Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

I think it’s cute Lana feels the need to justify herself on this album:

“I only mention it ‘cause it was such a scene.”

“I only mention it ‘cause I’m ready to leave LA, and I want you to come.”

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I don't know where to post but I need to say this , I love Yosemite so so much. Easily one of my fave songs of hers. I can't rank her discography but I just know for me that I would put it in the top 10. Lyrically it might not be her best written song but still I love the lyrics a lot. I love the place  she is singing about. Also sonically it's somehow so mystical almost magical to me. The acoustic guitar,  the sound  effects:oprah: The bridge is one of my fave moments in her discography,  there is something so special about it. Also it might sound crazy  but Yosemite sounds like nature, like it channels the energy of an mystic , old  place somewhere in nature maybe even like a place like the actual Yosemite national park:trisha: 

Spoiler

One of my biggest dreams is to listen to Yosemite in the actual national park:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Tulsa Jesus Freak is still such a good & sensual song:oprah:  I really wish we would have gotten a music video for this song. It might sound crazy but I would have loved a cult themed music video for it shot by BRTHR. The back cover is giving me cult vibes as well. I know the song is not about a cult but I have to admit it makes me feel like I'm in a cult, visiting Arkansas & blowing out  candles while screaming White Hot Forever Amen in the wind while Niko & Topanga meowing in the background :hype:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

big same!! Hoping to do a national parks road trip next summer and make it happen :creepna3:

Omg that sounds amazing!! Hoping for you that it will happen :pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

A good overview of year-end list rankings can be found here:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2021/

So far COTCC has an aggregated ranking of 26

The same aggregated rankings for songs:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/songs/best/2021/

White Dress #28

Chemtrails #41

COTCC for me is the better Lana album of 2021. I’ll never forget that cold Monday in January when I was rushing to get home from work and listening to title track for the first time. It still gives me chills. 

WD-COCC-TJF is the best 1-2-3 punch. WAH/NAWWAL/DBJAG are all career highlights. Yosemite proves LFL was her at her peak, BUS is a missed soundscape (I love the smokey bar feel of the song) and Dance Till We Die’s bridge still hits so so hard! 

i know she killed the Chemtrails era basically the day after it came out by announcing RCS, but it deserved so much more 

"Don’t forget me"

I think Chemtrails is the better album for me out of the 2021 releases. To me, it has higher highs and I prefer its intimate atmosphere and shorter, more precise track list. 

Blue Banisters has lower highs and lower lows imo. I also just think it’s too long of an album with too much going on. It feels messy and less purposeful to me. 

On 12/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, Marius said:

It’s about time the song gets recognition. No shade to White Dress, but I feel like Chemtrails the song and TJF are being very underrated on these types of lists and deserve it over White Dress. 

On 12/9/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dealer Boulevard said:

I don't know where to post but I need to say this , I love Yosemite so so much. Easily one of my fave songs of hers. I can't rank her discography but I just know for me that I would put it in the top 10. Lyrically it might not be her best written song but still I love the lyrics a lot. I love the place  she is singing about. Also sonically it's somehow so mystical almost magical to me. The acoustic guitar,  the sound  effects:oprah: The bridge is one of my fave moments in her discography,  there is something so special about it. Also it might sound crazy  but Yosemite sounds like nature, like it channels the energy of an mystic , old  place somewhere in nature maybe even like a place like the actual Yosemite national park:trisha: 

Hide contents

One of my biggest dreams is to listen to Yosemite in the actual national park:wowcry:

Yosemite is an underrated masterpiece. I haven’t listened to it in the actual park, but listening to that magical atmosphere when the sun rises or sets is really an incredible and powerful moment as well.