Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

19 minutes ago, taco truck said:

If this had a better cover I would’ve liked it a lot more immediately, and I know this because once I changed the cover on my Apple Music I liked the album 10x more :thumb3:

it also worked for me :omfg2:

On 3/19/2021 at 5:19 AM, takeitdoen said:

more introspective and special than NFR

On 3/19/2021 at 5:08 AM, Salvatore91 said:

Honestly this is her best album.  100%.  Surpasses NFR by miles, IMO.  <3 

lmaooooo people just lie when an album is fresh and new. :twirls:

2 minutes ago, Um Chile Anyways So said:

i can't stand for free but i think it suits the album

It’s not even that bad :smokes: my theory is that get free for a lot of people represents a very bad time in the fandom…… it’s like emotional attachment but in a bad way

tlVS14s.jpgsitting here thinking about how this picture was probably supposed to be the album cover and it was probably someone at her label who brought up the nonissue of it not having any poc, which is why when lana posted the actual cover on insta she went on that weird little mini rant in the comments talking about how her friend group is diverse and not just white girls (which nobody in the comments mentioned in the first place) 

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

tlVS14s.jpgsitting here thinking about how this picture was probably supposed to be the album cover and it was probably someone at her label who brought up the nonissue of it not having any poc, which is why when lana posted the actual cover on insta she went on that weird little mini rant about how her friend group is diverse and not just white girls (which nobody in the comments mentioned in the first place) 

is the text on it real? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

is the text on it real? 

not official or anything no, just an edit (i have no idea who made it tho :trisha:)

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

I’m sick of the disrespect this album gets!!

chemtrails is one of her most cohesive albums ever and i will die on that hill!

18 hours ago, brandon said:

tlVS14s.jpgsitting here thinking about how this picture was probably supposed to be the album cover and it was probably someone at her label who brought up the nonissue of it not having any poc, which is why when lana posted the actual cover on insta she went on that weird little mini rant in the comments talking about how her friend group is diverse and not just white girls (which nobody in the comments mentioned in the first place) 

Waitamin....

britney-spears-conspiracy-theory.gif

18 hours ago, brandon said:

this cover is perfect... and having the features (Nikki Lane, Zella Day & Weyes Blood) on it is better than that picture of random people sitting at a table. :flop:

also thinking about how neil was there for the chemtrails music video shoots but the only two pics we got were the one of the red car and her with the wolf….. i know that man took more photos… WHERE ARE THEY

It’s def not her best album but it’s aged pretty well. But I would never call it introspective lol. Besides White Dress the rest of the album is just about vibes and the oh so terrible perils of fame lmao :eyeroll3: I like to put it on in the morning sometimes when I just wanna feel relaxed. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just re-listened to this small almost-masterpiece and I agree with the users who labeled this album as introspective. It’s clear that being on the road clearly fueled some inspiration for the making of this record. Yes some songs were made during the NFR sessions but some of them were made afterwards and they serve a specific thematic purpose throughout the entire thing: how the burden of fame started to take a toll on Lana and serve rn as a catalyst to the dreams of living a simpler, more reclusive life. Sadly, the pandemic halted the entire project: it would’ve been nice to see a proper rollout; even beyond that, I wish Lana had capitalized on the concept of the bored and aloof housewife she teased for that video Charlie made for Interviewmag.

After NFR’s exploration of the collapse of the American Dream, it would have been nice to see Lana exploring an aesthetic and overall aching theme of a rich housewife who longs for something else even if she, by choice, chose to live that kind of life. Can you imagine if she had expanded on that? I can already imagine the Petra Collins visuals for the album artwork. All of this with blonde Lana! Ugh, sometimes I wish I was her creative manager.

IMG-7960.jpg

I love it so much, it's my top 5 Lana album. It's so sad that it gets that much hate.

The album sounds so serene and it's actually very diverse. There are beatsy tracks, ballad-y tracks, folky tracks, dreamy/vibey tracks. I love the production very much, Jack isn't my favorite producer but he is my favorite musician. He balanced the album's sounds well, he can play an instrument amazingly, especially in White Dress. Also I love the detailed sounds in COTCC song. 

I love the lyrics too, they're introspective and diaristic but they're also like a dialogue from an old movie but also a stunning scenery from a movie or like a beautifully written description of a place from a book.

I also loved how she sampled Is It Wrong's chorus in Dancing Till We Die bridge. The whole album channelled Lizzy, especially May Jailer.

NFR - Violet Bent Backwards - COTCC was a great trilogy, not gonna lie! 💐

url%5D