Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

To the ones saying that COCC tanked, here are the current daily streaming numbers of Spotify:

NFR 930‘000

COCC 720‘000

LFL 560‘000

HM 330‘000

UV 680‘000

BTD 1‘700‘000

Now here‘s the deal,

cause you wanna talk about it:

Hide contents

It‘s not tanking :mj:

COCC came out two months ago, though :toofunny:

In a year from now, COCC's stats will be worse than Honeymoon's today 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, COCC said:

To the ones saying that COCC tanked, here are the current daily streaming numbers of Spotify:

NFR 930‘000

COCC 720‘000

LFL 560‘000

HM 330‘000

UV 680‘000

BTD 1‘700‘000

Now here‘s the deal,

Reveal hidden contents

these aren’t good stats sis.. :toofunny:

RVhKIwP.gif

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

NFR 930‘000

COCC 720‘000

LFL 560‘000

HM 330‘000

UV 680‘000

BTD 1‘700‘000

Now here‘s the deal,

Reveal hidden contents

Waiting for the day that my beloved HM will shine :krylie:

1 hour ago, COCC said:

NFR 930‘000

COCC 720‘000

LFL 560‘000

HM 330‘000

UV 680‘000

BTD 1‘700‘000

Now here‘s the deal,

Reveal hidden contents

poor honeymoon 

Was ARTPOP ahead of its time? - Gaga Thoughts - Gaga Daily

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, Contemplating God said:

COCC came out two months ago, though :toofunny:

In a year from now, COCC's stats will be worse than Honeymoon's today 

Yep. NFR, nearly 2 years old, has better stats than the fresh 2 months old CoCC. When CoCC is 2 years old, it’ll be interesting to see where it’s at by then.

In other news, idk if anyone else is like this too but it usually takes a couple years for me to finally fall in love with a Lana era. Idk why! For instance, just now I’m falling in love with NFR :facepalm:  Perhaps it really does have to do w maturity (Lana is significantly older than me)?! But anyway... while I’m not into the new BB songs right now, I’m wondering in which season of my life it’ll finally hit me :hooker:

i feel like chemtrails is going the Honeymoon route ngl

i remember everyone HATING Honeymoon when she first released it... like, noone liked the title track when she dropped it randomly during the summer, everyone said HBTB sucked as a lead compared to WC & everyone shat on the album once it was released

fast forward a few years and HM is seen as one of Lana's finest works

COCC is getting better and better with each listen, and idk how to describe it, but the album is just so hopeful for me?

listening to Dance Till We Die, Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Wild At Heart or For Free is soo uplifting imo. love love love it

image.png

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:

i remember everyone HATING Honeymoon when she first released it... like, noone liked the title track when she dropped it randomly during the summer, everyone said HBTB sucked as a lead compared to WC & everyone shat on the album once it was released

COCC is getting better and better with each listen, and idk how to describe it, but the album is just so hopeful for me?

listening to Dance Till We Die, Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Wild At Heart or For Free is soo uplifting imo. love love love it

It, just like Honeymoon, is a comfort album 

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:

Omg? Bae i wouldnt say EVERYONE was trashing it.. i loved that album and era from start to finish , and it even lead me to this forum, but, lovers of it were def in the minority for a minute. I also loved chemtrails from *after LMLYLAW* to finish, but i def see it being more appreciated as time passes by. The beautiful thing about that era existing solely within a pandemic is that it will always exist as a fever dream! Same with the blonde hair!

Listening to COCC has been my source of comfort as my office job has been very very stressful. 

Yosemite is a meditative experience :legend:

For Free is a nice arrangement. I have interpreted those two tracks (and a bit of White Dress) into about work and the weight of expectations and how it’s all relatively bullshit lol :creep:

chemtrails is a hidden gem, it's grown on me a lot, i normally see her previous albums in a different light when we step into a new era, cocc is my comforting nanna :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

chemtrails is a hidden gem, it's grown on me a lot, i normally see her previous albums in a different light when we step into a new era, cocc is my comforting nanna :xcry:

Happy you've seen the light :gclap:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The total lack of a promo on this album is a bit tragic. Not even because Lana moved on so quickly

You could send Breaking Up Slowly to alt/country radio stations (including Sirius) and it would be a new source of fans for Lana :kum:  Doesn’t even conflict with the Blue Banisters cycle!

And none of her features have been promo-ing it themselves that much either. 

ppl are saying that the 3 BB tracks we got last week must be laced with drugs because they're so good but have you heard White Dress :kum: I will never be over that song, it's mesmerisingly glamorous yet simple, it's something I have never experienced before yet something that feels like home

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

CoCc suffers from the same problems LFL did - indeciseveness, too many second thoughts and last-minute changes and an overdue collaboration with a producer that list its spark.

