Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

3 hours ago, HighbytheSea said:

Hi this album's perfect. Not All Who Wander, Dark But Just a Game, Wild at Heart the Holy trinity. Midalbum set of masterpieces. Period. DBJAG a successor and sister of The Greatest; "the best ones lost their minds" is a lyric delivered with a knowing that she too, damn right, is one of the best. Not all who Wander, one of her most stunningly beautiful performances-a true princess of nature and the souls lost in its vastness. Wild at Heart is just a classic, another to stand shoulder to shoulder with her best and most accessible songs.Yosemite widens its massive canyons of emotions with each listen. White Dress has a buildup so sincere with a murderously beautiful melody, that it stands separate from almost all of her previous songs. The title track is so deeply ingrained into me by now that its true comfort, a song of shimmering doom and ennui. BUS hurts when you need it to, and that's all I ask of it. Dance Till We Die flips the switch so hard it causes the ground to shudder. A hippy swoon that breaks down into her boldest, most fun, and successful vocal performances. LMLYLAW is loving and truly vibes like a stoner in bliss, and also-she was first. And For Free. It's perfect. She has found her fellow Ladies of The Canyon, and they're beautiful, all three.

Lana Del Rey's best album [end exhaustive rant]

Couldn’t have said it any better. :mariah:

The midsection of the album oozes comfort like barely any other album I’ve ever heard. And it’s a very refreshing new perspective from Lana. She’s assuring us of her position, building our confidence alongside her, so we‘ll be able to join her successfully in her vengeance on RCS :oop: 

Rock diva era incoming soon™️ :grr:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 minute ago, Distantly said:

Do we know who the three men/groups are?!

Jack White, Pearl Jam and Paul McCartney

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

10 hours ago, HighbytheSea said:

Hi this album's perfect. Not All Who Wander, Dark But Just a Game, Wild at Heart the Holy trinity. Midalbum set of masterpieces. Period. DBJAG a successor and sister of The Greatest; "the best ones lost their minds" is a lyric delivered with a knowing that she too, damn right, is one of the best. Not all who Wander, one of her most stunningly beautiful performances-a true princess of nature and the souls lost in its vastness. Wild at Heart is just a classic, another to stand shoulder to shoulder with her best and most accessible songs.Yosemite widens its massive canyons of emotions with each listen. White Dress has a buildup so sincere with a murderously beautiful melody, that it stands separate from almost all of her previous songs. The title track is so deeply ingrained into me by now that its true comfort, a song of shimmering doom and ennui. BUS hurts when you need it to, and that's all I ask of it. Dance Till We Die flips the switch so hard it causes the ground to shudder. A hippy swoon that breaks down into her boldest, most fun, and successful vocal performances. LMLYLAW is loving and truly vibes like a stoner in bliss, and also-she was first. And For Free. It's perfect. She has found her fellow Ladies of The Canyon, and they're beautiful, all three.

Lana Del Rey's best album [end exhaustive rant]

I agree. For me, it is her best by far. It's the only LDR album I can place on 'shuffle' and enjoy all the songs (except one, which I can listen to, but just don't much care for). I love songs like 'Old Money,'  '13 Beaches,' and 'The Greatest,' but I find myself really pleased with this album of generally lighter, brighter, more 'positive' songs, which are also dreamy and wistful in a good way. It doesn't seem self-conscious at all. I'm thrilled with the buoyancy of 'Wild At Heart,' it's like the old LDR again, who I miss. I think 'Yosemite,' if there's any justice, will go on to be covered by a lot of artists in the coming years and decades, and 'White Dress' as well. 

From the first day it was announced, I had a quiet, secure good feeling that COCC would be good--I guess it was intuition. I never worried. I didn't care for at least half of 'NFR!', but I like Jack's production on COCC, and of course Rick's on 'Yosemite.' 

Has anyone figured out what the two presumably male voices are saying in the background on 'NATWW'? 

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Not Nikki Lane saying Lana wants to lean into the country sound... call for help.

YAAS ( but i still want other genres from her like surf punk and grunge and psychadelia

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

okay! since my first listen i hadn't really gone back to the album much, except for TJF, WD and occasionally DBJAG.

my first listen was with my bestie outside in nature with a bottle of wine and some strawberries - it was nice and being in nature and the sunshine def added to the overall album experience. right now i've just listened to the album fully through twice, albeit not in the best settings - literally just cleaning my room with the sun coming thru my window lmao - but i just really felt like i needed another listen since all the discussion here is kinda lost on me since i almost had no thoughts on the album before, yknow? :bliss:

so my thoughts as of this moment are this:

• this is definitely an album you need to be outside to really enjoy. im glad summer is coming up so that can be more of a possibility!
  • the album feels really short? like really really short?
  • they weren't kidding when they said this album was stripped back, lmao
  • im obsessed w the autotune on TJF - Lana and Bladee collab happening when????
  • DBJAG reminds me of a cross between red hot chilli peppers and the beatles
  • i actually really like For Free!
  • BUS is great - gives me similar vibes to GKIT, really haunting and melancholy

i dunno.... for me, the album is okay. but its just kind of.... a "nothing" album, in a way? it doesn't make me feel or think much, aside from a couple of songs. im sure i'll like it much more when i get to listen again out in nature, but for now im just kinda...... idk. its weird. i feel like i have nothing to say about it in a way?? its so strange??? im happy we have it, but i guess im ready to move on. idk

Wq9zHLl.jpg

22 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

The way it's my second favorite album by her and nobody seems to really like it :bebe: 

omg i think many of us love it! myself included– it's def up there with my fav albums from her (UV, HM).

aOaIzH2.gif

this is probably the first ever lana album that i haven't wanted to go back to, i used to always crave to listen to her albums every day whenever it was brand new, with chemtrails i often completely forget that it exists until i see my vinyl in the corner of my room :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e