Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

6 minutes ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

LMLYLAW is one of Lana's best songs....a gorgeous Mazzy Star homage... :true:

:true:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, clementines said:

LMLYLAW grew on me a ton & is one of my faves, it just shouldn’t have been a single imo.

I can definitely see why you feel that way. I think I liked it as a single because it's so mellow and uncontroversial - it was nice to see her release something that wasn't polarizing in the slightest in the midst of the chaos of the COCK promo cycle. Definitely not her most EXCITING single though 

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

On 2/21/2023 at 7:47 AM, margaret soty said:

:wub:

I never heard of this Youtuber but just took a look. He's a sweet person. The anti-Fantano - who i hate with a passion. Thanks, I'm following him now. :heart:

4 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I never heard of this Youtuber but just took a look. He's a sweet person. The anti-Fantano - who i hate with a passion. Thanks, I'm following him now. :heart:

yes, he appreciates Lana's music very much. He is currently reacting to Blue Banisters songs, while Ocean Blvd is coming.

21 minutes ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

I can definitely see why you feel that way. I think I liked it as a single because it's so mellow and uncontroversial - it was nice to see her release something that wasn't polarizing in the slightest in the midst of the chaos of the COCK promo cycle. Definitely not her most EXCITING single though 

i think it’s a really beautiful and simple love song that gets way too much hate imo. it’s not her best by any means. however, i do think its one of those songs that you kinda have to listen to at the right time to appreciate it. i absolutely adore the bridge and think the vocal production on the whole song is just gorgeous. the lyrics may be simple, but i think that’s the beauty of it. 

giphy.gif

Two years since Chemtrails' release today :oprah2:

Happy bday and thank you for giving us Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite, Dark But Just A Game etc :hooker:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

this album really grew on me, it has become one of my favs from Lana. it's so sweet and comforting, i love it! happy birthday chemtrails :kiss:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I have such a soft spot for this album. I feel like I completely understand what she was aiming for with it. It’s a shame it was so overshadowed by the controversy and state of the world at the time. I remember listening to White Dress for the first time and crying, hahaha… It hit something deep in me. Potentially her most beautiful album to me.

I love ms. Cocc :oprah:

She gave us this optimistic and nostalgic record with some solid bops. White Dress will forever be that bitch. Wild at Heart is so fucking cute. Tulsa Jesus Freak & Dark But Just A Game need to introduction. Yosemite has scalped thousands if not millions of innocent people over the world.

Happy bday Chemtrails :krylie:

Happy as the moonshine

Happy bday, Chemtrails!

I’m glad I came back listening to you when March came around: you truly hit hard on your release month :flutter: You were not in an ideal position, following Norman, but you are subtlety complex and beautiful. With your sister BB, this fan base will need to revisit you, in the years to come, to appreciate you more. ❤️

Happy birthday Chem :gclap: Thank you for giving us White Dress (a top 10 Lana lyric), Wild at Heart, Tulsa Jesus Freak and the title track.

I want to say that I love For Free, appreciate Breaking Up Slowly and absolutely despise Dark But Just A Game (cringe) and Not All Who Wander Are Lost (the most boring Lana song). Yosemite I loved at first, now it feels forgettable.

AND she brought blonde Lana back!

Chemtrails Over the Contry Club Alternate Cover.jpgLana Del Rey - Chemtrails over the Country Club (song).png

Some of her coolest artworks.

Who is Lana Del Rey? In Conversation with Jack Antonoff

One of her hottest shoots.

The Land of Gods and Monsters

One of her best videos.

White Dress GIF by Lana Del Rey - Find & Share on GIPHY

And one of her best songs.

Her most cohesive record (after HM) as far as sound goes. It’s incredibly special to me, like a good conversation with a close friend or a road-trip with your besties from the beach back to the city, as sunset is setting.

Thank you for everything Chemtrails :wub:

IMG-7960.jpg

Chemtrails will always be one of my favorites, I have such a soft spot for it. The run from White Dress -> Tulsa Jesus Freak is flawless. Yosemite was my most anticipated track after being teased for 4 years and it was well worth the wait, it’s probably in my top 10 Lana songs. Dark But Just A Game, Wild at Heart, LMLYLAW & NAWWAL are all amazing, everyone did so much on Breaking Up Slowly when it was released, it’s honestly a nice track.