Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

"you know i'm praying but you never learn.... you know what I'm saying" ughhhhh LANA WHY DO YOU ADD THESE DETAILS THAT MAKE ME LOVE SONGS EVEN MORE

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I‘m crying. Writing this up as I listen. It flows so perfectly, she put together a fantastic track order; no skips, perfect length. The most beautiful small sister an album (NFR) has seen. Lana's mind is truly an enigma, because there is no explanation for how she keeps coming up with such stunning melodies.

BOPS: Tulsa Jesus Freak, Wild At Heart, Dark But Just A Game, Dance Till We Die

In regards to possibly one of her best bridges (in DTWD): If the next record is indeed more country and sounds like this, I'm totally down for it. Omg it’s absolutely gorgeous! Her voice! The tempo! The instruments! Yes! YES!!

Heart-clenching beautiful: Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Yosemite
Yosemite especially is a career highlight. Sweet baby, it felt like she cleansed me of all my sins
xgb3gEY.gif

Thoughts on White Dress‘ vocals, because I take any comparison to Stargirl Interlude serious af: Well that certainly wasn’t what I expected with „whale like noises“, but I‘ll take it. Her approach fits the song and makes it quite haunting. Also something we haven't heard her do before! Definitely not her saddest tho (Pawn Shop Blues and Fine China remain untouched)

All in all, she outdid herself and I am at awe at her progress as singer/songwriter. I have to say though, that „White Hot Forever“ would have fit as album title so much better. Sure, there are sometimes these sorrowful parts, but at it’s core this album is bright. Not only for all those hopeful lines:

• no more candle in the wind
  • just ‘cause you keep me believing
  • You make me feel invincible
  • I‘ll keep walking on the sunny side

But also because of its folkiness and desert feeling: not in a yeehaw way, but a hot, succulents, dusty, foreign way. For COTCC it’s missing the glamour tbh

So in conclusion when Lana sings in The Greatest about burnout, this album is the cure. It gives me this feel of healing; like taking deep, deep breaths. And I personally haven’t felt this comforted since I‘ve heard Lonely. And while it's a Tolkien quote, I really needed someone to tell me Not all those who wander are lost.

I'll treat her forever to Denny's or whatever she's craving. She deserves it. In the end, it may be dark, but it's just a game :spin:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Ranked

1. White Dress

2. Yosemite

3. Chemtrails over the country club

4. Dance till we die 

5. Tulsa jesus freak

6. Wild at heart

7. Dark but just a game

8. Not all who wander are lost

9. Let me love you like a woman

10. For free

11. Breaking up slowly 

How do y'all feel about the vape making a feature on White Dress :bebe:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1. White Dress is the best song on the album

2. Chemtrails is otherworldly, this one after White Dress is GOD-LIKE behavior 

3. Dark But Just a Game is lowkey a career highlight

4. The collabs are a DRAG and bring the album down I'm sorry. Why does Lana has adlibs and 1 verse in BUS? I love the lyrics but should've been straight Lana

I'M ON THE RUN WITH YOU MY SWEET LOVEEEEEE 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

How do y'all feel about the vape making a feature on White Dress :bebe:

i love it, especially knowing it was recorded kinda like PWYC, very freely, it feels like it fits :lange: kind of annoying at first but i've gotten used to it :bebe:

sUcVobB.png

This is better than NFR, don't @ me

She's trying stuff here that she did not on NFR. Safe album versus one that is quite experimental and quirky

I'll take the latter any day, even if all of the quirks aren't to my taste it's really good that she's not playing safe

Fuck safe

Dark But Just A Game and TJF are the best imo

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

as a hardcore NFR! lover, one thing ONE GOOD THING I want this out of this gorgeous album that is COTCC is that Jack Antonoff's name is not dragged through the mud on Lanaboards anymore. he gave us white dress and dbjag and tjf. HE HAS DONE GOOD. enough slander.