Elle

Dance Till We Die

On 4/9/2021 at 8:16 PM, That Venice Bitch said:

I think Courtney posted about it. She like literally almost burnt down the Malibu house one time

Check post below

On 4/9/2021 at 10:35 PM, longtimeman said:

This won't embed properly ( @Elle can you help out here?) but this is the post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMnSX-KBSNW/

Ahh interesting, good to know. I don't follow her on insta so that's interesting to me. Thanks for clarifying! With Lana and her wordplay you never really know 100% until you think twice about it lol this time she was actually being literal hahaha

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The Washington Post did a story on Joan Baez, and here's some quotes from Lana about Joan, the inspiration that sparked 'Dance Till We Die' - 

Lana Del Rey, another high soprano and a recent friend, says, “Joan’s so inherently herself, and always has been. She just had all the freedom to have all the opinions. She’s definitely not conforming to society’s how do you do’s. She’s just incredibly strong and a dominant presence in the best possible way.”

Two years ago, Del Rey coaxed Baez to perform “Diamonds and Rust” with her at a concert in Berkeley, Calif. Afterward, they went dancing at a San Francisco Mission Senegalese dance club, Bissap Baobab. Baez kept the joint open until 4 a.m., dancing long after Del Rey had given up.

“The spirit is inside her. Joan is going to die in those boots,” Del Rey recalls. Which inspired Del Rey to write “Dance Till We Die,” included on her last album.

“Joan is my favorite female singer,” says Del Rey, who revels in that vibrato and what it asks of listeners. “It reaches way above yourself. It’s quite ethereal and heavenly. The vibrato and trills come from the freedom of speech, from this deep-seated honesty. . . . It’s like she’s saying, ‘Hey I have a lot to say here. I’m going to hang on this note and hang on here with me.’ ”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I went down to Woodside
I left Berkley, out of city, out of mind
Killin' it, talkin' shit
Joan said she was gonna quit
Tearin' it up at the Afro-Caribbean two-step
I left San Francisco, I've been coverin' Joni
And I'm dancin' with Joan
It's kinda hard to find love
When you're used to rollin' like a rollin' stone

:illumilana2:

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:
I went down to Woodside
I left Berkley, out of city, out of mind
Killin' it, talkin' shit
Joan said she was gonna quit
Tearin' it up at the Afro-Caribbean two-step
I left San Francisco, I've been coverin' Joni
And I'm dancin' with Joan
It's kinda hard to find love
When you're used to rollin' like a rollin' stone

:illumilana2:

Manifesting this sound for LDRX aka LDR x NL highly anticipated collab album

and also for giving me Margaret

" I was having a show at Berkeley three years ago and wanted Joan to sing “Diamonds & Rust” (1975) with me. She told me she lived an hour south of San Francisco, and that if I could not only find her but also sing the song’s high harmonies on the spot, she’d do it. I was given a vague map to get to a house distinguishable only by its color and the chickens running in the yard. At one point during my audition, she stopped me with a steely look to let me know I didn’t get it right. By the end, she said, “OK, that’s good. I’ll sing with you.” Midway through the performance, I said to the audience, “I have someone coming onstage who is the most generous-of-spirit singer I know, and the most important female singer of the ’60s and ’70s, and we’re gonna do ‘Diamonds & Rust’ together.” After the show, we went to an Afro-Caribbean two-step club, and she told me not to stop dancing until she did. That’s what my song “Dance Till We Die” (2021) is about. I think the secret to real success is to make sure you’re always emotionally intact. I learned that from Joan. I recently said to her, “I just want you to know that I’m keenly aware that, in this lifetime or any other, I have no right to be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.” And she replied, “Oh, shut up.”  "

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Are we going to ignore the fact that she sampled Is It Wrong's chorus melody in Dance Till We Die's bridge :creep:

One of her top best bridges, the song itself is cool too, manifesting a live debut :legend:

url%5D