Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Hi guys!!!!!! OK so

White Dress is a career highlight. I cried quite visibly, it was too much. The want and knowledge that we can't go back to those times, we just aren't those people anymore. 

-LMLYLAW slaps in album context and is now sexy

TjF-hot. Yup. That's it. F*ckin hot.

Wild at Heart should be the next single. An amalgamation of Greatest and How to Dissappear and possibly better than both.

DbJaG has a beat change that makes me want to crawl on the floor like a damn vampire. Sexy as all hell.

NAWWAL is too close to home. I ugly cried even though the songs not that heavy. It hurts alot.

Yosemite is too dense to unpack right quick. It's amazing but there's alot here. I need time.

BuS- hated Nicki, and I like her, but that's a whiskey song and I was drinking wine, so no judgement yet.

DtWD-The BRIDGEEEE. That's the whole statement. Shocking, jarring, perfect. Flex that skill my queen.

For free-a kind Witch coven crosses my path singing their hymns as I fish and say hello. I loved it. Needed a damn outro.

This is her most cohesive, reflective, painful album. Not cus it harbors the most pain, but our age, our eras, won't ever look the same, and she is serenading that loss, but the Hymn of hope is still there. Honeymoon unseated. A new Queen is here.

Nothing is what it seems.... Lana and we as fans made this weird hype about Yosemite and I think it's a beautiful song, but I'm not sure about it still.

Dark but just a game will pass into the history as one of her best songs without a video or any promotion... Dark Paradise, Cola, Brooklyn baby, Cherry, Cinnamon Girl.

I really hated the Zella Day collab (and I hate it to hate it cause Im a big fan of Lana and Zella as well)

Tulsa Jesus Feak is one of the best songs ever as we planned before guys lol

I think this album is super inspired in her life with his ex police boyfriend (I don't remember his name). You can hear real contry inspiration and lyrics about other parts of the US, besides California. I think this one is like the second part of NFR (a country version, with guitar as the first element in every song, like the piano was for NFR)

My top albums right now are:

Ultraviolence

NFR

Born to Die

Honeymoon

Chemtails

Lust for life

3 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Yes I love the way breaking up slowly sounds like Art Deco!

Yes & the way For Free sounds like Summer Bummer :ma:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

First listen through complete :rollin:Still have to take it all in, but wow. Haven't had an experience quite like that since hearing Honeymoon for the first time.
It will be a literal crime if she doesn't play these songs when she can tour again.

Time to take a stone-y shower and let the moonlight filter in and listen again. WOW :wub:

playing yosemite on the piano was the only thing that got me through my cocc abstinence after listening to the leak... i'm so proud i'm one of the first people outside of her team to learn the chord progression and it makes it all the more special to me :xcry: also the LOON i love it bring it back

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, paradiso said:

the pitchfork review of cocc was mind numbing...can't tell if it's my adhd making it hard to read/understand or if it's just p4k's usual pretentiousness 

It's not you. It's just bad writing.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png