Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

1 minute ago, brandon said:

with all this lytan talk, i’m thinking about how she contemplated putting dealer on chemtrails :oic2: 

top tier song but oh wow that would’ve been so random of her it would’ve stuck out like a sore thumb 😭 

My unpopular opinion is that Dealer would have fit nicely after Breaking Up Slowly :true:

1 minute ago, brandon said:

nah, we did get a picture of a potential track list that’s framed inside the studio she worked on it at! it had lytan and a few alt titles on it

i said dealer … :hooker:

my bad :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, brandon said:

:candy:

also! here’s that handwritten tracklist 

I remember it! But i could have sworn it was an insider who posted it, not someone from her team.

even the reddit post says their friend works in the studio and found it

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

:candy:

also! here’s that handwritten tracklist 

oh yes this is what i was thinking of! for some reason in my memory i thought it was written on a whiteboard actually in the studio while they were working on the album and jack posted it :rip:

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I remember it! But i could have sworn it was an insider who posted it, not someone from her team.

even the reddit post says their friend works in the studio and found it

oh yeah, definitely not someone from her team, but not really an insider either 

just someone who happened to come across it and wanted to share it i guess

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love that selfie so much 

such a cute photo and the triple single release was a serve with the picsart covers truly showed how much she cares about putting out what SHE wants like the queen she is :oprah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

19 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i love that selfie so much 

Yes, I love it too. Though I do hope for no selfies this era. But I’ll be okay with it

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Wild at heart is a pure bundle of joy. For every song she made that truly hits the epitome of sadness, angst and despair, Wild At Heart is the antithesis. It's youth, love and free will all wrapped up in a garland of roses. The feeling of sun on your skin and wind in your hair. Riding on the back of a pickup truck, arms stretched out to the horizons with a smile on your face. I don't think we EVER got a song where she sounds so fucking happy. She was on top of the world, and it radiates here. 

tumblr_myvqmkBGrz1skiltjo6_250.gifv

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

26 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Wild at heart is a pure bundle of joy. For every song she made that truly hits the epitome of sadness, angst and despair, Wild At Heart is the antithesis. It's youth, love and free will all wrapped up in a garland of roses. The feeling of sun on your skin and wind in your hair. Riding on the back of a pickup truck, arms stretched out to the horizons with a smile on your face. I don't think we EVER got a song where she sounds so fucking happy. She was on top of the world, and it radiates here. 

tumblr_myvqmkBGrz1skiltjo6_250.gifv

go off

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 hours ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

yesterday i was at a record store and i found the transparent blue vinyl of COCC, two copies two, i cant believe they're still on the shelves:um2:

One man's trash is another man's treasue

Chemtrails picture disc only 26,99€ at her shop.

They ship in a few countries.

https://store.lana-del-rey.de/p51-i0602435592718/lana-del-rey/chemtrails-over-the-country-club-picture-disc-2-/index.html

I've warmed up to Chemtrails a lot since its release. I wish I could start fresh with the album with the expectations that I have for it now versus that I had when I went into it. I think anything coming after NFR was hard to live up to and to have reasonable expectations for.

The 1-2-3 punch of White Dress into Chemtrails into Tulsa Jesus Freak is one of her best three track runs, and I also think it contributed to the rest of the album falling flat for me at first, even though a lot of the rest of the songs are great too. Those first three songs just feel innovative, special, and next-level. Starting with those three songs and then ending with two very forgettable ballads made it feel like the album was on a descent in quality as I continued listening, even though it's mostly pretty good. White Dress through Breaking Up Slowly is a solid album. I think it should've just been those 9 tracks, maybe with it ending on Yosemite instead of Breaking Up Slowly.

I definitely have come to prefer Chemtrails over BB. I like that Chemtrails feels more focused, concise, and purposeful compared to BB. And while Chemtrails has grown on me, BB has aged poorly for me. I hope I come to appreciate BB as much as I've come to appreciate this album.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore