Elle

Dark but Just a Game

6 hours ago, Creyk said:

She's talking about fame here, how it ruins everyone who becomes famous and they end up tragically (overdosed, by suicide, car crash etc) without exception. The first verse is in particular is focused on it. When she says "pretty little fool, thinking exceptions to the rule", she's basically saying "a fool for thinking you can escape this 'rule' where all these celebs get their life ruined, destroyed and end up dead". "The best ones lost their minds", she's saying this happened even to the best ones.

and there, once again, we can see lana's growth through her lyrics. in her unreleased songs there's a big idealization of glamour and fame. she was all like "i want the power, to be glamorous, look what a scene it would be to have plenty golden coins and live in the marmont", and then you compare all that with her words now, after reaching stardom.

I just realized the chorus was reworked from the original bridge of NFR :wat: 

At 8:20 of this livestream you can hear it

"You keep changing all the time

You change your goddamn mind

You know you're like a child

But I don't have a clue"

36 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

But I don't have a clue"

Oh my god!! Thank you so much for pointing this out - that's incredible! I remember really loving the verses from the original NFR that she did in this live and wanting her to do something with that, I can't believe I didn't recognise the reuse of the chorus. Even the lyrics are similar: "We keep changing all the time. The best ones lost their minds."

Sort of like how she reused the LFL Max Martin verse melody for Yosemite's pre-chorus.. and apparently LMLYLAW was from Ultraviolence, and I've always sort of thought that what the insider meant by that was that she reused some element from an UV outtake/demo for LMLYLAW rather than the whole song itself, especially since she had just mentioned wanting to do something with the lyric "let me love you like a woman" in an interview that was only a year or two before the song's release. I wonder what other elements she reused & recreated for Chemtrails that we wouldn't even know about! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 5/22/2021 at 3:26 AM, White Hot Forever said:

But I don't have a clue"

So i'm bumping this thread because BOZ just revealed this

Nope! It was already remade in 2018 or more probable - the original version of NFR actually "sampled" DBJAG after Lana scrapped it from NFR

My life has been a lie