While LFL was crowded  and needed some trimming COCC turned out too short and felt unfinished. 

Both were released right after one of her artistic peaks.

I hope that means CoCc will be a palate cleanser just like LFL was and that BB - just like NFR - will be a return to forte. The triple singles indicate that this could actually be the case

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I feel its important to discuss since no one else seems to have mentioned the connection between Prince, Chemtrails, and this album

In let me love you like a woman theres the lyric "We could get lost in the purple rain" which is obviously a reference to the 1984 record and subsequent title track named Purple Rain by Prince . I bring this up because besides Lana, Prince is the only popstar (to my knowledge) who has brought attention to Chemtrails

For those who don't already know: Chemtrails/Contrails refers to the theory that governments or other parties add toxic chemicals to the atmosphere from aircraft in a way that forms visible plumes in the sky, somewhat similar to contrails. Various different motivations for this alleged spraying are speculated, including sterilization, reduction of life expectancy, mind control or weather control. 

In 2009, Prince did an interview on the Tavis Smiley show in which he discusses Chemtrails: "And you know, when I was a kid I used to see these trails in the sky all the time and ‘Oh that’s cool—a jet just went over.’ And then you started to see whole bunch of them and next thing you know everybody in your neighborhood was fighting and arguing and you didn’t know why". All the parts of the interview EXCEPT the part where Prince discusses the chemtrails conspiracy theory can be found on youtube. Any uploads of the Chemtrails segment of the interview get taken down immediately off youtube, you can draw your own conclusions for why they do not want people seeing the interview

Prince also sang about chemtrails in “Dreamer,” from his 2003 album “Lotusflower.”

"While the helicopter circles
And the theory’s getting deep
Think they’re spraying chemicals over the city
While we sleep?
From now on I’m staying awake
So you can call me a dreamer too
Wake up wake up"

Here is an article that goes more into detail, but in the conspiracy theory community, people think that Prince's death may have been attributed to him speaking out about the Chemtrails conspiracy: https://www.vocativ.com/311669/prince-the-conspiracy-theorist/index.html

Lana is literally trying to draw attention to this for a reason, and honestly it's concerning seeing everyone be passive, like fans will discuss the album endlessly without knowing what chemtrails even are, not even googling or researching what chemtrails are to dignify Lana's intentional inclusion of the topic 

Like the whole fact a major popstar is openly discussing a conspiracy theory and only seeing the term "chemtrails" mentioned in some tweet from a twink ranking Lana's albums for the 100th time that week

5 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

I feel its important to discuss since no one else seems to have mentioned the connection between Prince, Chemtrails, and this album

In let me love you like a woman theres the lyric "We could get lost in the purple rain" which is obviously a reference to the 1984 record and subsequent title track named Purple Rain by Prince . I bring this up because besides Lana, Prince is the only popstar (to my knowledge) who has brought attention to Chemtrails

For those who don't already know: Chemtrails/Contrails refers to the theory that governments or other parties add toxic chemicals to the atmosphere from aircraft in a way that forms visible plumes in the sky, somewhat similar to contrails. Various different motivations for this alleged spraying are speculated, including sterilization, reduction of life expectancy, mind control or weather control. 

In 2009, Prince did an interview on the Tavis Smiley show in which he discusses Chemtrails: "And you know, when I was a kid I used to see these trails in the sky all the time and ‘Oh that’s cool—a jet just went over.’ And then you started to see whole bunch of them and next thing you know everybody in your neighborhood was fighting and arguing and you didn’t know why". All the parts of the interview EXCEPT the part where Prince discusses the chemtrails conspiracy theory can be found on youtube. Any uploads of the Chemtrails segment of the interview get taken down immediately off youtube, you can draw your own conclusions for why they do not want people seeing the interview

Prince also sang about chemtrails in “Dreamer,” from his 2003 album “Lotusflower.”

"While the helicopter circles
And the theory’s getting deep
Think they’re spraying chemicals over the city
While we sleep?
From now on I’m staying awake
So you can call me a dreamer too
Wake up wake up"

Here is an article that goes more into detail, but in the conspiracy theory community, people think that Prince's death may have been attributed to him speaking out about the Chemtrails conspiracy: https://www.vocativ.com/311669/prince-the-conspiracy-theorist/index.html

Lana is literally trying to draw attention to this for a reason, and honestly it's concerning seeing everyone be passive, like fans will discuss the album endlessly without knowing what chemtrails even are, not even googling or researching what chemtrails are to dignify Lana's intentional inclusion of the topic 

Like the whole fact a major popstar is openly discussing a conspiracy theory and only seeing the term "chemtrails" mentioned is in some tweet from a twink ranking Lana's albums for the 100th time that week

lana doesnt know the difference between con and chemtrails is the easiest conclusion

image.png