Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

868 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

17 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

Love this reaction!! He really appreciates her artistry like we do and I admire that 

I can't wait for caitlin maries and Ajaylls reaction! Cait already said that she will upload a reaction to COTCC tomorrow tho. if u dont know her, you should check her out!:gurl: she is cute af and cried to lana so many times when she was reacting to her whole discography (except aka) :nails:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

At first I thought that the album tracklist was a bit off. But now I can't see it ordered any other way. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I'm a bit underwhelmed by some of the other tracks but I did not expect Yosemite to sound this beautiful. It's really outstanding. Yosemite, White Dress and Tulsa Jesus Freak are top 15 songs for me.

White Dress:
STUNNING! A CAREER HIGHLIGHT!!! This song is beautiful,nostalgic, intimate & vulnerable. We never heard her singing like that before and I love it...it sounds so emotional and vulnerable...wow. The song is so nostalgic & reflective that it makes yourself thinking about your own simpler & better times. I LOVE the instrumentation in this song so much!!! The drums underneath her whispering singing voice and wheew it's an instant classic and one of her best openers. And did I already told you that I love tte vocaIs on this song. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! I'm not crying, you are crying:wowcry:

Chemtrails Over The Country Club:
Such a beautiful song. Love everything about it and it still sounds so fresh & hasn't aged a bit.:gclap:

Tulsa Jesus Freak: Such a sensual song and it awakes my inner stripper :sluttybunny:I love the production in this song , it's perfect. The background noises, her background vocals, the OUTRO!!!
The White Hot Forever and ever and ever Amen part lives in my head rent free and she is slightly shouting in this part:lange:The imageries she used in this song!!! The perfect use of auto tune !! Another Masterpiece!!!

Let Me Love You Like A Woman:
What a cute & lovely song!! Not the strongest song on the album but it's still a good song that makes me want to have a partner to cuddle with on cold winter days. And this songs actually summarizes the narrative of this album pretty good and sounds so good in the context of the album:krylie:

Wild At Heart:
I smoke cigarettes just to understand the smoke:diva:
I love this song like polka dots. The country undertones fit Lana so good. The " I left calabas "part is so gorgeous...wow..and her vocals in this song and especially in the bridge...wow..wow...they got me in my feelings and they hit me so hard. I could listen to her singing " cause baby I'm wild at heart " for the rest of my life. Also this song feels like a sequel of Love Song & How to disappear. I actually don't mind that she sampled an older song of hers in the chorus...lowkey love it:heart:

Dark But Just A Game:
The shifts in this song..brilliant. Whenever I listen to this song I want to touch myself & this song got me already grinding on the kitchen floor several times. The mysterious, dark & kinda sexy sounding verses made me feel like I'm a spy movie. And then the shift to the chorus which sounds more folkier and idk I just love it :oprah:But I'm LIVING for the verses and that little instrumental break / beat drop...makes me collapse every time..someone call the 911:air2:

Not All Who Wander Are Lost:
Such a simple & sweet song but it's so beautiful. Her vocals on this track!!
It makes me feel like I'm in a magical forest full of fairies. This song makes me also quite happy. By the way I'm a hoe for acoustic guitar songs, so no wonder I loved it since the first listen and I always wanted Lana to release a song like this:defeated:

Yosemite:
Yosemite is so different from what I expected it to be. I thought it would sound way happier but I love how this song turned out. It's actually bittersweet to me. I understand about what place she is singing but it's hard for me to describe or explain it. Yosemite makes me want to reach this place she is singing about but I'm not there yet but I'm looking forward to get there.
Yosemite makes me want to sit infront of a wooden cabin in the mountains at sunset. Drinking wine, smoking a ciggy , enjoying the view & nature around me. Being at peace with myself & at peace with my life and being at peace with the world.
It feels also like Lana is reflecting & contemplating about her life in this song somehow. To me it's like sitting with an old lady in a wooden cabin in the mountains in autumn and she tells me at the end of her life ( like on her death bed ) about her life in a reflective way and is now at peace with everything.
And the bridge sounds so mystic, kinda celtic & reminds me actually a lot of nature, like sitting on a foggy autumn day close to a waterfall and looking at a valley with rivers & castle ruins. The bridge might be one of my favourite moments in Lana's discography.
The wait was truly worth it and what a historic moment that we finally got Yosemite. Definetly a highlight on this album and in her career!! Also this song was absolute grower and really hit after a few listens :trisha:

