the country club is one of her best songs ever. everything in it is so delicate, so pristine, so carefully crafted. the intro in the music video is pure bliss and introduces the song perfectly, when she starts singing i literally ascend. the violin, the harmonica, the layered vocals, i have no words

Agreed! It's probably my favourite Lana song ever. Black Beauty has been my favourite for the longest time but Chemtrails might have dethroned it.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:09 AM, lanabanana11 said:

i reeeeallly want to hear or at least know some details about the yes to heaven rework for chemtrails. I have a feeling she did some lyrical changes and actually rerecorded the vocals.

I feel like Chemtrails would have been the perfect song for chemtrails also because of all the religious references (tulsa jesus freak/if you dont pray youll never learn/contemplating god under the chemtrails etc)

i’d loveeee a yes to heaven version with the dreamy airy jack antonoff guitar, similar to wild at heart and not all who wander. it could have been a really interesting rework of the song! 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

At this point, I'm like 99% sure that the title track is my favorite song on the album and one of my top 10 Lana songs ever. It's so beautiful

imageproxy.jpg

Oh yeah the title track is otherworldly. I love how it defies being any one genre. I mean what is it even? Is it folk, is it jazz, is it singer-songwriter indie, is it a rock ballad, is it Sgt. Pepper, is it churchy?

When she first announced the title it sounded like it was going to be some kind of cultural critique, about conspiracy theories and the 1% lying by the pool while the world burns kind-of-thing. And then the song we got was not that at all. Instead it's a nostalgic fairy tale, really personal, opting out of the horrible world of 2020 by drifting into memories and simple pleasures, washing her hair doing the laundry and watching tv. That's the statement. It's so brilliant and accurate I love it.

Looking back now, you can see it's the gateway to the diaristic BB songs.

The 1-2 punch of title track into Tulsa Jesus Freak honesty might be my favorite transition in her discography. The second the outro of Chemtrails ends, I automatically think “you should stay that close to Jesus” and by the end of Tulsa Jesus Freak I want to listen to title track again :crying4:

She knew what she was doing putting the title track next to the almost title track. 

"Don’t forget me"