Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

Just now, fucksforever said:

white dress might be her best song...

It's a monster, and manages to both reference the singing on, and be an answer song to those 'I wanna be a star' songs on AKA.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Just now, Poor Stacy said:

Another 3 star review from Alexis, who apparently thinks the album is about "the same old love story again". What a fucking idiot, lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/19/lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club-review

Cnxjdjsidixiaiixndjajsi

NOT YOU...NOT YOU...

Just now, fucksforever said:

white dress might be her best song...

Yes, ruminate on this! This whole album gave me serious pause of like, damn I actually hearing this artists actual best work, after a decade of loving her? It's monumental. 

(Look at me look at you look at what you made me do) 

Suck on that Taylor! (Jk I love Taylor but Lana stuck that shit right to her and delivered it better in NAWWAL)

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Another 3 star review from Alexis, who apparently thinks the album is about "the same old love story again". What a fucking idiot, lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/19/lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club-review

You know what - fuck the Guardian. Remember that last time they let his review stand as their Metacritic review, and then gave it album of the year :emma:

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

I have 0 respect for a music journalist who, after several years of blatantly disliking an artist to the point they can't even make an unbiased critique- STILL fucks up their name without any tact or remorse.

" but Del Ray may be forgiven for getting carried away." 

Alexis go to hell you balding freak

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

With a face like that, you're bound to be bitter about Lana's music. I feel like he wakes up at night just to hate on her.

2fMSwqA.jpg

In 2011 ?, she ? emerged ? as an aesthetic ? howitzer ?, exploding ?? a broad ?? but ? deeply ? personal ? index ☝ of iconography ? into her ?? own nation ?? of death-driven ☠️? kitsch. It was Xanadu ?, built ?‍♀️ from a blissful, degenerate ?, high-femme ?‍♀️ sort ? of jingoism. ???

1 minute ago, synecdoche2 said:

In 2011 ?, she ? emerged ? as an aesthetic ? howitzer ?, exploding ?? a broad ?? but ? deeply ? personal ? index ☝ of iconography ? into her ?? own nation ?? of death-driven ☠️? kitsch. It was Xanadu ?, built ?‍♀️ from a blissful, degenerate ?, high-femme ?‍♀️ sort ? of jingoism. ???

IFHXJGJSKKSKAK

I’m not sure how I feel about this album yet. I’ve only listened twice. It’s not my favorite as of yet, but I don’t dislike it. I generally like folk music and I don’t mind country. I guess because it’s so different? I’m just used to her albums having a different sound and I’m so used to that after listening to them for so long. I think it will definitely grow on me tho. As of now white dress gives me anxiety, I really like TJF. I’ve never heard any Yosemite clips from the past but it’s very different from what I was expecting. Not in a bad way. 

1 minute ago, Max said:

With a face like that, you're bound to be bitter about Lana's music. I feel like he wakes up at night just to hate on her.

2fMSwqA.jpg

Hey - no need to shame him for his looks when you have literally everything he's ever written as a testament to his shitkicker status.

2 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Don't forget us when you're head music writer at the Guardian.

Having a breakdown to White Dress :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, longtimeman said:

Hey - no need to shame him for his looks when you have literally everything he's ever written as a testament to his shitkicker status.

Not shaming his looks, Mr. Petridis just looks bitter AF. He radiates bitterness.

why can't she just write about love & romance, while also being melancholy and vulnerable without being scruntinized? there's nothing wrong with writing about love and being vulnerable in your art... :pft: i just find it really silly, i don't see why it's unusual...

Flower GIF - Flower - Discover & Share GIFs | Flowers, Beautiful night  images, Flowers gif