Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

chemtrails, dark but just a game, not all who wander are lost, yosemite, and breaking up slowly are the hits

i feel like the vibe of chemtrails is definitely like...flannel jackets, beer in paper bags, roadtrips, running away from the city

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

who the fuck taught whoever it is that said "school" as "skoo-el"??????? ugh

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This song is still in my COCC holy trinity along with White Dress and the title track <3

Spoiler

also not me thinking I could find this thread by looking up "cocc post-release" :deadbanana:

On 4/25/2023 at 6:03 PM, American Whore said:

who the fuck taught whoever it is that said "school" as "skoo-el"??????? ugh

Marsha Brady? Lol

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Marsha Brady? Lol

stop i forgot she said it that way too :icant:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This album really has aged like fine wine to me - and it's just 2 years old. But it's beautiful and its essence is powerful. Even the ones I consider weaker songs (Let Me Love You Like a Woman, For Free) are cute, and I love everything else in it.

Also, the White Dress - Chemtrails over the Country Club - Tulsa Jesus Freak and the Wild at Heart - Dark but Just a Game - Not All Who Wander Are Lost - Yosemite - Breaking Up Slowly are two of her greatest songs run in my opinion. In my top 3 for sure :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

As much as I love L…Woman, and even if it feels like a UV period song, Pink Champagne deserves some kind if official release. 

An outtakes compliation’d be lovely.

and this is me saying this as someone who usually just takes things as they are from a listener perspective. It’s just too good

UV/Honeymoon

wow well i saw this thread on the main page and i just thought i'd say the reception to this album was quite sad to witness i feel like lana has come a long way personally and artistically and this album pretty much sums all of that up (for me)

i dont know quite how to describe what i mean by that, i just think of chemtrails as an album where she was just living in the moment and was at peace. technical critiques aside and i almost never judge lana's work by any sort of technical standard either but i think chemtrails is a fine body of work as is though i think it could have benefitted from 2-4 more songs like an 11 track lana album just feels wrong but we're spoiled, and the shortness adds to its charm in a way so idk...

i go back to chemtrails quite a bit for wild at heart and dark but just a game, i adore both of those

and not all who wander are lust is a great track, very underrated, songs like this, tnc, ltli are all very similar to me and are some of her best work go stream

while the era was truly a huge letdown especially after nfr it was pandemic times and post-qftc so there were some factors working against it and shes already an artist who just puts it out there and moves on 

all in all i look back at this album fondly all the mess aside the music itself is good, beautiful, and extremely serene.

subsequently, blue banisters also gets harsh critiques....i think there are some points to be made for that and its less upsetting for me to see bb shade. its majority unreleased and the rest are very beautiful tracks but lacked excitement

songs like violets for roses are beautiful, but listening it the first time just felt a little predictable

and thats not a bad thing either just saying

she did say this album was where she was where shes going where she whatever, so i take that into account with the fresh material off bb

still, bb is very enjoyable with some excellent songs i mean the whole album is great i think the weakest is beautiful but still enjoyable.

more than anything i would like a further explanation of bb and what the intention or thought was behind some decisions made for the tracklist

theres my tangent 

If this had a better cover I would’ve liked it a lot more immediately, and I know this because once I changed the cover on my Apple Music I liked the album 10x more :thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・