Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Billboard article about Jack, and he mentions working with Lana a little bit: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9603256/jack-antonoff-producers-now-digital-cover-interview/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I remember watching Lana play [Joni Mitchell’s] “For Free” with Zella Day and Weyes Blood — this completely remarkable moment at the Hollywood Bowl [in 2019] — and her being like, “Let’s put this on the record!” Like, holy s--t! Of course! How could it not go on the record? That slipping of time — different generations of singers, playing songs of older artists they love at the Hollywood Bowl — of course that goes on [Chemtrails Over the Country Club].

Lana about Jack:
“What can you say about Jack Antonoff? For me, the magic of working with Jack was that he had that contagious energy when I had nothing more to give. He dragged me into the studio, I riffed over four songs and never did another take on them again. It’s one of the first times I just ad-libbed and had fun without thinking about what would end up happening to the songs since I made my first record. (Maybe I did a little bit of that with Ultraviolence, but that was a long time ago.) Besides his contagious energy, Jack plays any and every instrument you could ever imagine, from steel pedal to drums. He’s like a one-man show. You get to choose the genre, and he plays it all out. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a producer myself — but when it comes to musicianship, his talent is one of a kind. I love him, everybody loves him, and he’s very deserving of his ever-growing prestige.”

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

17 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I remember watching Lana play [Joni Mitchell’s] “For Free” with Zella Day and Weyes Blood — this completely remarkable moment at the Hollywood Bowl [in 2019] — and her being like, “Let’s put this on the record!” Like, holy s--t! Of course! How could it not go on the record? That slipping of time — different generations of singers, playing songs of older artists they love at the Hollywood Bowl — of course that goes on [Chemtrails Over the Country Club].

I agree 100% for free deserves more love

17 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Besides his contagious energy, Jack plays any and every instrument you could ever imagine, from steel pedal to drums. He’s like a one-man show. You get to choose the genre, and he plays it all out.

:eartha: :eartha2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

that man should be in prison tbh

:lmao:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

In my opinion, the standard cover works really well with  "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" title. The alternate cover doesn't reflect the title that much. So I'm happy with the choice. When I look at the current cover, "Dance Till We Die" also comes to my mind along with the title track; theme being wild, being free, being with your friends, enjoying your life even if it is not going the way you planned etc.

However after listening to this album for months, I also believe "Wild at Heart" title would be good. It embodies what I feel about this album and whole experience. It ties with running with the wolves theme at the end of the Chemtrails video. With this title alternate cover would work the best though.

Erj-KLb5-W4-AQ615j1.jpg

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Chemtrails should have been an EP. She could have just cut off Not All Who Wander Are Lost, For Free and Breaking Up Slowly. That way it would not fade out into a wave of bleakness during the second half AND it would not have taken such major space within her release schedule so that Blue Banisters could be released more quickly afterwards :hooker:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

9 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Chemtrails should have been an EP. She could have just cut off Not All Who Wander Are Lost, For Free and Breaking Up Slowly. That way it would not fade out into a wave of bleakness during the second half AND it would not have taken such major space within her release schedule so that Blue Banisters could be released more quickly afterwards :hooker:

agreed. somehow this album feels like it was rushed to be ready, but on the other hand, it took forever to come out. there is either too much or not enough. I love most of the songs, (IMO the title track and White Dress are both top 10 of her discography), but COCC really falls flat as an album. it either needs 2-3 tracks more or 2-3 tracks deleted. 

Spoiler

I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I personally don't like Dark But Just A Game too much so I wouldn't mind to see it gone

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Actually I appreciate this album more and more each day :smile2:

Beskrivning saknas.

I think the album was intended to be released on Sep 5..the Interview Magazine also said the same thing. ..

Lana's team wouldnt have anticipated the delays due to covid.  .it was evident that she was over COCC 1 day after it dropped coz the music was 1 year+ old alrdy

oh, HOW NICE a live performance of any COCC track would have been ?

Beskrivning saknas.

Maybe after many years have passed she can rerelease this as a “White Hot Forever” edition with some behind the scenes footage or a few demos or something and some novelty LDR spurs as merch idk,  because it’s clear that title fits the record soooo much better.. All of the visuals are very clearly casual ranch and not opulent country club, but getting the Chemtrails video first made it feel like that was supposed to be the “setting” for the record when it really is not.. I feel bad she had to change it and I understand why, hopefully one day WHF will get the treatment she deserves

UbsOye5.png