Elle

LDR VILLAGE - Merch Drop

37 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

you are the one that said we expect to much from her lmao, i dont think she even knows what the village drops or not

not getting your point about this. expecting anything from her is already expecting too much. but that’s not a diss it just means she’s an artist and she doesn’t owe anyone anything so you shouldn’t expect anything to counter your greed. 

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, bigspender said:

not getting your point about this. expecting anything from her is already expecting too much. but that’s not a diss it just means she’s an artist and she doesn’t owe anyone anything so you shouldn’t expect anything to counter your greed. 

Sure just to be clear im not dragging lana AT ALL, great that she is all about the music, im dragging her merch team or whoever its in charge of the village. This is the topic to talk about her merch on the village, which its not it, i only said that they could be better, and you make a big deal out of it like I questioned lana herself lmao, the village are the ones selling shitty designs on shitty quality items over and over again. And theres no greed to satisfy on my part i’ll tell you that lmao

original.gif

3 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Sure just to be clear im not dragging lana AT ALL, great that she is all about the music, im dragging her merch team or whoever its in charge of the village. This is the topic to talk about her merch on the village, which its not it, i only said that they could be better, and you make a big deal out of it like I questioned lana herself lmao, the village are the ones selling shitty designs on shitty quality items over and over again. And theres no greed to satisfy on my part i’ll tell you that lmao

“she or her team doesn’t care enough”

alright! i’m not entertaining this conversation anymore 

giphy.gif

i’ve HAD it. 

this is ABSOLUTE trash…

i’ve been a fan since 2013/2014 and this is actual garage. how can lana or her team green light designs like these. half of them look like walmart / tjmax clearance. it is so beyond disappointing to see them do designs that lack creativity or intention. esp cuz lana and her art / fans deserve nice quality work fan merch. i’m not apologizing and i would say this to her or ben’s face. i’m sick of this shit. 

examples of artists with FIRE/DOPE merch: Angel Olsen, Big Thief, Caroline POlachekk, HAIM sisters..... lana doesn't have to have sh*tty merch 

I think LFL/NFR was the last time we got somewhat decent merch that represented the era but was also kinda creative?

Chemtrails for me was the biggest let down! They could've done so much with that visual... LDR golf balls, tea cups, compact mirrors, pearls etc. 

I still love the idea of an LDR tea set, teapot with a classic style then each cup representing a different era? Like maybe the flowers or something? And then they could do limited edition anniversary tea cups etc.

For the Born To Die anniversary, I would've liked to have seen heartshaped sunglasses, coke necklace, zip lighter, blue jeans bathing suit, national anthem themed beach towel? the lyric book could have been reprinted, lithographs, off to the races playing cards, rose keychain... There's so many possibilities!

I do like the prayer candle however.

13 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

1ZLeFDn.jpg

i guess i’m not getting anything from this drop :D

Sucks so much that shipping to us down here is extortionate! :notamused: I've missed out on so many cool items because her Aus store stocks nothing

11 minutes ago, cjfinley said:

Sucks so much that shipping to us down here is extortionate! :notamused: I've missed out on so many cool items because her Aus store stocks nothing

ikr everything sells out so fas,t and everything in the au store costs more than the us store before shipping

2 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

The designs are always so random what even is that t-shirt with the umbrella drawing :toofunny:

its giving 🥴🥴GUEST_d299a9e9-d2d5-4407-abd2-2fa4f3842a

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

The BTD era is legitimately iconic due in part to the aesthetics. Lana created visuals and vibes that artists are still imitating 10 years later! There are nearly a countless number of concepts they could've gone with to create some really cool merch and they give us Von Dutch and MORTON SALT rip off artwork...it's low key a slap in the face. 

I seriously don't know why they don't do a reissue of her popular merch items like the necklaces and lyric books, you know they couldn't have cost that much to produce and they would sell out in a snap

giphy-1.gif 

I've never bought any LDR merch, but this is beyond tragic. Have the team that made it ever heard Born to Die???? :eartha:

Which is the best outcome here?

• Lana made these designs and thinks they're good enough
  • Lana's team made these designs and thinks they're good enough, Lana approves.
  • Lana's team made these designs and thinks they're good enough, Lana has no idea these exist.

Someone needs to take ownership. :eartha:

3lfQEhw.png

9 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

what blows my mind is that there's a literal team of designers behind this merch like what the fuck is going on in those offices?? what are the team meetings and pitches like?? :stareney2: 

I really wish fans had more input on their favorite artists’ merch! It seems like many fan bases have this issue with mainstream artists. Musicians typically make merch for fan revenue anyway, so why not appeal to the consumers? 

LB has generated so many cool clothing, vinyl, and accessory designs, and I know those ideas would sell so well (especially thinking of @lanadelrey with this lol). If only her team would see and consider them:um2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I do think the bottlecap design is pretty cool (especially since its a reference to Pepsi-Cola lol) but this drop really makes me think that whoever is designing this stuff has no idea who their base is or what we want. I doubt they've ever even listened to Lana's music :horror2:

7 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

I've never bought any LDR merch, but this is beyond tragic. Have the team that made it ever heard Born to Die???? :eartha:

Which is the best outcome here?

• Lana made these designs and thinks they're good enough
  • Lana's team made these designs and thinks they're good enough, Lana approves.
  • Lana's team made these designs and thinks they're good enough, Lana has no idea these exist.

Someone needs to take ownership. :eartha:

I agree, like I feel like either Lana approves and loves it or she has no idea about it at all haha like I wanna say she has no involvement because the LDR village merch is worlds away from the LFL merch that she was heavily involved in, but maybe this stuff is her style now :ma: