Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

37 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

LFL, NFR and Paradise are not cohesive. Literally the opposite of cohesive, beloved :eartha:

NFR is not cohesive? it's 99% the same producer sweety. I don't think you know what the word means.

7 hours ago, Creyk said:

This mashup is so amazing, it brings out a sad sweetness in COCC. If you like mashups, you should listen.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vpkRTcq-c[/media]

This is probably what jack wanted cocc title track to sound like :thumb3:

it's really good and clean though

lights, camera, acción

I've had this album on shuffle since it got released and tbh I can't stop listening to it, it's so good :creepna3:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I really hope lyrically she doesn’t repeat herself on RCS. ‘We did it for fun for free, I’m wild’ ‘candle in the wind’. It would be embarrassing.  The words wild, free, blue and baby are banned.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I really hope lyrically she doesn’t repeat herself on RCS. ‘We did it for fun for free, I’m wild’ ‘candle in the wind’. It would be embarrassing.  The words wild, free, blue and baby are banned.  

I wouldn't mind her saying blue. It sounds so nice in her voice

My album ranking:

1. Honeymoon 

2. Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

3. Ultraviolence ( some songs remind me of harder, darker times in my life so it's hard to listen to them but it's still such a genius & brilliant album)

4. Lust for Life ( for personal reasons, it's just so good to have a more "happier" sounding album and the last three tracks reflect my mindset really good atm)

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell ( her album with the most skips for me ( like 4 songs lol) but I love the songs I love a lot like Venice Bitch, Bartender,  California, some songs are okay/ good but nothing more)

6  Paradise  /  A.K.A

7.Born to Die ( still like it and it's a good album but I love how she evolved & grew after it  so much)

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Pico Boulevard said:

My album ranking:

1. Honeymoon 

2. Chemtrails Over The Country Club 

3. Ultraviolence 

4. Lust for Life ( for personal reasons, it's just so good to have a more "happier" sounding album and the last three tracks reflect my mindset really good atm)

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell ( her album with the most skips for me ( like 4 songs lol) but I love the songs I love a lot like Venice Bitch, Bartender,  California)

6. Paradise  /  A.K.A

8. Born to Die ( still like it and it's a good album but I love how she evolved & grew after it  so much)

Glad to see Honeymoon getting the respect it deserves 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

There’s a cocc review in my dads Wall Street journal, was it already posted here?? 

I just found it online from a few days ago so I assume it was posted but here is the link. ngl he kinda made some points. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/chemtrails-over-the-country-club-by-lana-del-rey-review-tainted-by-expectation-11616448355

https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/le-mur-du-son/le-mur-du-son-24-mars-2021

France Inter Review of Chemtrails !

Original French available on the link, the below translation is my own. With Chemtrails over the country club, Lana Del Rey writes her letter to Hollywood, a declaration of folk love. Lana Del Rey, the glamour icon returns to sing to us with a poetic album, hovering and nostalgic for the 70s in the United States. A love letter to folk music, superbly produced by Jack Antonoff, with Lana Del Rey repeats and renews her success after the triumph of her album Norman Fucking Rockwell.

Chemtrails over the country club. Lana Del Rey’s seventh album and can be heard as a letter to her country, the U.S. But it’s above all a record that demonstrates her immense talents, as a writer and singer, which definitively places her next to her idols that have inspired her, from Joan Baez to Joni Mitchell, the latter who she covers on For Free. Her latest opus is the fruit of another collaboration with the excellent producer Jack Antonoff, who also worked with Lana Del Rey on her previous album Norman Fucking Rockwell, which was immensely successful and gained critical acclaim. However, on her latest album, which has been released a little less than a year after her album of spoken word poetry, has a unique sound, the background is full of guitars, tambourines, pianos and various cords, the sounds are alternately enticing, hopping, lancinating, or minimal, Chemtrails over the country club is in fact an expression of profound nostalgia for the past.

Lana Del Rey is nostalgic. In one of her poems, we hear her despair and passion for L.A. We feel that everything causes her pain, but that she still, cruelly, needs!

Her album offers, in fact, two ways to read it, and envokes the Lettre à France from Polnareff in 1977. This is a true declaration of love, where Lana Del Rey sings about her grief for her country, as if in exile. But we can also see the album as a women’s desperate letter who is far from the man who she loves.

A dual meaning that is well executed.

The original diva of Lake Placid dreams of a certain America, vintage, chic and glamourous, she celebrates country and folk music, which allows us to breathe some of this air of freedom and lack of worry that was blowing through the US in the 70s.

“Chemtrails” are those plumes of clouds that planes leave in the sky above the country club, but it is also a metaphor for evoking the stigmas of a faltering American democracy.

If Lana Del Rey is nostalgic for the America of the past, she is also especially worried about her search for identity. “Are these my good years, or do I have none?” She wonders on Breaking Up Slowly.

Chemtrails over the Country Club, a France Inter album that came to us well with a postscript signed by Lana Del Rey:

« Pour- la- liberté » !

Lana Del Rey’s new album out now.

1 hour ago, Doin Time said:

You should stay real close to Jesus
If you don't pray, you'll never learn
Keep that bottle at your hand, my man
You know what I'm sayin'?

tenor.gif?itemid=12318828

The If you don’t pray, you’ll never learn and the little laugh change the whole experience of listening to this masterpiece :wipe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