Wearing a tight dress
Like look how I do this
Look how I got this

Made me feel, made me feel like a god
It kinda makes me feel like maybe I was better off
'Cause it made me feel, made me feel like a god
Kinda makes me feel like maybe I was better off

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Because it made me feel, made me feel like a god
'Cause it made me feel, made me feel like a god
Somehow it made me feel, made me feel like a god

giphy.gif

Kinda makes me feel like maybe I was better off

giphy.gif

Okay i need to say something. 

Lana starts NFR as "your head in your hands as you color me blue" but on COCC she starts it as "Sun stare, don't care with my head in my hands"

Has she herself become Norman Fuckin Rockwell, looking back at herself?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

29 minutes ago, mrdrk89 said:

I don't get the meaning of 'Like Sun Ra, feel small' - I know he was a musician but why is she equating him with feeling small? I'm not that familiar with Sun Ra.

He was an eccentric jazz artist with a small but cult following which allowed him to pursue a lifelong career despite all his idiosyncrasies. So maybe she harkens back to her Lizzy Grant days : yes it felt small (the budget, the scope, the audience), she had a very specific aesthetic which made her an original but it was on her plane, she had it under control every time...

The cut sound during “it was such a sceeene” sort of annoys me, like I wish they blended in the different recordings better. But overall, I’m in love with White Dress!! Amazing and amazingly experimental, too. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any more unique and alternative with her ? I’ve listened to this non stop since the leak and by the next morning it was basically burned in my mind. Nostalgic, relatable and beautiful.

The whole album is about the burden of fame, but this song is the only one that talks about her singing (in the street). This reminds me of the Rolling Stone interview she did with Elton John where she reminisced that there was a freedom starting out as a musician because it was fun, nobody really judged you. 

In her Lizzy Grant, early BTD days, she leaned into the whole image of a tragic, Lolita/Marilyn Monroe type figure. Critics thought it was a persona, and the backlash was intense, perhaps in a white hot way. But her fixation with these women is tied to how she thought it was thrilling to be the object of the male gaze. I read “look how I do this/ look how I got this” as a subversion of the fragile female trope because she turns it into a performance that she controls. 

Lana is older now. She probably looks back at these days wistfully, and maybe she still wishes she could tap into that although it’s no longer part of her current singer-songwriter “street cred.” Maybe that’s what QFTC was about, wishing she could reclaim a freedom of performance that was taken away from her. 

But this song was like done in one take, so this could be an over analysis or projection :D

I haven't seen anyone talk about the central setting of this song, and how there's never been a 'Men in Music Business' conference. The very idea of it is absurd, because men are considered the default in this sort of thing, and it's only minorities/less recognised groups that the industry occasionally remembers.  What there have been, of course, are numerous 'Women In Music' conferences, which pretend to be about showing off, for that one day, the talents of women performers, but are actually just another chance to ogle them.

So it's pretty funny how she flips it around from what it probably was - a patronising event at which the music executives were, I'd imagine, made up almost exclusively of men, so that it reflects what it must have felt like to nineteen-year-old Lizzy. A circus where she was the one who was looked at, by people who forgot or didn't care that she was looking at them at the same time. She did the same with flipping 'Music to Watch Girls By', too.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

9 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Is she singing about having sex with the men in the music industry or what?

I thought about that, but I don't want to project or put words in her mouth. I guess it's free for interpretation

4 minutes ago, Venice said:

DID U MAKE THIS @plastiscguy

I've been falling in love for days and just noticed the username, was it you did you do itttt :defeated: I love it!! 

Hi! yeh it was me sjdjsjdj :smile2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: