Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

858 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Its the anniversary of Question for The Culture … :oprah: our very own 9/11 in some ways… the mesh mask/book signing getting k worded… sean larkin…. wreckless driving… WHATTTTT an era.

Although i will say, growing up is realizing  she wasn’t wrong necessarily, just used bad examples! :true: but i digress!

Still wondering to this day what happened so she had to write about it out of the blue… I don’t remember anyone writing that she was « problematic » prior to QFTC… 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering to this day what happened so she had to write about it out of the blue… I don’t remember anyone writing that she was « problematic » prior to QFTC… 

I need a Netflix documentary :true:

50 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Its the anniversary of Question for The Culture … :oprah: our very own 9/11 in some ways… the mesh mask/book signing getting k worded… sean larkin…. wreckless driving… WHATTTTT an era.

Although i will say, growing up is realizing  she wasn’t wrong necessarily, just used bad examples! :true: but i digress!

NEVER FORGET.

These two years feel like an eternity, so many things have changed. I think Lana would have done better to turn the whole thing into a song or album right away, which she may still be doing.

Best part of the QFTC era was her randomly posting those stills from old movies and that gif from Tropico (+ the release of Violet) :smile2: But also that means two years since the September 5th announcement :toofloppy:

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

I still wonder what rick would have done with tjf.

TJF is one of the highlights of COCC, IMO, and I’m not sure he could have brought something else to that song, but who knows. I love both producers: Jack often brought a certain “spark” to their songs, but Rick is better with his piano melodies, plus those romantic arrangements :defeated:

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

TJF is one of the highlights of COCC, IMO, and I’m not sure he could have brought something else to that song, but who knows. I love both producers: Jack often brought a certain “spark” to their songs, but Rick is better with his piano melodies, plus those romantic arrangements :defeated:

i really love this song, but something is missing.   but i have to say with white dress jack did it right

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Just now, blackestday89 said:

i really love this song, but something is missing.   but i have to say with white dress jack did it right

White Dress is magical. Although different from the greatest, it’s a nice successor (which I didn’t think it could be possible). And the piano melody is superb (which is never Jack’s strongest suit :true:)

I'm having an out of body experience listening to White Dress. Crying in the office, thinking about a past I never had.

It's been a while (months) since I listened to it, so it feels like the first time again

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

9 minutes ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

I'm having an out of body experience listening to White Dress. Crying in the office, thinking about a past I never had.

It's been a while (months) since I listened to it, so it feels like the first time again

White Dress aged so well... I loved it when I first heard it (even though the vocals threw me off a bit) but it gets even better with each listen :icant:

giphy.gif

Chemtrails is the most relaxing album of all time I fear. I was so productive listening to it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Okay I love Chemtrails, but TJF feels unfinished and like it needed to be extended.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Okay I love Chemtrails, but TJF feels unfinished and like it needed to be extended.

:horror: unpopular opinion but I really dont like tjf. It's such a disjoint from the rest of the album and the autotune is :icant: the instrumental seems a bit wacky 

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

:horror: unpopular opinion but I really dont like tjf. It's such a disjoint from the rest of the album and the autotune is :icant: the instrumental seems a bit wacky 

I love the autotune, it’s kinda cute. But i just wish the song was longer and it didn’t just start out with YOUSHOULDSTAYTHATCLOSETOJESUS like pipe down queen, you didn’t need to come for us right off the bat, ease me into it. And then too i like the outro but i wanna be able to hear what’s being said better ugh. Plus the structure of the song is kinda weird. You have chorus, verse, chorus, post chorus, verse, then chorus, post chorus, outro.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I didn't care for this song once we got it because she gave us a snippet way too early for it to be much of anything new but maybe this would have helped