I'll stay the same
No rose left on the vines
Don't even want what's mine
Much less the fame
It's dark but just a game
It's dark but just a game
It's dark but just...

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The reference to Making Out in this one tho. "making out in parking lots with every little boy i spot baby you can't stop me"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 hours ago, Elle said:

A pretty little fool
To think exceptions to the rule
Just walk around
Like you and me this way

I love this section but I always hear "a pretty little thought"

The lyrics on Instagram even say it's "a brave little fool", which is DEFINITLY wrong.

6 hours ago, Elle said:

I was a pretty little thing
Ain't got a lot to sing, but
Nothing came from either one but pain
But fuck it

I think it is "And god I loved to sing", which makes much more sense, especially since she sings that nothing came from "either" (her being pretty and her loving to sing)

Wanted to check the Instalyrics on this one too, but this whole section is missing there LOL.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

7 hours ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

The verses are so "No Doubt - Don't Speak" ... and I adore anything No Doubt... a win in my book

I thought when I first hear it I heard similarities to like 90s radio music and then was listening to it starting there when I read that and this is it.

The part "we keep changing all the time" etc it reminds me of something i've heard before also but I can't think of what, is it like the Beatles or John Lennon or something.

Anyone else ear an interpolation of The Greatest during the Chorus ? After all they did sample How to disappear in Wild at heart.  

@Barry Isn't it the song you think about ? The Greatest sounded pretty much Beatle-y to me

2 hours ago, Barry said:

The part "we keep changing all the time" etc it reminds me of something i've heard before also but I can't think of what, is it like the Beatles or John Lennon or something.

Yep I picked up on that too, definitely a Beatles vibe and I am here for it. Maybe it's how she does the kind of 'talking-singing' like in the Beatles lyrics "I read the news today, oh boy" 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:27 AM, Downtown Baby Doll said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but "pretty little fool" immediately made me think of this quote from The Great Gastby:

"That's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."- Daisy

I think it’s referencing the lyrics in an Elliot smith song called say yes, he committed suicide so his fate relates to the content of the song  “And I could be another fool
Or an exception to the rule” 

I still can’t thinking about which singer/celebrity prompted her to write this, so I did a little digging

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/oscars-party-diary-inside-a-list-parties-events-1276442 (second section for the Guy Oseary party guest list). Not a lot of musicians in that list (The Weeknd, Adele, Miguel, HAIM, will.i.am, Elton John, Sean Combs) and while it does have Lana, it doesn’t list Jack Antonoff who according to Mojo was also at that party. We’ll never know for sure but it’s fun to whittle down the possibilities a bit. 

pls this can’t be another song about Kanye

She's talking about fame here, how it ruins everyone who becomes famous and they end up tragically (overdosed, by suicide, car crash etc) without exception. The first verse is in particular is focused on it. When she says "pretty little fool, thinking exceptions to the rule", she's basically saying "a fool for thinking you can escape this 'rule' where all these celebs get their life ruined, destroyed and end up dead". "The best ones lost their minds", she's saying this happened even to the best ones.