Breaking Up Slowly:
At my first listen this track was kinda meh. But after a few listens it grew on me and I really like it now. My only complain is that Nikki sings the first verse. It felt kinda weird to hear Nikkis voice after Yosemite, which seems like such a personal song to Lana.
This song overall fits so well between Yosemite & Dance Till We Die though
BUS feels like a song you would sing while sitting at a bonfire & drinking some Whiskey:karaoke:

Dance Till We Die : I really love this track. It sounds quite optimistic. This song reminds of the sunshine that breaks through the clouds after a rainy day. It reminds of the time of the year where the winter ends & spring begins. The Bridge is an absolute highlight!! The bridge wants me to go out again, to dance in the clubs & bars again with my friends, to drink, to have fun and just enjoy life. Actually it's bittersweet because the bridge reminded of the times before COVID so much but the bridge also screams to me " Don't be a depressed ass any longer and have fun and enjoy your life and just dance & be wild till you die ". We need a whole song that sounds like this bridge from Lana. And I love the instrumentation & production on this song. And her vocals in the bridge!!! The way I expected this song to be piano flop but I absolutely love it. Let's keep walking on the sunny side guys and dance till we die:dance:

For Free:
For Free was also kinda meh to me after my first listen but it grew on me a lot & I like it now. The harmonies sound beautiful , the intro sounds magical and Weyes sounds a lot like Joni..it's crazy:xcry:

Love this album a lot &  it's definetly one of my faves from her... A MASTERPIECE :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Why is this almost the opposite of how I thought :toofunny: I thought Wild at Heart and Tulsa Jesus Freak would be at the top and Yosemite + BUS would be at the bottom

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

28 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

Love this reaction!! He really appreciates her artistry like we do and I admire that 

he's so right - let me love you is the lamest. What a weird choice to release that as the first single. Maybe interscope did some audience testing / focus groups. It's the only possible explanation

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Why is this almost the opposite of how I thought :toofunny: I thought Wild at Heart and Tulsa Jesus Freak would be at the top and Yosemite + BUS would be at the bottom

Ew wtf people r crazy

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

You can tell they're scared to be twitter-dragged like Complex... she warned them :mj:

Lanarat.png

17 minutes ago, lover said:

hope everyone is enjoying the record as much as i am! i'm curious to know - what do you think about the track listing and in what order do you listen to the tracks? do you like the original one or have you created a one for yourself? do you have songs that you think need to be listened side by side?

and since no one asked, here's mine:

Reveal hidden contents

1. let me love you like a woman

2. chemtrails over the country club

3. tulsa jesus freak

4. wild at heart

5. not all who wander are lost

6. dark but just a game

7. breaking up slowly

8. white dress

9. yosemite

10. dance till we die

i like for free, but i have difficulties placing her covers to the tracklists so for now it works as the closer, but i tend to skip it tbh

even though i can see why lmlylaw wouldn't work very well as a single, i definitely think that it sounds great as the album opener, an intro to the title track. "i'm ready to leave LA" / "i'm on the run with you, my sweet love"

the track listing works perfectly for me.

White dress is an amazing opener, and for free a great closer. It's all thematically connected and only gets a bit tiredsome towards the ends as 3-4 songs are super languid. But the bridge in Dance breaks it up a bit.

there are no awful tracks either like freak on hm or coachella on lfl

18 minutes ago, Turtledove said:

the crispness of her voice is amazing and so refreshing on this album!!! Im playing it on my phone's speaker and its so clear :fact::worship:

You know what, I was enjoying it without realizing it ! It's true that sometimes her voice can be drowned in vocal effects but it's often crisp and clean on this record. Cool ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg