Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

1 hour ago, HyperVelvet said:

Anyway have y'all seen f*ntano's review? He gave it 7/10 :eek3:

Considering how much he hated Lana's music early on (UV 2/10?? Gimme a break!) 7/10 is a pretty good score from Fantano. And he didn't mention any of the controversies surrounding Lana's social media postings of the past months, kudos for that.

26 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

rs-318-magazin-5-656x369.jpgOmg... I need this picture in HQ, she's perfect :crai:

"Americas dark queen" :makeup2:

@drugsdesire I also couldn't find one. Trusting the german gays, they will run to the next store and get it for us :makeup2:

27 minutes ago, CatchTheBreeze said:

Considering how much he hated Lana's music early on (UV 2/10?? Gimme a break!) 7/10 is a pretty good score from Fantano. And he didn't mention any of the controversies surrounding Lana's social media postings of the past months, kudos for that.

2/10 :wtf3:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

8 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

does anyone else hear Lana say " I'm like leaving him" in the background of Tulsa Jesus Freak? like as if she recorded herself talking to her friend? Like maybe Zella Day... weren't they both in Tulsa around the same time... I-

At some point I believed she was saying “If you never pray you’ll never learn, you know what I’m saying?” 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

does anyone else hear Lana say " I'm like leaving him" in the background of Tulsa Jesus Freak? like as if she recorded herself talking to her friend? Like maybe Zella Day... weren't they both in Tulsa around the same time... I-

genius says that she says ‘I like living here’ in the background at some point but idk

kinda ironic that she says ‘y’know what I’m saying?’ when nobody knows what she’s saying :awkney: 

RVhKIwP.gif

Not me being too stupid to realize that the “court almost burned down my home” lyric is about Courtney Love [instead of actual court or a royal court]... :eek2:

on “Dance Till We Die,” her ladies-of-the-canyon-themed answer to Le Tigre’s “Hot Topic,” where she recounts dancing with Joan Baez and putting out a house fire with Courtney Love” -Rolling Stone’s review

giphy.gif

I'm frustrated that Lana won't get a US #1 with this because of Mustin but I'm excited that a UK #1 is pretty much secured :cuteface:

I feel like this will never be my favorite Lana record, but I love it so much. It really does feel like an "in-between" for me like she describes it. I feel like her and jack had no real plan and were just messing around in the studio, and out of that these songs just happened. Wild at Heart for example; I can totally picture her singing this and them being like "hmm lets put this over the HTD riff" and they just stuck with it lol. The album is just so raw and playful, it almost makes sense that a more fully realized and fleshed out record (RCS:oic2:) could actually be ready as this album feels like a transition to something bigger! 

H0bDaqU.gif

I ran the article [poorly] through Google Translate in the Rolling Stone thread, but here are the two biggest takeaways:

Most recently I wrote an eleven minute poem.  It's called "My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly, I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong".

What instructions did you give your producer Jack Antonoff particularly often?  "Let yourself go!" "Be wilder!"  “More twists at the end of the songs!” And whenever I got stuck, I asked him about chord progressions I could sing on.

giphy.gif

I just got my vinyl and I’m SO SO SO relieved that the front and back cover are the same black and white tones, and Lana just added a filter on her Instagram post :worship:

"Don’t forget me"

17 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I ran the article [poorly] through Google Translate in the Rolling Stone thread, but here are the two biggest takeaways:

Most recently I wrote an eleven minute poem.  It's called "My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly, I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong".

What instructions did you give your producer Jack Antonoff particularly often?  "Let yourself go!" "Be wilder!"  “More twists at the end of the songs!” And whenever I got stuck, I asked him about chord progressions I could sing on.

We need more twists Miss Jackie. 

giphy.gif

As much as I'd love a full song like the bridge of DTWD, I also adore how it stands out in the song... like it's fairly gentle and steady, and then there's that amazing climb as it builds up to I WENT DOWN TO WOODSIDE :hype::pussypower:... and then you come back out on the other side, like you're exiting a tunnel or something. It's gorgeous :wub:

o4qjp4j.png

Why is everybody suddenly dragging COCC and saying NFR is better? Norman is beautiful but COCC is more interesting and intimate to me. Norman's great but maybe too great, too obviously great. COCC is a hidden gem. 

Well even with me not connecting with COTCC, I finally tried listening to JB’s new album and based off the first few songs, it sounds absolutely juvenile and makes COTCC sound like the best thing ever created. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore