Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

this album is absolutely amazing, i was listening to the instrumentals yesterday for the first time and just wow, they all have this nostalgic feel to them like a memory from the past trapped in the arrangements.

my sole critique of this album would be with the tracklist. I dont think anything should be scrapped however I DO think some additions should have been made, firstly the Loved You Then and Now (aka Rock Candy Sweet) should have been on it for sure, it was on the original handwritten tracklist in the pic from the studio she recorded in, it just made sense.

Also Dealer should have been on and it should've gone in between not all who wander & yosemite (you might think dealer into yosemite doesnt work, ive tested it, it works sooo good. especially the outro of dealer "the circuits are busy, you're high!" and the spoken part of yosemite "i remember watching, how green was my valley" just are so good together ahhh)

And finally, the Yes to Heaven rework should have been on it idc. the album already has so many religious references. it was a shame for her to keep it off the record especailly since she reworked it.

With all these additions it would make the album a 14 track album making it an equal follow up to NFR

UV and NFR are my top albums and COCC is pretty much in the middle for me in album rankings but...I still think COCC is her best title track. Probably her most personal title track as well (I guess Blue Banisters (title track) competes with that aspect, but I don't like BB as much lool). Its lyrics are pretty simple but...they see like a character study of who she was and who she is now (or was at the time the track was released). The White Dress --> TJF track run also sounds like straight up mental illness (I have no other way to describe it :rip:). Honestly COCC as an album is so strange to me, from the album artwork,  HTD's bridge being recycled, Nikki Lane, etc. I still wanna know what was going on through their head when they were making it. Somewhat of a mess but it's her mess and I enjoy it anyways

sgopYhV.gif

9 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

UV and NFR are my top albums and COCC is pretty much in the middle for me in album rankings but...I still think COCC is her best title track. Probably her most personal title track as well (I guess Blue Banisters (title track) competes with that aspect, but I don't like BB as much lool). Its lyrics are pretty simple but...they see like a character study of who she was and who she is now (or was at the time the track was released). The White Dress --> TJF track run also sounds like straight up mental illness (I have no other way to describe it :rip:). Honestly COCC as an album is so strange to me, from the album artwork,  HTD's bridge being recycled, Nikki Lane, etc. I still wanna know what was going on through their head when they were making it. Somewhat of a mess but it's her mess and I enjoy it anyways

wdym by the dance till we die bridge being recycled?

I'm in my hometown right now & I really love the forests here, there are beautiful & quite fairytale-like. I was listening to Yosemite while walking through them , there was also a little bit of snow & some tiny waterfalls & it was so peaceful & calming. Quite magical too. I haven't felt that relaxed & calm in weeks:trisha: and I'm really thankful for Yosemite,  it's such a special song:flutter:.  Also I said it probably in this thread alot but the whole Chemtrails album is a perfect soundtrack for wandering through forests & fields. 

Also this album calms me down so much when I feel anxious or stressed. I'm so thankful for it & the COCC album will always have a special place in my heart :heart: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

LMLYLAW grew on me SO much. Such a gorgeous album track tbh. Absolutely horrible decision to make it the lead single tho lol. She should've def started with the title track or maybe White Dress. TJF would've also been a good lead but it would set false expectations tbh. 

qfrWuBl.png

On 1/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, lanabanana11 said:

does anyone have the "Lana Del Rey" text from the cover art but alone and transparent? trying to make something but cant seem to find the chemtrails cover art "lana del rey"

check the cursed photo editing app

Just rewatched the video for COCC for the second time ever, I'm  just not that fond of watching music videos hehe, and WOW Lanz really DID THAT, huh? :defeated: It'll probably find it's way into my top Lana MVs of all time...:krylie:

We WON with the title track MV.. but we also lost. If ONLY we had more videos in the same vein as COCC.... imagine a video for TJF with as much effort. or if the White Dress video was actually a good one

and

Chemtrails Over The Country Club has too many haters, it is truly, by no means, a bad album at all.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

TULSA:defeated:JESUS :defeated:FREAK:defeated:

:cumming::bodyisready: 

Spoiler

Ngl when this song plays I want to get fucked on a field in Oklahoma :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

this album has grown on me so much. i absolutely despised it when it first came out, and never went back to it. now, i find it to be such a beautiful album. the whole thing feels like a spring morning, standing in the morning dew covered grass, drinking freshly brewed coffee. its so comforting. i think the only songs im not the biggest fan of are wild at heart, dbjag (it was the only song i listened to on repeat during the release, which ruined it for me), and for free. all the rest im absolutely in love with, especially the title track (one of lanas best songs to date :oic2:).