Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

this is probably the first ever lana album that i haven't wanted to go back to, i used to always crave to listen to her albums every day whenever it was brand new, with chemtrails i often completely forget that it exists until i see my vinyl in the corner of my room :toofunny:

I feel the exact same. With every Lana album, even Honeymoon, I crave to listen to it. COCC has been different. When I listen to it, I LOVE it. It’s an incredible album, but for some reason I don’t long to listen to it compared to previous releases.

Very weird lol.

Has anyone dug through the vocals of TJF? What is it exactly she's saying in the background of the last chorus? "You know I pray but never learn, you know what I'm saying? I'm like leaving {blank}" and idk what she's saying it bugs the absolute SHIT out of me

also wanted to add that guitar? synth? can't tell but on DBJAG at 0:40 going up when she sings "a pretty little fool" is a great attention to detail we need more of

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

omg i think many of us love it! myself included– it's def up there with my fav albums from her (UV, HM).

It's such a fully realised album. And there are no pointless filler tracks like Diet Mountain Dew, Coachella or The Next Best American Record. It flows so, so well. As a whole, it's definitely among her best albums.

My only issue with is that there are no cool upbeat tracks to liven up the mood a bit. Like what Doin' Time or High by the Beach did for NFR and Honeymoon.

i know she was going for folksy, but folk songs can be a hit too.

Basically, it's her worst album  when it comes to singles and the first one that's not charting at all single wise.

Like, I appreciate she doesn't care about making a hit. But I still wish she would keep the 'one song for the general public and the radio' approach that kept her in the charts before.

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

an updated ranking

UV = Honeymoon > LFL > Cocc > Btd = Paradise > Nfr

need an album that makes me feel anything againOprah GIFs | Tenor Cocc is so meh

It's above BTD?

Mfhp.gif

for me, it's actually difficult to not listen to it. it's a sophisticated record, n a lot more mellow than what we're used to, so w that I can understand that departure. but it's just awfully wholesome. aaannnnnnnd some of ya's might not be ready for that, and that's ok. COCC's a grower 

UV/Honeymoon

20 minutes ago, Dragon said:

for me, it's actually difficult to not listen to it. it's a sophisticated record, n a lot more mellow than what we're used to, so w that I can understand that departure. but it's just awfully wholesome. aaannnnnnnd some of ya's might not be ready for that, and that's ok. COCC's a grower 

Actually for me it's one of her easiest albums to listen to. I love Honeymoon but I have to be in a certain mood to hear it. COCC (and Norman too) is way more accessible for me. 

12 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

omg i think many of us love it! myself included– it's def up there with my fav albums from her (UV, HM).

Agreed. I LOVE IT. There's only one track I don't care for, and I wish she had sung all of 'For Free.' 

COCC is 'unshocking,' 'quiet,' 'meditative,' "there's no bangers," nothing as grim as 'Hope' and nothing as experimental (at least for LDR) as VB, LDR did not give it a lot of press support, and it seems to show her moving into a more mature phase of her career. And, on the day after its release, she announces RCS coming out in less than three months. So naturally a great deal of Stans and media people took that fact and ran with it instead of focusing on the just-released COCC. 

Someone above said COCC is "fully realized" and I agree 100% with that. 

52 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Lowkey how is Hey Blue Baby not on this album

Because she's saving for her new country album called "Johny Cash is my father, Dolly Parton is my mother, Nikki Lane is my bestest friend"

Love it when she says 

(But fuck it) :smokes3:

Life is sweet what-whatever baby :oop:

Don't ever think it's not :clapback:

When the whole world is crazy :grinds:

We're making out in the parking lot! :candy:

The line in Wanderlust that says “you talk to god like I do, I think you know the same secrets that I do” really reminds me of that “I’d rather know what god knows” part in Pawn Shop. She really was just listening to a bunch of her unreleased to get inspired LOL

2 minutes ago, Mrs Puff said:

I wish I could get into Wild At Heart but every time I listen to it I cant really think of it as its own song I just view it as a compilation of reused NFR scraps (from my least fav NFR songs) 

Ok same. Every now and then I get a tinge of Rodeo Cotton Candy, but I really just can’t hear anything other than HtD for the rest.