Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

i just knew that listening to this album for the first time with my bf (ex since yesterday) would be a mistake :hoe:

i really like the album itself though, it seems already to be somewhat timeless even if only a short period of time has passed so idk if it's safe to say yet. but kinda like honeymoon, i think that almost all of the songs just flow together so nicely that i see myself listening to the album in full years from now instead of just blasting my faves

Spoiler

white dress proving that 4/5 of her best classics begin with 'v' or 'w' 

Spoiler

5/5 if wayamaya counts

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

You're in the wind, I'm in the water
Nobody's son, nobody's daughter
Watching the chemtrails over the country club
Suburbia, Barbara Road Market
What to do next? Baby, we'll love it

Those are literally my favorite lyrics from the whole album. It's like having my soul transported to another place :xcry:

Not All Who Wander Are Lost has become probably Lana’s most special song to me. So comforting and affirming seriously the softest and prettiest she has ever sounded. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Do you guys think Chemtrails should’ve been called White Hot Forever instead? Or is Chemtrails better? Or Something else? 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

18 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Do you guys think Chemtrails should’ve been called White Hot Forever instead? Or is Chemtrails better? Or Something else? 

Chemtrails fits better with the whole sound and imagery. 

38 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Chemtrails fits better

And White Hot Forever would be such a controversial title after QFTC

45 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I think the title fits super well but I also feel like it’s a little long..all her titles (except NFR) all have like 3 or 4 syllables, but Chemtrails is a super long (for her) title 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I think Wild at Heart wouldve been an amazing album title. Not sure that WAH is a great title track or even if the album matches that title (I don’t really think COCC did either though) but I’d love that as an album title. 

1 hour ago, Distantly said:

I think Wild at Heart wouldve been an amazing album title. Not sure that WAH is a great title track or even if the album matches that title (I don’t really think COCC did either though) but I’d love that as an album title. 

I also agree WAH would be a slightly better title since she mentions being wild on more than one song..I think the biggest problem with COTCC is (and she said this herself) it wasn’t fully idealized. It’s personally one of my top albums from her, but it breaks off into so many different directions but there isn’t really a core theme other than it being beautiful music 

"Don’t forget me"

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I also agree WAH would be a slightly better title since she mentions being wild on more than one song..I think the biggest problem with COTCC is (and she said this herself) it wasn’t fully idealized. It’s personally one of my top albums from her, but it breaks off into so many different directions but there isn’t really a core theme other than it being beautiful music 

Agreed!!!

I mean I can see that it was about leaving LA and visiting middle America in some ways, but what does that have to do with “Chemtrails over the Country Club” per se lol. I think WAH would’ve fit that moreso. I mean COTCC is still a great album title but like you (and she) said, not fully realized. 

I actually think Chemtrails over the Country Club is an amazing title, and the album very much has a central theme throughout. It's about her growing resentment of fame and her desire to return to a simpler life. The title represents that unsettling unease that hangs over her everyday life and I think this theme is present on the majority of the tracks, sometimes explicitly and sometimes subtly.

Hey, guys! :party:

I finally finished my COTCC t-shirt and wanted to share with y'all! I tie-dyed a white t-shirt, then fully hand painted it with fabric ink. I might say the logo was painful to paint tho... Those serifs took away my will to live  :crai: lol. But everything turned out fine in the end. Hope you like it and give this anxious gal some love, this pandemic is far from over where I live and I'm melting down inside my room every single day. Thank god for Lana, amen.

click here to watch the video where i show it a bit more (IG).

MzPgIsH.pngkBP52it.png

2 minutes ago, Jujuba said:

Hey, guys! :party:

I finally finished my COTCC t-shirt and wanted to share with y'all! I tie-dyed a white t-shirt, then fully hand painted it with fabric ink. I might say the logo was painful to paint tho... Those serifs took away my will to live  :crai: lol. But everything turned out fine in the end. Hope you like it and give this anxious gal some love, this pandemic is far from over where I live and I'm melting down inside my room every single day. Thank god for Lana, amen.

click here to watch the video where i show it a bit more (IG).

MzPgIsH.pngkBP52it.png

CUTEEE

What do you guys think of Chemtrails now? It has been released for a few months already and I reckon most of you have formed an overall opinion of it.

I'd say that I really really enjoyed listening to it once it came out, had the entire album on repeat for around two weeks in a row, but then I stopped listening to it. Now it seems to me that it's kind of like a mood album, which I can only listen to once I'm in that specific mood. Currently, I haven't listened to it for quite some time, which is kind of upsetting

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

11 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

What do you guys think of Chemtrails now? It has been released for a few months already and I reckon most of you have formed an overall opinion of it.

I'd say that I really really enjoyed listening to it once it came out, had the entire album on repeat for around two weeks in a row, but then I stopped listening to it. Now it seems to me that it's kind of like a mood album, which I can only listen to once I'm in that specific mood. Currently, I haven't listened to it for quite some time, which is kind of upsetting

I have the title track on repeat, but only listened to the album 4 times. You certainly need to be in a certain mood to enjoy it

21 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

I really liked this album for 2 weeks when it was dropped, listening on repeat, but now I don't back too much. I still often listen TJF, title track, Dark, Yosemite and LMLYLAW, but that's it now. It's like you said- moody album you can only listen in specific mood.