deeth

Regina Spektor

You should listen to some staples/fan-favorites first, and choose from their where to start exploring her substantial discography. :3 Try out 'Fidelity' or 'Better,' 'Hotel Song' and 'Summer in the City' to get a feel for Begin to Hope, and 'Eet,' 'Blue Lips,' and 'Dance Anthem of the 80s' to start off on Far. I would suggest 'Sailor Song,' 'Us,' and 'Chemo Limo' as starters for Soviet Kitsch. For her latest, I guess listen to the singles...it's pretty eclectic, but the best song is def. 'Jessica.' And then, if you wanna be a really big fan, check out the first two albums - 11:11 and Songs. I'd recommend 'Braille,' 'Love Affair,' 'Samson,' 'Prisoners,' 'Buildings,' and 'Sunshine.' If you need help with anything, just ask. :creep:

I did this, and Madrigal, count me in, her voice is so heavenly (I use this alot but OMG it is), Now I need the albums  :flutter:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I just asked the producer of 11:11 if he recorded more than just the twelve songs on it for the album, and he said they definitely did...and Jesse once posted some of the titles of them. :defeated: 

Recently, it's become by far my favourite Regina album, and I can't even put into words how incredible it would be if we ever get to hear those songs.  :hdu: 

Omigosh...there's a clip of a new song posted, and there are a few tears coming out of my eyes just because I love her so much. :toofunny: 

Honestly, though, I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I don't think there will ever be a singer I just love as much as Regina. . .there's something about her, her life, and her music that just appeals to me on so many levels. :ohno:

I used to listen to Begin to Hope and some stuff from Soviet Kitsch and Far a LOT but I haven't listened to her in a while and haven't even given What We Saw From The Cheap Seats a listen... I keep forgetting to, I guess I'm just not about her anymore and idk why, she's great... I think lately I've been really into electronic music and less about pretty piano ballads. 

WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN IM SO CONFUSED  :crying:  :icant:

Do i smell a new album  :hawt:

What is this for?! :assad:

Sadly, I don't think it's for a new album. :( 

It would appear that the new song - "You've Got Time" - is but a song for a soundtrack, but interestingly enough, it's for a Netflix Original!  :O 

Wish it could've been for "Arrested Development" (:P), but this tweet would seem to imply that it's intended for the soundtrack...and it'll be up for download here in just two days! :deadbanana:

WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN IM SO CONFUSED  :crying:  :icant:

Do i smell a new album  :hawt:

BUT IT'S ONLY BEEN A YEAR SINCE THE LAST ONE WHAT IS THIS.

Oh I see Madrigal has discovered something. A theme song! How cool for Regina.

To be away from all, to be one of everything

She's working on a new album! Coming next year!! :crying: I think we can all agree to forget wwsftcs aka wtf regina ever existed and move on :creep:

also loveology pls :hawt:

Omigosh, I know. :deadbanana:

i hope she works with someone besides Mike Elizondo this time. Personally, I think she should do some more old-er songs, though I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. 'Dulce et Decorum'? 'Prisoners'? 'The Clocks Were Asleep'? 'The Floor Heard Everything'? and, dare I say it....'You'? :hooker:

Omigosh, I know. :deadbanana:

i hope she works with someone besides Mike Elizondo this time. Personally, I think she should do some more old-er songs, though I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment. 'Dulce et Decorum'? 'Prisoners'? 'The Clocks Were Asleep'? 'The Floor Heard Everything'? and, dare I say it....'You'? :hooker:

:yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:

I'm here for soviet kitsch II 

And what about Mermaid?  :icant:

:derpna2:

:yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:

I'm here for soviet kitsch II 

And what about Mermaid?  :icant:

Omigosh, the cuteness.... I couldn't handle.  :hdu: 

Here to post some random Regina thoughts that I have nowhere else to talk about: 

1. I wonder if she's going to re-record any more of the songs from the  'Songs' album, especially on this next release. Over the past few weeks, I've grown to love that album so much more than I used to, and though I'm pleased with the way 'Samson' turned out the second time around (or as she said in an interview, more like the thirtieth time around), but the way she cut out the last verse of 'Ne Me Quitte Pas' just cuts me to the bone. :( I would love to hear anything from that album again, but maybe 'Prisoners' or 'Oedipus' would be best fitting with her new sound. Both are so un-nervingly dark, though, perhaps she wouldn't want to revisit them. Hopefully not 'Reading Time with Pickle', though ~ that song is perfect as it is, and nothing could make it any better. 
  2. Does anyone else feel like '11:11' enters her catalogue into a whole other level of brilliance? It's such an incredibly underappreciated, unequalled work of art, both in her discography and in every musical sphere I've ever visited. Jesse once pointed out on the Regi forum that it is the most like a concept album of any of her records, however, and somehow I think he's right. First of all, the only three songs she's done even close to recently are the three that were initially on her demo: 'Love Affair', 'Braille', and 'Sunshine'. Secondly, though its purpose was much like 'Songs''s (though a recorded months apart), to archive material, she doesn't seem to have any desire to revisit, much less re-record, any of the songs on it. :( It's such a brilliant album, with such beautiful production and vocals. I'm so sad I'll most likely never get a physical copy, but we're lucky it's up on iTunes. Someone also said once that she lost the masters of it, which, though very sad, possibly explains why it never got reprinted like 'Songs'. 
  3. I recently started to collect Regina's entire discography, and I'm so glad I did! I currently have three 'volumes' of her live performances - all the songs she never released that she performed live, as well as an alternate version of 'Belt' with Anders Griffen on drums and four covers. I just realized that somehow I missed 'Be Like a Cloud' somehow...if anyone wants me to upload it, just ask. :hooker: There are so many that she could have used recently...the fact that she used five of them on the last LP gives me hope that at least some of them will one day make their way online. I actually found someone who still probably has a studio version of 'Belt', but I don't feel the urge to ask her about it, as she apparently got asked about it years before and couldn't give it out. ;___;

During a YouTube binge that involved insomnia & a seriously megalomaniac project I randomly came across this, and I swear it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. :flutter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ulHFCB6w0I

Anyway, I never listened to any of her music before (except the MG&OFM collab, of course) so I figured it was more than time to give it a try & finally downloaded Soviet Kitsch.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I hope 8th Floor really makes it onto an album one of these days. 

And @@Madrigal I think 11:11 is in her top 3 of albums, its so good. 

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/07/08/regina-spektor-orange-is-the-new-black-youve-got-time/

She's working on a new album! Coming next year!!  :crying:   I think we can all agree to forget wwsftcs aka wtf regina ever existed and move on  :creep:

also loveology pls  :hawt:

I think What We Saw is my least favorite album of hers too, but why in your opinion do you think it is?

6oOJ3n4.jpg?1